• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Found this around the net; what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iximi

Reaction score
Hey this is my first post on these forums, but I use the Wiki all the time! Anyways, I stumbled upon this image when news of Black/White circulated the net.

4Bjts.png

It is indeed fan art, however whoever did this certainly had about as much creativity as the actual dev team has had of late...

Anyways, I was expecting some "new" types or gameplay mechanics at least- do you think they will delver on this aspect? I mean- the current formula is great- but i feel like i'm playing the same game I was playing at crystal with the current generation IV games.

Last edited:
eh, a lot of the names are corny and the designs are weak.

eh, a lot of the names are corny and the designs are weak.

Yea- when I first started to read down the list my smile slowly faded- I'm very glad its not the actual designs heh.

Yea sadly i was thinkin the same thing.

What do you mean "sadly, they're fanarts?" Thankfully they're fake because a majority of them are freaking terrible.

most of them are knock-offs of what is currently out there. they just changed the name and what they look like.

Thank God these are fake. That would have totally screwed up how excited I am about these games if those were real.

Some of them look fine to me...

Wait... "Moofork"? A thingy with forks for antlers...

(You know, this reminds me of back in the day, when I used to draw my "own" creatures- BoxiMon, Boxing Monsters.)

Oh thank god this is just fan art. A friend showed it to me a few minutes ago thinking it was real. They all look like dinosaur bubble pokemon. I was just thinking how the creativity for pokemon decreases with every gen.

Not only that, but almost everyone one of them is a dual type, that would suck!

While these are obviously fake and fan-made, I do like the idea of Moofy as a baby for both Tauros and Miltank.

Why does everyone dig up this same list of fakemon? Just to lol at it? Mission flipping accomplished, I guess, but I'm tired of seeing these things be flung around wherever I go.

The legendaries are not so good, but a lot of these are really cute.
At least whoever did this tried, and was creative in a lot of places.
I like that fire starter:)

I have a feeling the fact that it is known that these are fan made, change peoples opinions on whether they are good or not. I would like to see, for myself, what non fandom people believe of them.

Why does everyone dig up this same list of fakemon? Just to lol at it? Mission flipping accomplished, I guess, but I'm tired of seeing these things be flung around wherever I go.

Perhaps I should have been more clear- the point I was trying to make revolves around the standard-fair Pokemon that have been released in each generation. And this fake list just proves that the game will grow extremely stale if the current formula continues in Generation V.

How in the world does this list prove anything other than that fans are horrible at making pokemon?

I've seen water trainer's sprites too many times now.

How in the world does this list prove anything other than that fans are horrible at making pokemon?

Well the new Pokemon added in this "fan art" are remarkably similar in scope and creativity to the additions in Generation IV. I'm just sayin' that I would not have been surprised if that was the actual list; the devs really need to add some serious tweaks to this next generation to be worth my money at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom