• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favourite Male Player Character

Favourite male player character?

• Red (RBY/FrLg)

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Ethan (GSC/HgSs)

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Brendan (RSE)

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Wes (Colosseum)

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Michael (XD: Gale of Darkness)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lucas (DPPt)

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Hilbert (BW)

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
Wes was the most recent descendant in a line of beings made from pure badassery. Thus, he wins.
As for everyone else:
2) Ethan
3) Red
4) Brendan
5) Lucas

Wes, easily. The only teenager before Touya, and pretty awesome-looking, far above all others.

Touya comes in a close second, though. He's the best main series character in terms of looks to me... and the most adorable too. :X

Third would be Lucas. He's hated on too much, for no real reason. His Platinum outfit is just epic.

Fourth would be Gold. Used to be my favorite in the main series before Lucas, then Touya.

Brendan comes in fifth. He's pretty quirky and fairly cool as well. That crazy hat is amusement.

Sixth goes to Michael. Can't compare with Wes at all, but he was still a cool boy. Tied with Ethan. I don't really like the redesign of Gold, but he's alright.

Seventh is Red's original design. Fairly cool and iconic, but nowadays it's pretty bland in comparison.

Dead last is Red's redesign. The most awful redesign ever. Red in general has gotten tiring to me with how people overhype him altogether, so I just ignore him nowadays.

Red for certain. I refer to the original Red, not the goofy looking replacement we got in FRLG. Though since I never use him in FRLG, I suppose I don't really care (well, except insofar as he's now the "official" Red).

I realize I've already posted and voted here, but my previous post is dreadfully under-detailed, so here's a longer explanation of my viewpoint.

Red takes the #1 spot for being both the original protagonist (R/G/B/Y/FR/LG) and final boss (G/S/C/HG/SS) of Kanto*. In the latter case, he is also the games' most powerful trainer yet. Wes would probably be tied with Red, if only for being a pure badass.

Ethan comes second, purely for nostalgia. Silver Version was the first Pokémon game I understood how to play**.

Brendan and Lucas are tied for third. I see no fault with them, but nor do I see anything special about them. They're just "those two guys" to me.

I cannot judge Michael or Touya, having not yet played their respective games.

*Although Mt. Silver is technically a Johto location, it is only accessible from Kanto if traveling by foot.
**I had played Yellow before that, but I could barely read at the time.

I love Ethan/Gold the most! I love his look. I also really like Brendan. Lucas is so boring looking... And Red is ok, I guess.

Gold for me. I like his hair and outfit. Touya's my least favorite since his hairstyle is atrocious. XP

Red's the best. In the original series he's awesome; he's the first incarnation of the very original Pokemon protagonist design. In Gen II he's like a guru, just living up in the mountains with his abominably powerful team. Like the total boss that he is.

I disliked Lucas until his Platinum revision. I really do like his Platinum outfit. Black/Touya is my favorite.

Ethan is my favourite as I grew up with his design. He also looks pretty cool as well in my opinion. Red's would be a close second though in my opinion.

Red is definitely my favorite. Red cap is simple, yet looks the best.

Lucas's hat didn't do it for me.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom