• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen V - Should Ash leave the Anime?

Should Ash leave the anime?

• I like him, so he should stay.

Votes: 89 54.9%
  • I like him, but I think he should go.

Votes: 20 12.3%
  • I tolerate him, but he should stay.

Votes: 24 14.8%
  • I tolerate him, but he should leave.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I hate him. But he should stay.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I hate him, so he should go.

Votes: 12 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
personally i'd like to mount his head on my wall (shows how much I hate him) but even so I'd hate to see pokemon "go the GX route" even more.

If they were gonna take him out they would've done so when jouto started, so it's pretty obvious him and Pikachu aren't going anywhere.

Nah, He won't leave and he never will xDU We've followed his dreams of being a Pokemon master since the show started xDU And we'll continue to wacht him until the show finish xD. If I remember well, Hidaka said that Ash will become in a pokemon master in the LAST episode from the series :3 So, Ash will never leave and he will have the same main role forever xDU

But it wouldn't be a bad idea if producers gave him a break for a season at least :3U They could travel again to a region which Ash had already visited and meeting a new trainer.Then Ash could be a supporting character, with the role of being the teacher of a new trainer or something xDU And when a new season started give him back to his old role :D

Should he leave: I will admit that it will be a nice change of pace, but then comes the problem that the guy that ends up replacing him will most likely be a carbon copy of Ash. Sure he'll have a small trace of a personality trait that Ash doesn't have, like Jimmy and how he was crushing on Marina, but in the end, he'll most likely be a carbon copy by trying to be the best trainer, similar training styles, going after the same leaders Ash would have gone after.

Will he leave: No, he's basically what Goku is to the Dragon Ball Series, Gan Takada to Yatterman, Bart Simpson of The Simpsons., Optimus Prime of Transformers, etc. An iconic character that will forever remain in the Pokemon world. I believe we're stuck with him until the anime ends for whatever reason.

The anime is in dire need of a total reboot.

DP would have been the perfect sendoff to the current continuity. The things they did this saga, like Paul, Pokehunter J, the Elite 4, etc. will have difficulty being topped.

I also don't see where Ash's Pokemon team can go from here. His Sinnoh team was mostly evolved, but it'll just be same old next generation.

Likewise the rut of a new newbie girl every generation is also bothersome. How many goddamn girls is Ash going to travel with? Does it even make sense anymore?

DP *should* have been the finale of the show. I only fear from here the show will be stuck in an endless loop with more and more people drifting from the series entirely.

Scott, if you don't like this show anymore - no one force you to watch it
Even if they'll forever continue with Ash/Brock/NewCoordinator, I know that at least I will probably like it... it's not what I hope to see, but it'll sure be good no matter what they do, simply because I love all current characters (including Brock, even if I sometimes say he's boring and should leave) and eventually like all new characters (May, Dawn...) and generally like the Gyms/Contests plot and the Pokémon world itself

I have to agree with Scott, partly. He gives just as good a reason as everyone else. A change would be nice, but I don't see Ash going anywhere.

To be honest I've considered retiring from the anime after DP ends. I'll likely just follow the 5th gen anime in terms of summaries/pics, but I'm not sure if I'm going to watch every episode anymore.

The show now has 650+ episodes, and the way I see it, DP had "finale" written all over it, and as we know, the writers will have difficulty topping Paul, Pokehunter J, Team Galactic, the Elite 4, and replacing Dawn with the umpteenth female is bothersome.

This is the last generation I watched every episode of and followed intently, the 5th gen will take us to the year 2014, and its just stuck in a loop.

To be honest I've considered retiring from the anime after DP ends. I'll likely just follow the 5th gen anime in terms of summaries/pics, but I'm not sure if I'm going to watch every episode anymore.
:7up:
Scott85 said:
Show is an endless loop already, and it is disturbing .While I partly want Ash to leave, after he becomes champion at least, I don't think it will happen and as Daxdiv said new main character would be an Expy of himi, which wouldn't be interesting.

If Ash stays, as someone earlier stated, then Team Rocket and Meowth should stay. Then Brock also stays, and they would be jopined by the new female protagonist.

Even if they'll forever continue with Ash/Brock/NewCoordinator, I know that at least I will probably like it... it's not what I hope to see, but it'll sure be good no matter what they do, simply because I love all current characters (including Brock, even if I sometimes say he's boring and should leave) and eventually like all new characters (May, Dawn...) and generally like the Gyms/Contests plot and the Pokémon world itself

Must you attack Scott every time he posts?

Anyway I agree with him. DP should be the end of Ash's journey but it's more likely isn't. A lot has happened in the past 13 years, so why not a reboot.

For the people saying that the new guy would be an Ash clone, I think that the writers can create a new character with new characterizations that will differs him from Ash.

Yeah, right... oh wait, so that means you'll be here to complain about episodes that you didn't even watch, based on summaries you read in the internet?... sounds like a certain bug to me

As much as I hate Ash, the show would go down alot if he left. It's all 'cause of the fandom, if he or pikachu went, so does the marketing. There for, he'll probably stay. But I agree with piplup here... If he stays, I want Dawn to as well, I've liked her a lot... She was one of those females that say "Let me take care of myself", which I absolutely love! Besides, I've always thought she would've been a good replacement. Even before the april fools joke...

he has to say otherwise it kills the series. Final descision. I hate stupid threads. Dont yell at me for saying that and do not qoute me except the first sentence.

This just had to happen again, didn't it? I have nothing substantial to say, just that I don't think Ash is going anywhere.

I tallied the votes, 49 say stay, 15 say go. Clearly, evens the fans say stay. I think the only thing that makes the anime the anime anymore is Ash, not even the pokemon do that. I haven't seen it in a long time, and I liked the original episodes, but I don't think I would like the newer ones. Ash changes his hat, which bothers me to death.

Closure > endless loop.

In your opinion
One of the reasons I like Pokémon so much is exactly BECAUSE it's such a long show and still continue and looks like it'll continue forever
If you want a closure, you sure have many other shows to choose to watch instead...
Pokémon = enjoy the journey (and all the development we get during it = it's not all pointless) and don't think about an ending

The show already went on a long time. 13 years and 650+ episodes is plenty. The way you make it sound as if the show just started. I cannot see what another 200-400 eps would change.

If anything I'd prefer an endless loop because then you get something new every week.

With shows that I enjoy that have ended, I just end up watching the same episodes over and over until I get bored of them. Not the case with Pokémon thankfully.

If anything I'd prefer an endless loop because then you get something new every week.

With shows that I enjoy that have ended, I just end up watching the same episodes over and over until I get bored of them. Not the case with Pokémon thankfully.

I'd agree if Pokemon was a shorter series. Now that it has 650+ episodes, even if you were to actually watch every single episode without skipping any, it would take you 650 days to watch through the series if you only watch 1 ep per day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom