• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP126: Miss Suzuna of the Trainers' School!

Re: DP 126 "Teacher Suzuna of the Trainers' School!" Preview Thread

Not surprised to see Zoey. But I sense another shipping stir with Zoey and Candice. She also looks slightly younger than I thought she was--like Zoey and Candice are only a year or two apart.

*Cue the return of the Lesiban Zoey theory!

Looks like an ok ep, but we've seen trainers schools before. This time we have no Max, so I wonder what'll happen? Zoey backstory?

Zoey.

Zoey.

ZOEY.

Sounds to me like this episode is going to pretty much be all Zoey, which is something I thought we dispensed of around the time of Throwing the Track Switch!

God, having Barry there would have been so much better, despite being random. Kenny even. Neither of them have been given half the focus Zoey already got.

Zoey said her hometown was Snowpoint city in an earlier episode, so the writers are following up on continuity.

Zoey.

Zoey.

ZOEY.

Sounds to me like this episode is going to pretty much be all Zoey, which is something I thought we dispensed of around the time of Throwing the Track Switch!

God, having Barry there would have been so much better, despite being random. Kenny even. Neither of them have been given half the focus Zoey already got.

It has been a while since we've seen Zoey though. And at least we can all find some common ground with irrational Zoey hate. Ah, those days.

If you really count their episodes, Barry and Zoey currently have a mere 1 episode difference between each other.

If anything Zoey has actually been occurring in less of a rate than Barry. Barry appeared very late into the series, but he's had a lot of consecutive episodes recently.

Besides, she hasn't been seen since Playing The Leveling Field, at least 33 episodes ago.

There is. She appeared in Snowpoint in Platinum.

To do what?

Aside from just an out-of-gym cameo, there was really no other point to Maylene appearing in Snowpoint in Platinum. Hence no actual reason to shoehorn her in an anime episode for the heck of it.

Unless you're the kind that's interested in seeing a barefoot girl in snow.

Anyway, Zoey and Candice know each other. It's nice to see how anime exclusive side characters know game characters. Similar to how Kenny and Barry are best buds.

Haha cute.
They're probably good friends; Nozomi IS from Kisaki City after all x]

Maybe this episode will finally explain why Zoey had a grudge against people who did both Gyms and Contests?

It was a bizarre plotline that never really got explained, so maybe having a Gym leader for a friend has to do with it?

Maybe this episode will finally explain why Zoey had a grudge against people who did both Gyms and Contests?

It was a bizarre plotline that never really got explained, so maybe having a Gym leader for a friend has to do with it?

My guess is that plotline was dropped. Just like the GS ball. I would be honestly surprised if they actually go back and do something about it.

DP126_Preview2.jpg

This episode just keeps getting better.

I agree with whoever said this would be an "The Ultimate Test" remake. Checking Bulbapedia I see both episodes have the same writer, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case. (I certainly wouldn't complain as I really liked that episode)

Candice is looking pretty funny, I was wondering what they were going to do with her.

It's a shame Candice is only getting 2 episodes, unless she sticks around for the Brandon eps.

DP126_Preview2.jpg

This episode just keeps getting better.

I agree with whoever said this would be an "The Ultimate Test" remake. Checking Bulbapedia I see both episodes have the same writer, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case. (I certainly wouldn't complain as I really liked that episode)
So then this why People never come out of Snowpoint straight. Candice keeps on controlling or taking their souls completely and turns them into mindless lesbians. XD
Wait wrong show. Whoops.
Uh yes this episode seems to be great cannot wait. Okay what the hell was up with that preview. It sounded so sad and calm and all.

Is it just me or does the episode look strikingly similar to that Pokemon exam episode way back in Kanto. Guess, it isn't a complete remake of the Roxanne school ep.

Unless you're the kind that's interested in seeing a barefoot girl in snow.
Seen that before - very overrated. =P

So, I'm a bit out of my usual territory here - I don't post in a preview topic for a Japanese episode very often. Funny thing is, I was wondering when we'd next see Zoey, since the raw's just had Kenny and Barry while the dub's recently had Paul.

Also, crazy lesbian Candice looks epic.

Ahaha the new trailer on tv tokyo is great. I wanna know something though. Anyone who saw it think that dawn will ask ash why he knows what a Cyndaquil is? I'm just throwing things out there like that cause a Cyndaquil pops up and it seems like ash knows the answer and well answers. If he does answer I will be shocked as I doubt new people know about his old teams. Now I will go to shoot myself for saying all this. *self shot*

Also, crazy lesbian Candice looks epic.

Agreed, Candice is going to be the best part of this episode. I'm really happy she seems to have such a great personality.

Last edited:

Yeah I know its hilarious. She is like with a glint in her eyes that makes her look like she can make other women pregnant.

Suzuna, yay! :3

I have to ask - what evidence is making people think that this is a remake of that Kanto ep?

ETA: Ignore the last question ^^" I just watched the full preview. And can I say how pleased I am to see Habu out of its ball again!

Haha, Suzuna is a lesbo. xD

Watch out Hikari, you have both Nozomi AND Suzuna after you. *stabbed* Seriously, this episode seems epic as well as the rest of the Snowpoint-centric episodes.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom