• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

lol I'm also hoping for more diverse names this time too, we don't have enough Pokemon with Q, Y, X and Z names. The new legendaries' names are a good sign.

I've been hoping for a car pokemon or anything with wheels, its type can be steel/poison or steel/electric

How about a car tyre that is a psychic type? :p

LOL, I saw that film xD it was so bad that I spent the hole film laughing (for those wondering the film is called Rubber, check it on Wikipedia)... But honestly if would give a nice pokémon :p

So on-topic: Since there is a X pokémon and a Y pokémon, I would expect a Z pokémon. Maybe a cobra/serpentine pokémon... Probably would be Water type since Yveetall flies and Xerneas is a "ground animal".

I've really been hoping to see a Pokémon based on a Siberian Tiger or a Snow Leopard for a while now. I love all the non-legendary cat-based Pokémon we've had so far but them being relegated to early captures with average stats for their evos really makes it hard to have a solid team that you like and that can pack a punch.

While a Snow Leopard does have a slightly whitish coat in places, a Siberian Tiger has colours which really contrast with white (orange and black) so I think it would make for a very different looking Ice type compared to what we've got before. As both species are very low in numbers, I think it would be interesting to take Farfetch'ds background and expand it. A Pokémon that is facing extinction because of humans and thus has to fight back, including utilising new methods. A cub could be pure Ice and when it evolves goes anthromorphic like Lucaro and Zoroark, with a new typing. I think either Fighting or Ghost would be interesting. Fighting would literally help it fight back and be more physically powerful. Ghost would help it elude hunters more.

It would definitely have a low encounter rate; not too sure if I'd want it to be the next Lucario or Zoroark.

I'm not sure where to post this, but I made a little observation.

While looking at the screenshots of Fennekin, I noticed that it had brown markings on its paws and a little on its tail, even though its official artwork lacks these markings. It has me curious actually, and I'm wondering if it could be a possible gender difference. That, or maybe the trailer was showing some earlier beta footage of Fennekin's model, though that seems a little less likely.

Are you thinking of this screenshot: http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/7/70/XY_Prerelease_Fennekin_Fire_attack.png ?

In that case, those aren't markings. It's actually the grass surrounding Fennekin, which overlaps everything but the outline of whatever Pokemon is standing there.

Oh, huh, you're right actually. I guess that also explains the overlapping grass with that screenshot of Froakie too.

I find this a little annoying now though. The models are clearly outlined a little, yet the outlines make it seem like the overlapping grass are markings...

Well anyway, to add on to the discussion of new Pokemon species... I myself would like to see a goat Pokemon. There's the Muskateer trio sure, but I mean something a little more like a traditional, ranch-bred goat. If the region really is based on parts of Europe, then who knows, it may be more likely now. I know a friend of mine is personally dying for a poodle Pokemon, as someone else here once said.
Dark/Psychic Goat mon for slot number 666, go!

Funny. Except that number isn't even the number of the beast, it's just a mistranslation. But besides that little fact, that certainly would be an amusing thing to see... and another reason to get those Christian fundamentalists raging about Pokemon all over again....

Who gives a fuck what the fundamentalist think? Nobody takes them seriously anymore... they pretty much lost any and all credability after the Harry Potter fiasco

That wasn't what I was saying. Of course no one takes them seriously anymore, but to hear them raging on again would still be an annoyance to everyone.

I think it's kinda funny... seeing them make fools of themselves... though I do hate the WBC now THERE are some sick people...

I think it's kinda funny... seeing them make fools of themselves... though I do hate the WBC now THERE are some sick people...

That's great, but it's not the topic of this thread so stop discussing it.

I don't know if this has been discussed (and I'm sure it has but I won't check 24 pages) but I'm sure Yvetal is a Dark/Flying Pokémon.

I would like to see Pokemon based off of kangaroos, quail, Tasmanian devil, koalas, falcon, robin, cardinal, raven, orioles, bluejay, more dogs( something like a Saint Bernard would be cool), armadillo, cygnet, antelope, gazelle, wildebeest, water buffalo, wolves, coyotes, panda, bear( we already have two based on grizzlies and polar), beaver, dolphin, wildcat, lynx, mountain lion, snow tiger, polecat, chamois, platypus(Psyduck doesn't count), termite, armadillidiidae(or rollie pollie), mosquitoe. I could continue, but I think everyone will get where I am going with this post.

I would also like to see more Pokemon based off of inanimate objects like computers, iPods, cameras, clocks, lightbulb just some ideas I thought I might add.

Last edited:
Re: That pokemon we ever wanted...

You guys do realise that 666 really isn't any sort of special number in Japan, right? I mean, outside of Christian influence, which isn't taken seriously in Japan either way.
Christian influence? I am Christian and not all Christians believe in everything the Bible says, you know, it's 2000 years old and stuff.

A lemure (which should not be mistaken with lemur) would be cool.
Actually, since it's Pokemon, a lemur lemure would be quite appropriate...

I would like to see Pokemon based off of kangaroos,

This is also something that I would like to see. We have Kangaskhan sure, but I'd also like to see something a little... less reptilian. Though I think Spinda and Bidoof/Bibarel are good enough for our pandas and beavers.

I'm also reminded that we still don't have any gorilla Pokemon. I would really like to see one, or just a Pokemon based off of an ape in general. Slaking doesn't count as it's just an oversized sloth.

Better yet, why not expand on the Rotom formes and have a car be one it's new possessions? It could be Steel or Poison!

I would like to see Pokemon based off of kangaroos,

This is also something that I would like to see. We have Kangaskhan sure, but I'd also like to see something a little... less reptilian. Though I think Spinda and Bidoof/Bibarel are good enough for our pandas and beavers.

I'm also reminded that we still don't have any gorilla Pokemon. I would really like to see one, or just a Pokemon based off of an ape in general. Slaking doesn't count as it's just an oversized sloth.
True, but I would like to see something more panda like. Spinda looks more like a retarded rabbit thing rather than a "red panda". I want to see a Pokemon based of a giant panda, possibly Grass/Fighting type?

Um, Spinda IS based on a giant panda, only it's a giant panda with red markings. Spinda looks nothing like a true red panda. But I do get what you mean.

You guys do realise that 666 really isn't any sort of special number in Japan, right? I mean, outside of Christian influence, which isn't taken seriously in Japan either way.

666's meaning is well known. There is many animes with references to it.

Spinda may be based on the giant panda, but it hardly looks like one. It looks more like a panda cub than a full grown adult, like Teddiursa and Cubchoo, and because of this I hope it gets an evolution one day. It would not only make it look more like the giant panda it is based off of, but also make it battle-viable. Right now, it's entirely useless.

If Spinda ever receives an evolution, I hope they make it quadrupedal, since both Ursaring and Beartic walk on two legs.

Spinda may be based on the giant panda, but it hardly looks like one. It looks more like a panda cub than a full grown adult, like Teddiursa and Cubchoo, and because of this I hope it gets an evolution one day. It would not only make it look more like the giant panda it is based off of, but also make it battle-viable. Right now, it's entirely useless.

If Spinda ever receives an evolution, I hope they make it quadrupedal, since both Ursaring and Beartic walk on two legs.

To be fair, Spinda is a 'gimmick' Pokemon in that the main thing going for it is that every Spinda has a different spot pattern on their face. Gimmick Pokemon rarely get evolutions. It's ultimately better if we just got a second panda Pokemon rather than an evolution to an already existing one.

There's christianity in Japan, dood, and even non-christians associate the number 666 with evil and devils and stuff because of scary movies, if nothing else. Thirteen is a number that has a lot of superstition about it, but it's not like people avoid Weedle over it.
However, the Pokemon CO. seems to try and avoid any religious connotations with its products, so even if we did get some kind of demonic Pokemon for #666, it'd inevitably get neutered overseas, at least in the anime; Arceus uses 'Justice' rather than 'Judgment', Keldeo is a 'Sword of Justice' not a 'Sacred Swordsman', ETC.

Back
Top Bottom