• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Famous Japanese voice actors on Pokemon (Not Opinion Based)

ehh123

Reaction score
Some people are taking note that Mamoru Miyano, the voice actor for Tamaki in "Ouran" and Takuto in "Star Driver", is playing Dent, one of Ash's new traveling partner. I decided to check out the other two famous Japanese voice actors I know:

Masaya Onosaka, voice of Vash the Stampede and France for "Hetalia", did a character called Masaki Sonezaki (Bill in English).

Kōichi Yamadera, who is best known for Spike Spiegel and Ryōji Kaji for "Evangelion, has done various roles for the anime over the years including, out of all things, Mew. Then again, Kōichi is also the Japanese voice of Donald Duck. :lol:

Anyone else know any well known Japanese voice actors that have contributed to Pokemon?

Before anyone gets mad, I have checked the rules. This is facts about voice actors, not if they are good or not.

I can't believe you forgot about Megumi Hayashibara (Musashi), who's the most famous female voice actor in Japan. She played such roles as Lina Inverse from Slayers, female Ranma Saotome from Ranma½, Rei Ayanami from Neon Genesis Evangelion, Faye Valentine from Cowboy Bepop, Ai from Video Girl Ai and MANY more. Here's the full list: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=391

And there's also just as famous Shin'ichirō Miki (Kojirō). He played the role of Lockon Stratos from Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Kisuke Urahara from Bleach, Roy Mustang from Fullmetal Alchemist, Tsuzuki Asato from Yami no Matsuei (aka Descendants of Darkness), Kurz Weber from Full Metal Panic!, etc. He's very active in yaoi and shōnen-ai productions XD Here's the full list: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=659

My knowledge of this kind of stuff is limited, OK? :sweat: Anyway, I heard that Megumi Hayashibara was better known for playing cheerful and upbeat characters and that she was going against typecasting when she played the stoic Rei. ;-)

Last edited:
The actress who played Goku, Guilmon, and one of the Doraemon, among others, voices Pokabu irc, and also did Elekid, as well as the Hoenn League character Masamune, who incidentally was voiced by Goku's English VA in the dub.

I know Mamoru Miyano more for Ling Yao in Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, and Kida in Durarara (And he uses Kida's voice too!).

Shin'ichirō Miki has already been mentioned, but then there's Iemasa Kayumi (Professor Rowan), who also plays Father in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (When I found out...boy did I have fun xD).

Looking through ANN's list... Norio Wakamoto, Rie Kugimiya, Romi Park, Rie Tanaka, Aya Endo, Jun Fukuyama, Nana Mizuki among others that I recognize... wow.

Also recently, Ichigo's and Tidus' VA (Masakazu Morita) played Pod.

Looking through ANN's list... Norio Wakamoto, Rie Kugimiya, Romi Park, Rie Tanaka, Aya Endo, Jun Fukuyama, Nana Mizuki among others that I recognize... wow.

Also recently, Ichigo's and Tidus' VA (Masakazu Morita) played Pod.

When I saw Romi Park, I just had to look it up. She'll be known more recently for voicing Zoroark. I couldn't find any mention of Rie Kaguimiya (Shame, she plays Shana), who did she play?

Romi Park voiced Forrest.

Rie Kugimiya is that witch in the Ashachu episode.

Romi Park voicing Zoroark, the ILLUSION Pokémon, I think incredibly ironic, considering she voices Toshiro Hitsuguya in Bleach...and y'know...

Isn`t Rica Matsumoto famous enough? : D Pokémon would be nothing without her~

Nice plus one >>

To elaborate, Wasabi Mizuta voices Ash's Pokabu, who voices Doraemon. Also, she provides the Japanese dub voices of TJ from Recess and GIR in Invader Zim.

Masako Nozawa voiced Goku, Guilmon, Gohan et al. However, she did voice Masamune.

Ah, my mistake. I heard that Pokabu was being done by a VA of Doraemon, and for some reason I assumed it was Nozawa (who was Doraemon in the older series) since I recalled her doing work for the series a few times.

Does Takeshi Kaga count? He's only done, to my knowledge, two voice roles, but one of them was Jirarudan in the second movie (the other being Golbez in FFIV). Although you may know him as Light's father in the live-action Death Note movies or the Chairman from Iron Chef. Also he's done a buttload of stage work.

I'm pretty sure that Kazuya Nakai is pretty famous among anime VAs. Considering he is the voice of Roronoa Zoro on One Piece, Mugen on Samurai Champloo, a lot more, I'm pretty sure that he is well known enough to land a few CotD and Nando/Naoshi.

There's Konishi Katsuyuki too, who does various voices in the anime, who also did Kamina from Gurren Lagann, Komui Lee from D.Gray-man, etc.

Don't forget Takeshi's seiyuu Yuji Ueda.

He did, ironically the voice of Keitaro Urushima in Love Hina ( damn, why did weedle leave? this would be a worthy bait for him xD ) and Numberman + Yamitarou Higure from Rockman.exe who was a total nerd who never got lucky in love ( as far as I remember ).

Satoshi's seiyuu Rica Matsumoto who did Bakura from YuGiOh. Sadly she didn't do the possesed Satoshi during the late AG series. A lost opportunity if you ask me.

Both are not that famous but their seiyuus are always good for useless trivia.

Kotono Mitsuishi, the voice of Sailor Moon lead, the lead character of Excel Saga and has played many other characters... Very well known actress.,,

In pokemon, she played Ditto and Domino from Mewtwo Returns.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom