• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP142: The Worst Togepy Ever!

Re: DP 142 "The Worst Togepy Ever!" Preview Thread

Didn't we have closure on this back when Buneary first crushed on Pikachu, back in DP9 or whatever it was? :p
But was her gender ever confirmed? :p I can't remember now...

Anyway, I'm glad this Togepi is so butt-kicking. This show doesn't have enough STRONG WOMEN!!! >D

Gender confirmation!

*laugh at anyone who tried to deny Pika is male despite how they made it very obvious*
But just like the HUGE proof of Buneary, expect people to ignore it and continue their denial anyway

:eek: So it's for real! PIKACHU IS A GUY!!

And you know, PIKACHU IS YELLOW!!

pretty sure piplup is a male after the marill episode

They clearly said Pip is male and Marill is female so there's no doubt here

YAY for the original series being forgotten.

What? When exactly did they ever say Pika is female or give a serious hint to that?

(haha, very unlikely...the anime would never make a MANGA ref, now would they?)

In one ep the twerps watched a movie about Red and Clefairy from that Pocket Monsters manga... so it wasn't Adventures/Special but it's still one of the Poké mangas (and actually the first one, I think)
I don't like it when people say "manga" like there's only one manga...

I kinda wanted to believe that buneary was a really girly boy, or a lesbian

It's a cartoon for kids
They make it very obvious who's the male and who's the female every time we see Poké in love
The bunny is obviously a girly girl just like its trainer

togepi might be using charm and not attract, it's a possibility.

I don't think Charm cause the opponent to get in love like that...
Also, Attract is definitely a yellow heart at least from the beginning of DP (see Cheryl's Chansey, MD2's Gabite)

Buneary's crush should have been a massive giveaway. Don't know why people still made an effort to deny it. =/

I also don't get why some people ignore the obvious and force themselves to believe in something that is obviously not right
Write your fanfics, don't turn the real show into your fanfic

But was her gender ever confirmed? :p I can't remember now...

When we see Poké in love they ALWAYS make it obvious who's male and who's female
It was crazy to even try to say the bunny was a male

Piplup, there's no need to get so het up about this :p

Is it me, or does Anime!Attract completely incapacitate the target, making it pretty close to an "I win" button?

Actually, this kind of creeps me out--Togepi's a baby Pokemon, and it's using Attract...I know it's completely legit game-wise, but it still strikes me as...unsettling.

Edit: Actually, there's something hilarious about Pikachu and Piplup having heart-eyes while still staring in shock.

Last edited:

Lawdy, Pikachu's gender is finally confirmed.

BADASS FEMALE POKEMON ARE EPIC. Rawr, there should be a Evil Togepi club.

Anyone got screens of the TR Mount Rushmore from the Pokemon Sunday preview? Or the other shots of Jigsaw!Giovanni?

What? When exactly did they ever say Pika is female or give a serious hint to that?

Well Misty would sometimes dress it up as a girl and it liked perfume in Pokemon scentsation.

Is it me, or does Anime!Attract completely incapacitate the target, making it pretty close to an "I win" button?

When Ambi was "in love" with Delcatty (well, it was due to Cute Charm and not Attract but whatever) it still sometimes attacked Delcatty
So it's more or less the same as in the games - sometimes it'll attack and sometimes not

Togepi's a baby Pokemon,

Togepi isn't "baby" (which is a TCG term referring to Poké who are previous form of an older gen Poké, which was made as a solution to Pikachu being Basic and not Stage 1, etc...)
Also, even Poké who are "baby" can easily be 3463 years old for all we know
It's not like Poké randomly evolve at a certain age...
So there's not really any reason to think this specific Togepi is a "baby"... Misty's was baby (by real meaning of baby, not the TCG) since we saw it hatch from its egg and often acted like a baby too

Well Misty would sometimes dress it up as a girl

And Pika didn't like the idea at all, which suggest it's male

it liked perfume in Pokemon scentsation.

Didn't Brock like it too? I think Ash was the only one who didn't like it
It's not like liking the smell of a perfume makes you a female

Didn't Brock like it too? I think Ash was the only one who didn't like it
It's not like liking the smell of a perfume makes you a female

I think he liked it because he just waned to be with the girls

I think he liked it because he just waned to be with the girls

Well, it's been years since I last watched this ep so I'm not sure... but I think Brock did honestly like it
Again, liking a smell of a perfume doesn't turn one into a female

Lawdy, Pikachu's gender is finally confirmed.

BADASS FEMALE POKEMON ARE EPIC. Rawr, there should be a Evil Togepi club.

That is, assuming Attract still follows the principle of opposite genders in the anime as well.
If that was the case, then Pachirisu is also likely to be Male (as it also fell with the Attract in DP138 with Piplup). Still, I really cannot see that thing being female.

When Ambi was "in love" with Delcatty (well, it was due to Cute Charm and not Attract but whatever) it still sometimes attacked Delcatty
So it's more or less the same as in the games - sometimes it'll attack and sometimes not
Forgot about that one. Point retracted.

Togepi isn't "baby" (which is a TCG term referring to Poké who are previous form of an older gen Poké, which was made as a solution to Pikachu being Basic and not Stage 1, etc...)
Also, even Poké who are "baby" can easily be 3463 years old for all we know
It's not like Poké randomly evolve at a certain age...
Well, what I mean is it's one of those that can't breed while a Togepi, but can after evolving. I've always thought of those as baby Pokemon, though I suppose that's just fanon on my part, though it still seems abit weird to me.

Last edited:

That is, assuming Attract still follows the principle of opposite genders in the anime as well.
If that was the case, then Pachirisu is also likely to be Male (as it also fell with the Attract in DP138 with Piplup). Still, I really cannot see that thing being female.

221.jpg

I feel something fishy about it...

Mamoswine also used a pom pom, I think Dawn forced all her pokemon into cheerleading regardless of gender.

This might also mean pachiresu is also male (because it has the same gender difference of one)

It just means Dawn's inconsiderate :\

This looks like a funny kind of episode.

A male getting in love with another male? in a cartoon for kids? no
Seriously, it's just denial now
Attract is the same as it is in the games

If that was the case, then Pachirisu is also likely to be Male (as it also fell with the Attract in DP138 with Piplup).

It was pretty obvious Glameow/Umbreon are females while Pip/Pachi are male

Still, I really cannot see that thing being female.

Females can be just as evils as males can

I feel something fishy about it...

Not really, they clearly said Pip is a male
Dawn simply let all her Poké wear this cheerleading outfit
In DP39 all the females (Aipom, Happiny, Buneary) wore a dress and danced, Pip and Pachi didn't

The only one left is mamoswine, who I think is female because her tusks seems smaller then the one in the Giratina movie

What time does this episode air in Japan? Like, Japan time. So i can figure out when that is in my own time. :)

It airs at 3am for us Paranoia.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom