• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Future Plots(spoilers)

Croagunk is the mascot of Pastoria City in the games though, so it makes sense.

But.....that never happened.
True, but this still counts as evidence towards the fact that the anime writers really want to do something with the "Ash's father" storyline.

This proves that either they didn't get around to it at that particular time, they pitched the idea after that point, or they decided it'd be best to wait until later in the series. Personally, I think it's the last reason.

Last edited:
True, but this still counts as evidence towards the fact that the anime writers really want to do something with the "Ash's father" storyline.

This proves that either they didn't get around to it at that particular time, they pitched the idea after that point, or they decided it'd be best to wait until later in the series. Personally, I think it's the last reason.

Or 4Kids could have spewed bullshit for pretty much no reason whatsoever. After all, I doubt that they actually know what the writers are planning in the future.

Ben Cousins said:
I bet all you guys would believe this information had it been included in an Yank magazine.

No.

I'd believe it if it came from a magazine whose authors knew the basic rules of English grammar.

"The evil Team Galaxy [don't you mean "Galactic?"] upset humans and Pokemon by kidnapping the [unnecessary capitalization] Lake Trio (Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf) to extract crystals, then searching the ruins [awkardly placed clause]. They upset an Unown [only one?], with Commander Saturn taking charge, and steal a meteor."

:drowsy:

The scan says that Brock will battle Wake right? So I wonder if Wake has a croagunk too. I doubt it but why else would Brock battle him?

I tried to find the "poor english" there and failed. Maybe it's just not the American English?

Since when Pokemon-related publications are reputable? :p

For me it looks rather like an article written using datafrom Japan, by a people who doesn't exactly have to know what Unown is, and "Lake Trio" could be something like "Elite Four" used to refer to some trio. I've seen more bugs in "adult" (and i mean newspapers, magazines, etc) publications already...

Yeah, and imagine when we do get a Lopunny filler it'll be similar anyway. I hope Buneary never evolves, but it interacting with Lopunny would be amusing.

<gets mental pictures of Dawn's then evolved Lopunny harassing Pikachu>

Uhm, I second you. No evolving for Buneary.

I kinda hope we have an episode where Turtwig, Buizel, Sudoowodo, and Gliscor all try to impress the newly evolved Lopunny (all of them seems like the boyish types to do that), but ultimately have her fall for Croagunk or something. 0.o

-x- i dunno if i can really trust the afformentioned scan. i mean, wouldn't they clear up the inconsistancies and typos for publication? i mean, for the sake of understanding the text for the readers?

We're beyond trusting this magazine as we know its information so far is legit.

But how could a magazine, especially one from Australia, gain this information?

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom