• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP108 Title revealed

The show has been gradually moving Ash away from the cute little tiny Pokemon ever since the start of Hoenn. Most of his Pokemon evolved that arc and Sinnoh will probably be the same.
Well, it partly applies to Gliscor, that cute issue. Although in this case, it's more of the personality that's cute than the appearance.

Togepi could have evolved in Johto but didn't want to. It practically had to be forced to evolve, remember?

You can't know if it want or didn't want since they never got into that
I just explained there's no rules for the "friendship evolution" in the anime... the writers will randomly make them evolve when they'll want... so people can't assume anything by that (and if they do- than assume that for Ash who has two soothe bells...)

Shame most Japanese titles are like that.

I know but like I said- I doubt the title will talk about the egg since that's likely to be a farewall present from Riley and not the focus of an episode

Good point, but then again, I'm not entirely sure if Ash uses his Staravia that much. Heck, I'm not even sure if he uses Turtwig all that much either.

... 0__0
Ash used Turtwig a LOT
Starly learned Aerial Ace and evolved into Staravia who than beat Gardenia's Cherubi, learned Brave Bird and got an even better Gym battle with Maylene
That's more than I can say about Brock's Happiny
Ash/Dawn won't truly neglect a Poké the way Brock does- since each of their Pokémon is almost 100% to do -at least- one Gym/Contest (and probably more) while Brock doesn't really do anything to use his Poké in

Err.. Actually, it does (Eggseter town and the breeding center in Battle Frontier where May got Eevee's Egg comes to mind.)

And...? They didn't say they're "Pokémon Breeders" and that this is what a breeder do

People are probably saying that because of his experience and his being a former gym leader

I still don't get it... especially since he isn't a Gym Leader anymore

That's true, but then again, if it did mean he should get it, he probably would have caught all the legendary pokemon and controlled them.

Riolu and Lucario aren't legendary
Not to mention Ash really liked Riolu... I don't remember any other Pokémon that Ash formed such a bond with... I don't remember any other time where I just couldn't stop myself from thinking how PERFECT Poké for Ash this is...
I don't even care for the aura stuff...

Even if he did, too many people would complain either way (either Riolu being sent to Oaks or one of his pokemon members)

So they're stupids
People will always complain about anything

BTW, speaking of Possibilities and rumors, I read on one of forums that I belong to that theres a rumor going around that Ash may actually leave the main cast after DP or some seasons after the end of DP. It's probably a silly rumor, but still, it's there, and a possibility.

There's no way to know such a thing so don't believe any little thing you read of the internet
And it isn't related at all to this thread

It's totally plausible for Ash to get the Egg without having to give up one of his Pokémon.

Remember Larvitar?

Yes I remember the Larvitar Ash never owned
This is totally different case if Ash officially get the egg - it'd count as a Poké (if it'll be like usually they do it than it even comes with a Pokéball that immediately return the hatched Poké without the need to catch it!)
Notice how before Ash got Phanpy's egg they sent Bulbasaur to Oak to make place for it

Those were Daycare centers, not breeding centers. Completely different thing as far as the anime is concerned. Takeshi's "breeder" profession does not exist in the games in any shape or form, and has nothing to do with getting eggs.

The English translation of the games and anime might've been somewhat vague on the subject, but they're different concepts in the original. Hence, Takeshi has nothing to do with eggs.

Exactly!
Daycare center owners are like Aoi's parents- which is exactly what they're in the games... trainers can leave them their Poké to take care of and I guess some of them also have eggs (but not all... it didn't seem like Aoi's had any eggs... but it also didn't seem like the Eevee egg episoe one had any Poké taked care of for trainers... maybe some do that and some do the other?)

While Pokémon Breeders (like how we see in the show itself - you really can't argue with that... and there's also Oak's corner's explanation on breeder) simply have Poké, take care of them, are knowledge in this all "take care of Poké" things like make food and know what to do when a Poké is sick

Ash already has to balance focus of six Pokémon and Dawn is even worse at using her four non-starter Pokémon.

Eventually every Poké gets to shine - they simply can't make them all share the spotlight at the same time
Ash and Dawn have their Gyms and Contests so every one of their Poké is almost confirmed to get at least one Gym/Contest and probably more
So to add one more Poké to either won't hurt that much... especially if like I said Riolu won't do much this saga and will get used more only from the next saga

Brock also needs more focus in the big plots and Lucario would only benefit one of the two in an aura-related plotline.

I really can't see how Brock is related to Lucario at all
If they want to do better with Brock than...
- let him and Croagunk see Uxie like should be
- make Holly a recurring character and do something with this
- let Brock actually do things more often than just sit as part of the background (it'd be nice to see him in a Contest and even a Gym battle like Dawn had)
- make up some kind of a breeders competition (one time things... I doubt they'd give him a plot like Gyms/Contests)

Since he was the leader of the Pewter Gym.

I really can't get how "was in the past a rock type Gym Leader" makes him likely to get Riolu

People claim Ash's aura is a reason for him to get Riolu. I say they're wrong. Your counter is meaningless.

You can't say they're wrong really... it's a possible hint and it's also possible and doesn't mean anything
We'll have to wait and see

And you need to read my post more carefully. Ash has no interest in following up on his aura abilities. He is fixated on Pokémon training.

So he can't train Riolu like his others?
I think you should watch the Riolu episodes again... I can't understand how anyone won't want Ash to get one after watching this

it won't go to Ash because he already has a full team.

Why repeat things again and again after they were answered?
Ash can send to Oak someone or even Riolu itself

Or he can begin to change his team more often so we'll see enough of Riolu without really losing anyone else (usually we don't see all of Ash's Poké do something so when they like Riolu to appear they can simply be like "yeah Grotle is at Oak's now" than the next episode Grotle is back and either Riolu Oak'd again or someone else now
So we won't even feel someone got Oak'd if they'll do it this way... it'd be like Ash has 7

I'm pretty sure that "May's egg-cellent adventure" referred to it as a "breeding center" instead of a daycare center (I mean, Nicolette's article even referred to her occupation as a worker at a breeding center.).

A "worker at..." so she isn't a Pokémon Breeder
Even if it is called "breeding center" it isn't related to Pokémon Breeders like Brock

Stop acting like Games=/=anime, since, guess what, they are more similar than you think.

They don't have Breeders like Brock in the games

That's sadly about the last thing Staravia's really done outside of hunting Team Rocket.

SO learning Brave Bird and having a great Gym battle with Maylene doesn't count?

...Gliscor just doesn't "fit" in Ash's group. I dunno it doesn't look like a Pokemon he would have. More like a Team Rocket Pokemon.

When I watched the episode Gligar evolved - I couldn't stop thinking how fitting it is to Ash
Did you watch this episode? if not than maybe it'd change your mind about it

no way Ash will get it. His team is full.

I won't repeat that... read the answer in this post

All previous main girl characters have a Pokemon that hatched from an egg (Togepi/Togetic and Eevee/Glaceon) and Dawn hasn't yet.

It's more like all the twerps (except Max who can't have Poké and neglected Tracey that got one off screen than gave it away) got an egg
Not just the girls... Ash and Brock got too
She can still get an egg later... it doesn't automatically makes her the one to get Riolu just because it's an egg and she still didn't get one...

I get the sad feeling that if anyone gets Oaked off of Ash's team in favor of Riolu it will probably be Gliscor. Which is too bad because he's one of my favorites. But you never know. But here's a question. Wouldn't it be interesting if nobody got Riolu but it traveled with them anyway? It would be a rouge Pokemon that would act as another human character. Then maybe at the end of the series the big question will be "whose Riolu (or hopefully by that time Lucario) going to go with?"

Maybe we won't have a riolu now, since it already had the ranger special. And, if chimchar really evolves around january, so Riley's presence could mean some trainning episodes for Ash and monferno finnaly master that crazy powered up blaze thing.

You can't know if it want or didn't want since they never got into that
I just explained there's no rules for the "friendship evolution" in the anime... the writers will randomly make them evolve when they'll want... so people can't assume anything by that (and if they do- than assume that for Ash who has two soothe bells...)

Golbat evolved into Crobat much faster than Zubat did into Golbat in the Anime, why have it evolve quickly if there isn't any friendship evolutions in the anime. Besides, one can argue the same thing in regards to level evolutions (and to a far lesser extent, trade/trade+item evolutions).

I know but like I said- I doubt the title will talk about the egg since that's likely to be a farewall present from Riley and not the focus of an episode

Meh, DP's episodes are currently spoiling the plotlines (eg, Dustox's release episode.)

... 0__0
Ash used Turtwig a LOT
Starly learned Aerial Ace and evolved into Staravia who than beat Gardenia's Cherubi, learned Brave Bird and got an even better Gym battle with Maylene
That's more than I can say about Brock's Happiny

Well, I remember the Gardenia and Roark episode, and I remember him training Energy ball, and that's it. but I can't say for certain that he actually uses it a lot. using a pokemon a lot, IMO, would equate to nearly getting as much action and screentime as Pikachu or Piplup.

You have a bit of a point on Staravia, though.

Also, other than May's Eevee [whom is controversial in and of itself], when did ANY of the baby pokemon ever battle a lot (by Baby Pokemon, I mean being hatched from an egg) under a trainer's command? Phanpy probably had... what, two battles, and then it got Oak'd until the Battle Frontier (which even then, it only had one battle)? Larvitar had that same number and got released (yes, I did say "released", as Spurt already confirmed that Larvitar was indeed Ash's pokemon.). Togepi had two battles (against Pikachu, and against Hanson), and Azurill, actually, when DID it battle?

Ash/Dawn won't truly neglect a Poké the way Brock does- since each of their Pokémon is almost 100% to do -at least- one Gym/Contest (and probably more) while Brock doesn't really do anything to use his Poké in

Ash's Phanpy and Larvitar never joined in a Pokemon Gym Battle in Johto (and Larvitar can't ever rejoin a battle). Heck, Heracross never even joined a Gym battle at all.

And...? They didn't say they're "Pokémon Breeders" and that this is what a breeder do

Nope, but the mere fact that they have eggs being made implies it. Besides, most of the characters of the day don't really mention they are pokemon trainers, either, and the mere fact that most of these COTDs have pokemon implies that they do.

I still don't get it... especially since he isn't a Gym Leader anymore

Sigh, some people are under the belief that a Gym Leader wields tremendous strength and is stronger than the rest (in fact, some may argue that Gym Leaders are still strong even when NOT on duty.).

Riolu and Lucario aren't legendary

I already knew that. I was only saying that since the Legendaries were stated to be "god-like" (which, I personally disagree due to certain issues like captures, but still), and you said Ash is "supernatural", I retorted that he would probably control Legendaries.

Not to mention Ash really liked Riolu... I don't remember any other Pokémon that Ash formed such a bond with... I don't remember any other time where I just couldn't stop myself from thinking how PERFECT Poké for Ash this is...
I don't even care for the aura stuff...

Well, he formed a bond with Pikachu, Larvitar, Aipom, Squirtle, Charizard, Bulbasaur, Butterfree, heck, even his Johto team (as the episode where he returns to Pallet after the Hoenn League has him reuniting with his Johto Starters as well. otherwise, explain this pic:

Ash%27s_Bayleef.jpg

I'd say that the fact he bonds with pokemon isn't exactly enough to prove Riolu will be going to him.

There's no way to know such a thing so don't believe any little thing you read of the internet
And it isn't related at all to this thread

I didn't really believe it, I just pointed it out for food of thought. though, yeah good point, it's not really relevant other than it being a rumor.

Yes I remember the Larvitar Ash never owned
This is totally different case if Ash officially get the egg - it'd count as a Poké (if it'll be like usually they do it than it even comes with a Pokéball that immediately return the hatched Poké without the need to catch it!)

Err... Larvitar was listed as his Pokemon in spurt (I mean, if he never owned it in the first place, why did it appear in Spurt?)

Besides, technically speaking, Misty never "Officialy" owned Togepi, as it never had a Pokeball.

Notice how before Ash got Phanpy's egg they sent Bulbasaur to Oak to make place for it

They could have easily done it without doing a party member as well. Remember, he also left Butterfree behind in Kanto, and he never had a permanent slot for his sixth pokemon until Snorlax.

Exactly!
Daycare center owners are like Aoi's parents- which is exactly what they're in the games... trainers can leave them their Poké to take care of and I guess some of them also have eggs (but not all... it didn't seem like Aoi's had any eggs... but it also didn't seem like the Eevee egg episoe one had any Poké taked care of for trainers... maybe some do that and some do the other?)

since it involves breeding pokemon, it's being a breeder IMO, besides, they also implied in both the games and the anime that Breeding pokemon (as in, having them mate) is a very integrigal concept to Breeding.

While Pokémon Breeders (like how we see in the show itself - you really can't argue with that... and there's also Oak's corner's explanation on breeder) simply have Poké, take care of them, are knowledge in this all "take care of Poké" things like make food and know what to do when a Poké is sick

Trainers also have that knowledge (Battling trainers and coordinators), Otherwise, May and Dawn wouldn't know about which poffin/pokeblock their pokemon likes. Heck, trainers stop by for supplies.

Eventually every Poké gets to shine - they simply can't make them all share the spotlight at the same time

They didn't have Larvitar battle in any gyms or leagues though (and it IS indeed Ash's Pokemon, since it appeared on "spurt".)

I really can't see how Brock is related to Lucario at all
If they want to do better with Brock than...
- let him and Croagunk see Uxie like should be
- make Holly a recurring character and do something with this
- let Brock actually do things more often than just sit as part of the background (it'd be nice to see him in a Contest and even a Gym battle like Dawn had)
- make up some kind of a breeders competition (one time things... I doubt they'd give him a plot like Gyms/Contests)

for Uxie, considering how he's fooled all the time by their disguises (and in the case of "Holy Matrimony", even fooled by a pathetic lie [as it was painfully obvious that James wasn't dead, since he's the one narrating the tale.].), I can't even say that's likely (If he truly was the wisest of the group, why did he believe James' obvious lie in "Holy Matrimony".)

Actually, out of all of this, Holly's likely.

Good Point

since you said "one time", hate to break this to you, but Brock already DID that kind of thing ("Beauty and the Breeder", remember?)

You can't say they're wrong really... it's a possible hint and it's also possible and doesn't mean anything
We'll have to wait and see

Yes, let's wait and see.

So he can't train Riolu like his others?
I think you should watch the Riolu episodes again... I can't understand how anyone won't want Ash to get one after watching this

If they wanted to have him train Riolu, why didn't they just try and have him catch the Riolu in that special? Considering how you mentioned how he and Riolu formed a bond in that episode, why would they not have him capture it?

Still, you do have a good point overall. I mean, Dawn saw a buneary in "Two Degrees of Separation", and she didn't capture her own until "Setting the World on it's Buneary", despite failing to capture one in "Two Degrees of Separation" and "Dawn of a New Era"

Or he can begin to change his team more often so we'll see enough of Riolu without really losing anyone else (usually we don't see all of Ash's Poké do something so when they like Riolu to appear they can simply be like "yeah Grotle is at Oak's now" than the next episode Grotle is back and either Riolu Oak'd again or someone else now

That's not exactly the case. I mean, Ash deposited Heracross at Oaks for Tauros (for the trading center's tauros exebition), and yet, despite giving Tauros back to Oak, he still left Heracross at Oak's lab (since Oak wanted to study it.)

A "worker at..." so she isn't a Pokémon Breeder
Even if it is called "breeding center" it isn't related to Pokémon Breeders like Brock

As far as I'm concerned, Breeding a Pokemon = Pokemon Breeder, they even made it clear in the article.

They don't have Breeders like Brock in the games

Wrong, there's the Pokemon Breeder class in Gen III.

When I watched the episode Gligar evolved - I couldn't stop thinking how fitting it is to Ash
Did you watch this episode? if not than maybe it'd change your mind about it

Ironically, no one thought Glalie even fitted with Ash in the first place, yet the writers gave him that despite the fact.

It's more like all the twerps (except Max who can't have Poké and neglected Tracey that got one off screen than gave it away) got an egg
Not just the girls... Ash and Brock got too
She can still get an egg later... it doesn't automatically makes her the one to get Riolu just because it's an egg and she still didn't get one...

Well, the mere fact that Tracey even had an egg (off-screen or not) seems to be enough IMO.

Meh, DP's episodes are currently spoiling the plotlines (eg, Dustox's release episode.)

But this is something that was the main plot of the episode
I just said if someone get an egg it'd probably be at an end of episode and won't be the focus so the title isn't likely to mention it

Well, I remember the Gardenia and Roark episode, and I remember him training Energy ball, and that's it. but I can't say for certain that he actually uses it a lot. using a pokemon a lot, IMO, would equate to nearly getting as much action and screentime as Pikachu or Piplup.

Pika and Pip are the stars Poké... with Buizel and Buneary playing second to them at least currently
But still it doesn't mean other Poké don't get a lot of screentime
Ash used Turtwig a lot and you must know that if you watched all of DP (especially before the Aipom/Buizel trade)

when did ANY of the baby pokemon ever battle a lot

Sudo isn't a baby and it also doesn't do much

Ash's Phanpy and Larvitar never joined in a Pokemon Gym Battle in Johto (and Larvitar can't ever rejoin a battle). Heck, Heracross never even joined a Gym battle at all.

Larvitar isn't Ash's
Why did it appear in "Ready Go" and "Spurt"? because it was a very close friend to Ash and kind of traveled together with the group for a short amount of time (about 7 episodes)
Ash had 6 so he couldn't officially have it even if he and Larvi wanted
Ash took an egg to move it somewhere - the egg wasn't given to him but he simply took it to bring it somewhere... but the egg hatched and the mother was found so instead bring Larvi where he was supposed to - he simply let it return to its mother

Also "Glory Day" showed all of Ash's Poké too just like "Spurt" - Larvi didn't appear there

Phanpy and Hera at least got redeemed a little in the Johto League and Battle Frontier (and are you sure Phanpy didn't have a Gym battle? didn't it battle Pryce or something? I don't remember)
They know better in DP and won't repear such a thing anyway... Gliscor and Swinub are the only ones yet to participate in their trainer's thing... and it'll sure happen eventually

I won't argue about the Breeder thing - you choose to ignore facts... just watch the show and get what Breeder is
And you once again take seriously things that are meant to simply be funny and not to be taked seriously or to showcase characters as stupids
And Ash couldn't catch a Riolu that already had a trainer

That's not exactly the case. I mean, Ash deposited Heracross at Oaks for Tauros (for the trading center's tauros exebition), and yet, despite giving Tauros back to Oak, he still left Heracross at Oak's lab (since Oak wanted to study it.)

So...? who says he must do that again? he can switch Poké however he wants really (and DP isn't afraid to try new ideas)

I really don't see why everyone wants him to have Riolu? What's it got that his other Pokemon haven't.

He already has a pretty good team and I don't see why Lucario/Aura fan boys want him to get one. I can't possibly think of any reason why Riolu should replace when it and it's evolution have had more than enough screen time.

Why don't we give all three trainers Riouls? Then everything will be sunshine and rainbows in the fandom!

Pika and Pip are the stars Poké... with Buizel and Buneary playing second to them at least currently
But still it doesn't mean other Poké don't get a lot of screentime
Ash used Turtwig a lot and you must know that if you watched all of DP (especially before the Aipom/Buizel trade)

I stopped at Ash's first round against Roark. However, I HAVE researched Bulbapedia and serebii to an extent, so I do know some things.

Sudo isn't a baby and it also doesn't do much

It was responsible for getting Nuzleaf back to it's parents, plus, it's almost a role model for Happiny.

Larvitar isn't Ash's
Why did it appear in "Ready Go" and "Spurt"? because it was a very close friend to Ash and kind of traveled together with the group for a short amount of time (about 7 episodes)
Ash had 6 so he couldn't officially have it even if he and Larvi wanted
Ash took an egg to move it somewhere - the egg wasn't given to him but he simply took it to bring it somewhere... but the egg hatched and the mother was found so instead bring Larvi where he was supposed to - he simply let it return to its mother

As it's the exact same reply you gave on the Larvitar/Haunter thread, I suggest you read my reply on there.

Also "Glory Day" showed all of Ash's Poké too just like "Spurt" - Larvi didn't appear there

See above.

Phanpy and Hera at least got redeemed a little in the Johto League and Battle Frontier (and are you sure Phanpy didn't have a Gym battle? didn't it battle Pryce or something? I don't remember)

Maybe, I really don't recall that much about it. Besides, they barely ever showed Phanpy on that June 2nd-3rd, anyways. Plus, they didn't show the Price battle either.

They know better in DP and won't repear such a thing anyway... Gliscor and Swinub are the only ones yet to participate in their trainer's thing... and it'll sure happen eventually

People were complaining about repetitive plots and other things like the trade. If they knew better, there shouldn't be ANY complaints.

I won't argue about the Breeder thing - you choose to ignore facts... just watch the show and get what Breeder is

I did watch the first season, much of the Johto season, and I researched "Breeders" on bulbapedia. In fact, they agree with my opinion far more than it does to yours.

And you once again take seriously things that are meant to simply be funny and not to be taked seriously or to showcase characters as stupids

Hey, I don't think people being portrayed as idiots is even remotely funny. If anything, it's kinda sad. I mean, if they tell knock knock jokes, or something like a riddle, That I can probably laugh at.

And Ash couldn't catch a Riolu that already had a trainer

Good point, but still...

So...? who says he must do that again? he can switch Poké however he wants really (and DP isn't afraid to try new ideas)

I'm against that, but it's equally a possibility.

You know what what would be funny? If Riley gives out an egg, but it's not a Riolu one. That would be hilarious and out of place.

I was about to ask what if Brock had it. Dawn getting it would be interesting, as once it evolves she won't carry around that "cute" factor for long.

I'd like to see Ash with a Gallade in the future, if not this Riolu. :(

I do agree that we have seen a lot of Lucario though. Maybe they will ignore it?

Even better, magically make everyone in the cast a riolu. :p
There should be a wise-cracking, talking Riolu that joins the cast. Not as one of their Pokemon, but like Meowth.

His goal would to become a Pokemon master by honing his own abilities. He'd admit himself into the Pokemon league after beating all of the gym leaders. By himself.

With his bare hands.

I stopped at Ash's first round against Roark. However, I HAVE researched Bulbapedia and serebii to an extent, so I do know some things.

You better watch the episodes rather than count on Bulbapedia

It was responsible for getting Nuzleaf back to it's parents, plus, it's almost a role model for Happiny.

It didn't do anything related to Happy
And that still isn't enough - Brock shouldn't get more than his 3 Poké

People were complaining about repetitive plots and other things like the trade. If they knew better, there shouldn't be ANY complaints.

People are stupid and complain about anything
Not the writers
The trade was a good thing whether you like it or not - it's a fresh new idea that wasn't used before (two main characters trade Poké) and also helped to showcase trades in a better light (until now the main characters saw that as a neccesarily bad thing but now they learned trades can sometimes help the Poké) and was a new way for Ash to get a Poké (Chimchar was a new way too)

I did watch the first season, much of the Johto season, and I researched "Breeders" on bulbapedia. In fact, they agree with my opinion far more than it does to yours.

I don't care about fan sites
Watch the show - Brock and other Breeders -like him who call themselves "Pokémon Breeder"- have NOTHING to do with eggs
Like it or not so it is and I'm not going to reply about this breeder thing again

Hey, I don't think people being portrayed as idiots is even remotely funny.

That scene was a funny scene that is supposed to be funny and that most people other than you find funny or at least understand the fact it's supposed to be funny and not to be taked seriously

You better watch the episodes rather than count on Bulbapedia

I'm on Boycott, and even IF I wasn't, I can't watch them since I don't have Cartoon Network anymore. Besides, most people are saying it's better than Wikipedia, anyways.

That scene was a funny scene that is supposed to be funny and that most people other than you find funny or at least understand the fact it's supposed to be funny and not to be taked seriously

really? Most people seem to use those things to prove that Ash, May, Dawn, and even Brock are stupid (have you seen how many "remove Ash, Brock, and Team Rocket threads and posts are being made?!), and thus why they shouldn't have been made. I really don't understand how you seem blind to that. Besides, should we laugh at... oh... I don't know, someone getting robbed, or someone being tricked in a money scam? or at how a mentally challenged person is fooled easily? because how you and, if this were actually true, most people react to the scenes in question, I'd say that you might think those very sad things in real life are funny as well.

no offense, but as you are obviously too arrogant to even use your head, I won't argue about the Breeder stuff anymore.

Also, since BMGf is a fansite, then, since you don't care for fansites, it's hypocritical for you to even be on here. If I were you, then I'd suggest you follow your beliefs, and never come on here again. I mean, if you don't care for fansites, don't post on them, period.

I can somehow see Lucario becoming the new Milotic, a.k.a. the Pokemon Game Freak/the anime producers have a massive hard-on for and thus will showcase it any opportunity they can get.

I'm on Boycott, and even IF I wasn't, I can't watch them since I don't have Cartoon Network anymore. Besides, most people are saying it's better than Wikipedia, anyways.

It's more comprehensive than Wikipedia because much of the material on Bulbapedia has serious notability issues on Wikipedia. An old joke about Wikipedia is how they seemed to think that Pokemon was more important than world history, and they seemed to have cut a lot of the articles in response.

really? Most people seem to use those things to prove that Ash, May, Dawn, and even Brock are stupid (have you seen how many "remove Ash, Brock, and Team Rocket threads and posts are being made?!), and thus why they shouldn't have been made. I really don't understand how you seem blind to that. Besides, should we laugh at... oh... I don't know, someone getting robbed, or someone being tricked in a money scam? or at how a mentally challenged person is fooled easily? because how you and, if this were actually true, most people react to the scenes in question, I'd say that you might think those very sad things in real life are funny as well.

IT'S. A. FREAKING. FICTIONAL. WORK!!! IT'S. NOT. REAL. LIFE!!! Your robbery analogy fails because cartoons play that kind of thing for laughs. And seriously, are people so f***ing stupid that just because they saw a robbery scene played for laughs in a cartoon melodrama they will laugh at the real event? Most people have an innate sense of discerning between fiction and reality, something you apparently fail to possess.

Also, since BMGf is a fansite, then, since you don't care for fansites, it's hypocritical for you to even be on here. If I were you, then I'd suggest you follow your beliefs, and never come on here again. I mean, if you don't care for fansites, don't post on them, period.

This coming from the person that is going through a self-proclaimed U.S. American Global Boycott of Pokemon and posting on Pokemon-related sites nonetheless.

I'm dreadfully sorry. I really did not wish to reply to you, but your post was just so Godawfully idiotic that I couldn't control myself. And I know that people are naturally inclined to listen to someone who isn't pissing off at others, but *see second half of second sentence*.

IT'S. A. FREAKING. FICTIONAL. WORK!!! IT'S. NOT. REAL. LIFE!!! Your robbery analogy fails because cartoons play that kind of thing for laughs. And seriously, are people so f***ing stupid that just because they saw a robbery scene played for laughs in a cartoon melodrama they will laugh at the real event? Most people have an innate sense of discerning between fiction and reality, something you apparently fail to possess.

Considering how some people give complaints about making some very sad incidents a laughing matter, and how characters such as Jynx and Mr. Popo are getting wiped/having their appearances changed since someone thought that they were a racial stereotype, yes, they WOULD be "stupid" in that sense. Heck, The Three Stooges got a lot of grief for a episode in their series where Moe was playing Adolf Hitler (as Moe was Jewish, the Jewish fanbase didn't find that funny.).

This coming from the person that is going through a self-proclaimed U.S. American Global Boycott of Pokemon and posting on Pokemon-related sites nonetheless.

Ok, first off, it's a global boycott, It wasn't limited to America only. Heck, I have gotten two foreign exchange students from Wales and Norway to try and bring back Misty, and I sent them an email in regards to this.

Secondly, you have absolutely no right to do that sort of thing. Would you like it if I did a similar thing to you? No? then don't do that.

I'm dreadfully sorry. I really did not wish to reply to you, but your post was just so Godawfully idiotic that I couldn't control myself. And I know that people are naturally inclined to listen to someone who isn't pissing off at others, but *see second half of second sentence*.

Here's an idea, sign off Bulbapedia, BMGf, Pokecommunity, amd SPPf, delete your password, delete your username, and block those sites. That way, you won't deal with me anymore. And anyways, it's your own fault that you even delt with me (If I recall correctly, our feud started from a little PM I gave to you on SPPf, and that PM was because of a very insulting response you gave in regards to us. Free speech or not, Flaming people was not allowed on that site.).

Anyways, I don't recall people instigating flamewars and cussing people even if they turned out to be right as being intelligent.

Now, I suggest you leave this place if you don't want to deal with me, this time for good.

hey, maybe they've planned to have that trade from the start?

I seriously doubt the trade was planned from the start, if they'd intended for Ash to have Buizel from the start he would've been the one to catch it, and the same goes with Dawn and Aipom. And as for saying they needed to do it to showcase trades in a positive light, they already HAVE been. Remember Lickitung and Wobbuffet, everyone? The DP trade was unneeded and unwanted.

Trades are an integral part of acquiring more Pokémon in the games, so why on earth should they be shown in a bad light?

Hmm, I don't know...maybe because games=/=anime?

And if a trade puts one of the Pokemon involved into a bad situation where it will get shafted continuously and never reach its full potential due to its new trainer's incompetence *coughDawnandAmbipomcough*, then YES, the trade deserves to be shown in a bad light.

Last edited:
Considering how some people give complaints about making some very sad incidents a laughing matter, and how characters such as Jynx and Mr. Popo are getting wiped/having their appearances changed since someone thought that they were a racial stereotype, yes, they WOULD be "stupid" in that sense. Heck, The Three Stooges got a lot of grief for a episode in their series where Moe was playing Adolf Hitler (as Moe was Jewish, the Jewish fanbase didn't find that funny.).

How do you get through life with the mindset of taking offense at virtually everything? Many of our Canadian national jokes involve poking fun at ourselves. Are we anti-Canadian for that? Of course not. Comedy thrives on making almost any situation humourous (within reasonable limits, of course), and the audience laughs because they know it's not real, but the essence of the absurdity of life gets through. And notice the correlation in extremity between your examples and Piplup's original point. This kind of implies that you take offense at the tiniest thing, which isn't a healthy attitude to live by.

Ok, first off, it's a global boycott, It wasn't limited to America only. Heck, I have gotten two foreign exchange students from Wales and Norway to try and bring back Misty, and I sent them an email in regards to this.

Secondly, you have absolutely no right to do that sort of thing. Would you like it if I did a similar thing to you? No? then don't do that.

Here's an idea, sign off Bulbapedia, BMGf, Pokecommunity, amd SPPf, delete your password, delete your username, and block those sites. That way, you won't deal with me anymore. And anyways, it's your own fault that you even delt with me (If I recall correctly, our feud started from a little PM I gave to you on SPPf, and that PM was because of a very insulting response you gave in regards to us. Free speech or not, Flaming people was not allowed on that site.).

Anyways, I don't recall people instigating flamewars and cussing people even if they turned out to be right as being intelligent.

Now, I suggest you leave this place if you don't want to deal with me, this time for good.

This I don't want to bother dealing with on this topic, so I'll just put it on your userpage. And I will try to be polite, because otherwise people only understand my incisive rhetoric and not the meat of that rhetoric.

Since Ash doesn't have any room in his team (and he will keep Gliscor on his team), it leaves Dawn and Brock. I should say Dawn gets it, since Dawn needs a more stable powerhouse. Sure, Piplup and Ambipom are good, but Rilou would help Dawn in Contests, with a wide range of moves...

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom