• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite ground or rock type?

Rock: Rampardos and Lunatone

Ground: Diglett. I really don't like Dugtrio though since I don't like Pokémon with multiple heads.

Rock: Gotta be Tyrantrum. I'm really digging that Rock Head aided Head Smash with Dragon Dance support.

Ground: Tough one, but I'll go with Torterra. I love how all of its four weaknesses are covered by a single Rock type move.

Ground-type: Excadrill. That Mon is a mon-star! *shot for bad reference joke* But seriously, Excadrill has been my favorite Ground-type since it was introduced. While the Steel-type was not high on my list, my old Drillbit saved my hide many times in my first White playthrough, which allowed me the chance to appreciate Steel more, as the only other Steel Mon I have used is Lucario. But Excadrill wins for best Ground-type for me.

As for Rock-type, that will have to go to the Tirtouga family. Finally, a Fossil Mon that really has a lot going for it. Not only was it a cute sea turtle, but it could be a beast. With my usual setups, it had Sturdy for an ability, Shell Smash, Rock Slide, Surf, and Earthquake, and that turtle would disembowel anything that got in my way. He was an awesome addition.

Ground: Excadrill, Claydol, Krookodile, and Gliscor

Rock: Tyranitar, Aggron, Aurorus, and Lunatone

For Ground type, I have no idea, but for Rock type, it has to be Sudowoodo. I love that guy. One of the only members of my party that I remember from playing Silver on my Game Boy Color when I was a little kid. Even today, playing Silver all over again, Sudowoodo really does slay. I guess I just like the idea of a Pokemon that looks like a tree but is actually petrified wood, making it a rock. His face, his little shimmy that he does, it was all so memorable to me as a kid.

Ground: Nidoking, Swampert, Gliscor, Groudon
Rock: Tyranitar, Tyrantrum, Terrakion, Carracosta
Rock and Ground: Golem

Favorite Ground-type goes to Numel. Since Charizard is my favorite Fire-type, Numel's secondary typing has pushed him as being my favorite of all Ground-types! He's just so dim-witted and adorable! I love his cry, too!

Favorite Rock-type? Tyrantrum was a big favorite until a new contender just walked into town- Rockruff! Puppy! =3

Rock: Rampardos, because it's a cool looking dinosaur that also looks a bit dorky, I love it.

Ground: Good old Marowak still wins this one.

Rock: Either Tyrantrum or Cradily. Both are really cool and unique.

Ground: Probably Mega Camerupt! Love that shaggy camel. Krookodile is awesome too though.

Rock: Rockruff and Diancie. Rockruff being a new-found love, still super-cute and I'm hoping we see loots of it in Sun & Moon (we're supposed to, apparently!), and Diancie's my second favourite Pokémon (behind Magearna) so yee! Honorable mentions to all the Fossil Pokémon (I love them all aaa).

Ground: Krookodile, Gliscor, and Marowak. All really cool Pokémon <3

Favorite Ground: Swampert, runners up: Nidoking and Flygon
Favorite Rock: Aggron, runners up: Tyranitar and Aurorus (though Rockruff is likely to make it up here, from the looks of it <3 )

My favourite ground type is Swampert, who was rather useful when playing through Alpha Sapphire. I like the bare minimum weaknesses and the ground typing, which makes it rather useful for using Earthquake.

Favourite Ground type
Krookodile
latest

Really awesome Pokémon. Became one of my favourites when I caught a Sandile to defeat Elesa in White, which I ended up loving so much that I kept it on my team, where it eventually evolved into the magnificent Krookodile. Ended up becoming one of my most cherished mons, and I still have her (currently in Sun version).

Favourite Rock type
Midnight Lycanroc
latest

Has been a favourite of mine ever since it's reveal. Love it's design and inspiration (werewolves ftw!). I've explained a heap of times on here why I like it, so that's all I'll say.

Honerable Mentions
Ground: Onix and Steelix
Rock: Tyranitar, Aggron, and Gigalith

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom