• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP126: Miss Suzuna of the Trainers' School!

PKMN_Veteran

Since 97'
Reaction score
DP126"Teacher Suzuna of the Trainers' School!"

[bp=DP126]Bulbapedia link[/bp]

- Nozomi and her Nyarmar are seen battling some Ice-type moves with Shadow
- Yukinooh and Suzuna are seen
- Suzuna and Nozomi seem to be good friends with each other

Airs May 7 at 19:00 JST on TV Tokyo.

Last edited:
Re: DP 126 "Teacher Suzuna of the Trainers' School!" Preview Thread

- Suzuna and Nozomi seen to be good friends with each other

*snicker*

DP125_Preview.jpg

I usually wouldn't bother posting a glitchy image like this, but I just had to this time.

I also saw Kojiro in the preview for a second. Nice to see him get a bit more screentime.

It's nice to see Zoey again after so much time
Her Last appearance was DP 93 (Fantina's first ep) and she barely did there anything
I hope she'll stay for a few episodes and hopefully we learn more about her as happened with Paul in Veilstone (only this time Zoey is actually there too)

That (awfully glitchy) picture is ADORABLE.

Suzuna looks really, really cute. x3

Yay Nozomi! Her being friends with Suzu reminds me of Jun and Kengo. The writers really have this "best friends" theme going on, don't they? :p

What happened to the Trainers School?

We also see Candice pat Glameow
I wonder what exactly her connection to Zoey is - I guess it could be that Zoey learned at the school and had Candice as her teacher... but they seem closer than what a teacher/student would be

I really hope Zoey stay with the group for a few episodes... it was ridiculous they didn't let her do that in previous cases when she was heading for the same place as the twerps (they used such stupid excuses like she hurt her leg or she'll stay to catch a water type) I think it could be great to have a rival stay with the group for a few episodes (5 and even more) especially when we have friendly rivals like Zoey/Barry/Kenny

It could also be interesting to see Zoey in episodes that aren't Contest-related like the J/Galactic eps

We also see Candice pat Glameow
I wonder what exactly her connection to Zoey is - I guess it could be that Zoey learned at the school and had Candice as her teacher... but they seem closer than what a teacher/student would be
Actually, it's confirmed Zoey was a former student in that school.

I really hope Zoey stay with the group for a few episodes... it was ridiculous they didn't let her do that in previous cases when she was heading for the same place as the twerps (they used such stupid excuses like she hurt her leg or she'll stay to catch a water type) I think it could be great to have a rival stay with the group for a few episodes (5 and even more) especially when we have friendly rivals like Zoey/Barry/Kenny

It could also be interesting to see Zoey in episodes that aren't Contest-related like the J/Galactic eps
She isn't there for those eps as can be seen from the preview clips. Anyway, they shouldn't have a character there just for the sake of being there. She probably would do squat.

Actually, it's confirmed Zoey was a former student in that school.

Someone translated the summary? I'd like to see it

She isn't there for those eps as can be seen from the preview clips.

Who knows? she could just not be in these scenes
But yeah I know it's unlikely...

Anyway, they shouldn't have a character there just for the sake of being there. She probably would do squat.

Why? She can help against J/Galactic, she can have some more interactions with Dawn, she can show off her neglected Pokémon, she can help Dawn train, she can be funny if they want, she can be used instead of "filler charcters" in some cases and more...
I'm sure they can find a way
Also, the excuse of "she won't do anything" won't work... since you know, Brock is there

Also, the excuse of "she won't do anything" won't work... since you know, Brock is there

Brock can be excused since he is in every episode. However, Zoey only appears for a handful of episodes so each episode she appears in has to count in some way. The J eps are already crammed with Brandon, J, 'Gigas and Paul.

Why? She can help against J/Galactic, she can have some more interactions with Dawn, she can show off her neglected Pokémon, she can help Dawn train, she can be funny if they want, she can be used instead of "filler charcters" in some cases and more...
I'm sure they can find a way
You know just because Jun travels a bit with them doesn't mean Zoey should. He does because they have same destinations and such and kind of wants to see ash in action a lot. Also Jun is way more cooler then Zoey. And Brock is there for comic relief and cooking. So you know what? Drop it. Zoey will not nor will she ever travel with the group cause ash and his rivalries seem more important this time around. Good to cause Hoenn was crap when it came to that for ash.

As others are pointing out, the episodes after the Gym are already packed with people, having Zoey there would just be redundant.

And, Zoey is a pretty dull character anyway.

Some better images here

And this one does, in fact, show Candice wearing her sweater. Yes, she does have a use for it. =O

I just said I'd like to see Zoey stay for a few episodes - I never said it'll happen
I wanted her to do so long before Barry came... it was completely stupid in DP34 and DP 41 that she didn't go with the twerps (stay to catch water type, hurt her leg) despite the fact they all go to Hearthome for the same thing - the Contest
I just find it stupid and think they should have had her join for a few episodes... you don't have to continue this discussion if you don't want to...

i guess it makes sense that Zoey appears, because we all know that she is actually from Snowpoint City, so make her appear in her hometown seems to be pretty normal...:)

Why Zoie?

Why not Maylyne like in platinum decides the fact Zoie comes from Snowpiont

Why Zoie?

Why not Maylyne like in platinum decides the fact Zoie comes from Snowpiont

1): Cuz Zoey lives in Snowpoint, and she hasn't appeared in over 30 episodes.
2): There is no reason why Maylene SHOULD be there.
3): Because Zoey being there is better than another episode-of-the-day character.

2): There is no reason why Maylene SHOULD be there.

There is. She appeared in Snowpoint in Platinum.

But since we already know Candice's team in the anime, it's pretty safe to say that the writers are currently pissing on Platinum. It may change in possible Battle Frontier arc.

Interesting. Abomasnow looks a bit smaller than I expected (Avg height: 7'3"). That aside, it's great to see Zoey again. And being good friends with Candice, no less.

Aww, damn! And I prayed so hard that Nozomi wouldn't turn up! :p

Oh well, Suzuna looks fun at least!

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom