• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Pokemon Type(s)

Which type or types do you favor?

• Grass

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • Fire

Votes: 48 27.6%
  • Water

Votes: 53 30.5%
  • Normal

Votes: 10 5.7%
  • Electric

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • Fighting

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • Psychic

Votes: 41 23.6%
  • Flying

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • Ground

Votes: 15 8.6%
  • Bug

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Poison

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • Rock

Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Steel

Votes: 31 17.8%
  • Dark

Votes: 49 28.2%
  • Ice

Votes: 40 23.0%
  • Ghost

Votes: 38 21.8%
  • Dragon

Votes: 47 27.0%

• Total voters
1. Fire - Charizard, Arcanine, Ninetales, Flareon, Magmar, Typhlosion
2. Electric - Raichu, Magneton, Electrode, Jolteon, Electabuzz, Rotom
3. Psychic - Hypno, Mr. Mime, Jynx, Espeon, Slowking
4. Flying - Pidgeot, Noctowl, Dodrio, Skarmory, Fearow
5. Dark - Umbreon, Houndoom, Mightyena, Honchkrow, Skuntank

Fire rules! I also like Dark, Dragon, Flying, Electric, Fighting and Psychic.
My Gym team would be fire and last leader or even Elite Four.
Infernape
Close combat, Fire Punch, Thunderpunch, Flare Blitz
Chandelure
Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, Confuse Ray, Flame Burst
Charizard
Wing Attack, Fire Blast, Dragon Claw, Scary Face
Zen mode Darmanitan
Psychic, Superpower, Overheat, Fame Charge
Blaziken
Blaze Kick, Flamethrower, Sky Uppercut, Brave Bird
Volcarona
Fiery Dance, Hurricane, Flamethrower, Sunny Day

Fighting, Steel, and Dark maybe? Very hard to pick favorites in anything Pokemon for me.

Dragon, Steel, and Ice. Well, its rather hard to choose because I like many of the Pokemon types, except maybe bug.

I fell in love with dragon - type Pokemon after having to deal with Lance's three Dragonites in the original Silver. That was not cool. I love ice because it has the type advantage against dragon. You can see that I have a totally love - hate thing towards dragon - type Pokemon.

And steel because the couple of steel Pokemon featured in Gen III were pretty amazing. Basically the bunch that's featured in Steven's team.

Poison and water. Oftentimes I find myself unknowingly forming a team with nothing but these types.

I've always loved Psychic and realized how awesome Ice types are. But if I had raised Pokemon of my preferred type (Psychic more than Ice), my team would be...
Gardevoir
Espeon
Wobbuffet (I love that blob)
Gallade
Metagross
Mime Jr. (it's adorable! I'd use it for contests!)

Ghost:Gengar, Haunter, Dusclops, Dusknoir, Mismagius, Sableye
Psychic:Alakazam, Hypno, Espeon, Claydol, Mr. Mime, Exeggutor
Poison:Venomoth, Weezing, Arbok, Crobat, Drapion, Nidoking
Dark:Houndoom, Absol, Murkrow, Honchkrow, Umbreon, Krookidile

I could have picked others but there was so many!

Psychic: Jirachi, Espeon and Gardevoir
Ice: Cryogonal, Vanilluxe and Glaceon
Ghost: Chandelure, Mismagius and Froslass
Grass: Serperior, Leavanny and Sawsbuck
Water: Empoleon, Kyogre and Frillish

Poison, it is the only type that has not been tainted by having a legendary (I hate legendaries D:< ). ;D I also love Normal, Fire and Dark, but less than Poison.

Water(and Ice. Game Freak should have just combined them. Same with Rock, Ground, and Steel. Just call it "Earth" type). I don't know if it's because of my star sign, Pisces, or what; but I've always been drawn to water(whether it's liquid, solid, or gas).

Close seconds are Ghost and Poison. I used to like Dark a lot too, but Game Freak can't make up their minds on whether they want it to represent darkness or dirty fighting(and slightly off topic, when the hell are we going to get a dark gym?).

I'd go for Ghost, with Ground and Fighting as close runner ups. The team would be:

Golurk
Nidoking
Gallade
Breloom
Chandelure
Gengar

Electric all the way.

Followed closely by Flying, Fighting, Fire, Water, Grass and Ghost.

Dark, because they're badass by nature. Then ice and poison becaus they look awesome and they have fantastic status effects.

water, psychic & ghost all day err' day B)

most of my favorite pokemon fall under one of those types~

Ghost For sure, cause its home to the Most awesome pokemon. BANETTE! MY FAVOURITE POKEMON OF ALL TIME, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT! :D My team would be:

Banette
Dusclops
Shuppet
Duskull
AND
another Banette :p

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom