• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fire Emblem Fates

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I'm really looking forward to gameplay wise is how they're tackling Pair Up now. I hated the fact it was back at first, but now I'm really starting to appreciate the different stances. Dragon's Vein looks interesting, too, but I'm not sure I get it story-wise. Overall, though, it looks more improved from Awakening.

Also, damn it, why did children have to return. What's the excuse this time? Time travel again? And how do you explain the Awakening characters? I don't remember the Outrealm Gate being a part of Hoshido again (unless I'm mistaken).

Also, Anna looks weird without the pointer finger on her chin. But hey, at least she's returning! She was one of my main hopes for player characters, so that's fantastic.

I think we can all agree on one thing; this game can't come out fast enough in english. Anyway I'm probably gonna pick the Hoshido side cause they seem to have more of the new classes. I read on serenes forest there are a bunch of skills that aren't learned by any class that seem to be taught through items. I sure hope those are obtainable since one of those skills lets bow users attack in close range.

Anna's back? I know who I'm S-ranking my avatar with.

FOG OF WAR IS BACK!YAY!

Come on,please tell me I'm not alone in liking it.

Last edited:
From looking at the characters, classes, and weapons... I'm now leaning towards Hoshido.

I'm a little curious to see how Nintendo changed the "potion" scene from the Japanese version for the US. It seems like an odd thing to add to the game anyway. I can't imagine any way they could really reword the scene to make it be seen in a different light then how people have already taken it. Has anyone else read anything about this?

I read that yesterday! It's probably a completely different and random conversation, like how the EU version of Awakening had that specific part of Nowi and Tharja's convo changed.

Preordered my copy the other day! Really looking forward to playing it

I'm a little curious to see how Nintendo changed the "potion" scene from the Japanese version for the US. It seems like an odd thing to add to the game anyway. I can't imagine any way they could really reword the scene to make it be seen in a different light then how people have already taken it. Has anyone else read anything about this?
I think the decision to remove the conversation was smart. If they had left it in it would have only sparked controversy again.

The face petting was removed as well xD

I know I joked about it being taken out but now I'm actually a little disappointed I cant pet my waifu. -_-

Get yourself a desktop husbando/waifu!
(Please excuse that last bit of text at the end. xD)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FghPVw_1KJs

p6wDRHR.jpg

Last edited:
I completely forgot this existed until the other day when all the news about the conversation/feature removal appeared. (Which doesn't bother me at all personally.)

Super hyped for it! I should probably preorder now before I forget.

I'm starting to have mixed feelings about it. I felt it had no place in FE , but at the same time, there wasn't really anything bad about it (and this is coming from someone who has been a fan for 11 years). Only some characters said some dirty stuff and that could have been easily rewritten. It's also possible Nintendo didn't want to spend any extra money for voice acting. Those Live2D models were really well made and it's kind of a shame we aren't going to see them. :/

If the feature truly didn't add anything to the game like stat boosts or whatever than I'm okay with it being taken out. If it got taken out because it was mildly inappropriate that's disappointing. I don't think they could have possibly said anything more inappropriate then what some of their other T and up title have in them.

That's exactly the case: it was taken out because Nintendo felt it was inappropriate for the American audience. :/ It will probably be a bit harder for people playing the Nohr route to gain support levels.

That's exactly the case: it was taken out because Nintendo felt it was inappropriate for the American audience. :/ It will probably be a bit harder for people playing the Nohr route to gain support levels.
The effects of the minigame is still there, it just skips it and gives you the support stuff. We're not losing any of its benefit, just the thing itself.

The face touching was way to Japanese fan-servicey for over here. For the average western consumer that doesn't have knowledge Japanese culture it would feel out of place for Fire Emblem. The people that are complaining are the vocal minority. Video game localization changes aspects of the game to fit the culture that its being brought to, this is just one of those cases.

Frankly, I don't see why people are making such a big outrage over the "waifu game" getting removed. It sure as hell wasn't going to add to my Fire Emblem Fates experience, and it's removal won't take away anything from that experience, either.

I'm picking up the Birthright version on release, haven't preordered though. Too late for me. This'll be my first "Fire Emblem" title, and with "Phoenix Mode", it should be a cakewalk.

I have no qualms about the removal of the minigame, nor do I really care. I never used the Pokémon-Amie that much either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom