• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

I'm speculating that it's a Ghost type.

- Lightest Eeveelution
- Nymphia (japanese name) derived from the term nymph, which is a spirit

So it's name origin means spirit, and it's the lightest of all Eeveelutions. Ghosts are usually very light, and spirits are often another term for ghost.

"Devolution Spray" has been around in the TCG since its first set, and I've always thought it'd be interesting as a Status-like effect in battle. many RPGs have Level-Draining spells and abilities.

Also, I think that what epicparker is trying to say is that a 'Holy'-style Type IS missing from Pokemon's list of Types -- but GF wouldn't use a controversial word like 'Holy' for a Type that represents that concept, so the most succinct thing to call it would be 'Light'. The 'Light' Type would not necessarily have anything to do with radiance, color, or anything associated with literal light-waves, and people who only associate the words 'Light Type' with these things are perhaps being too literal. In Kingdom Hearts, Sora/Roxas are Light-Elemental, and it's just a term that means 'the power of good' or some such, and is associated with defense, and zapping undead/unholy/'evil' stuff. There's also the Light Side of the Force, associated with serenity and peace, which seems in-line as well.

Well, yes, I was thinking that it would include that and also the other things you mentioned above.

I'm speculating that it's a Ghost type.

- Lightest Eeveelution
- Nymphia (japanese name) derived from the term nymph, which is a spirit

So it's name origin means spirit, and it's the lightest of all Eeveelutions. Ghosts are usually very light, and spirits are often another term for ghost.

This is possible but I find it very unlikely as Sylveon is a very light tan color and the pokedex colors of all of the Pure Ghost type pokemon are as follows:

Misdreavus - Gray
Shuppet - Black
Banette - Black
Duskull - Black
Dusclops - Black
Mismagius - Purple
Dusknoir - Black
Yamask - Black
Cofagrigus - Yellow

Yes, you could argue that there are other Ghost types with light colors (Litwick, etc.), but those all have other types, and I'm pretty sure we all agree Sylveon (being an Eeveelution) will have one type.
I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's unlikely.

Also, about Sylveon being the lightest Eevelution, I just want to point out that this could support my theory of it being a LIGHT type. Yes, a pun by Gsamefreak. Maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Also, about Sylveon being the lightest Eevelution, I just want to point out that this could support my theory of it being a LIGHT type. Yes, a pun by Gsamefreak. Maybe.

Except in Japanese "light" (weight) and "light" (shine) are written very different ("karui", "hikari" respectively)

Except in Japanese "light" (weight) and "light" (shine) are written very different ("karui", "hikari" respectively)

Yes, well Pokemon is global, so why can't there be jokes that Japanese people won't get that English-speaking people will?

Guys I think Pokémon Smash has been trolling with us for sometime (January to be exact). Ok here's the thing I'm sure some of you haven't even noticed this but there's been this weird silhouette of an unidentifiable Pokémon in the background where the presenters of the show stand I have gone far and beyond to find the Pokémon that matches it's body shape but to no avail here it is... Mystery Creature Pic 1.PNG Mystery Creature Pic 2.PNG Mystery Creature Pic 3.PNG

What in the world do guys think this is prehaps this what they'll reveal next week?

Wow, that's...unprecedented. I wonder what this means for Coro Coro. I suppose we can go back to both being a source of info, but I wouldn't get my hopes up yet. Chances are, this month is going to be about Rumble U anyway, and then May will give us X/Y again. Then again, Coro Coro has never been known to leave stuff alone, so we will perhaps get a reiteration of this poke's reveal. If they want to do anything else, it will be to their own prerogative.

Guys I think Pokémon Smash has been trolling with us for sometime (January to be exact). Ok here's the thing I'm sure some of you haven't even noticed this but there's been this weird silhouette of an unidentifiable Pokémon in the background where the presenters of the show stand I have gone far and beyond to find the Pokémon that matches it's body shape but to no avail here it is... View attachment 85747 View attachment 85748 View attachment 85749

What in the world do guys think this is prehaps this what they'll reveal next week?

Sorry, dude, that's just Zorua. U: However, this week's Smash did give us this... Plus the official english twitter says there's new XY info next week.

The new Pokemon looks like an egg -_-

I think he believes the yellow place holder egg covering the Pokemon is actually the Pokemon.

I think the two Pokémon being revealed will be this region's "Rattata" and "Pidgey".

Guys I think Pokémon Smash has been trolling with us for sometime (January to be exact). Ok here's the thing I'm sure some of you haven't even noticed this but there's been this weird silhouette of an unidentifiable Pokémon in the background where the presenters of the show stand I have gone far and beyond to find the Pokémon that matches it's body shape but to no avail here it is... View attachment 85747 View attachment 85748 View attachment 85749

Sorry, dude, that's just Zorua. U: However, this week's Smash did give us this... Plus the official english twitter says there's new XY info next week.

Thanks YamiiDenryuu for the clearing this up ^_^

I think the two Pokémon being revealed will be this region's "Rattata" and "Pidgey".

It would be better to reveal the new Caterpie instead of the boring rodent.

The news about Junichi on the show next week are AMAZING^^ I'm so happy to read that!

Finally, rejoice XY fans!

One week more? Oh, God, it's been a while since we got ANYTHING about X/Y... one month and a half, actually.

I think GF made a slight communication mistake by spitting info and images between the big announcement and the revelation of Sylveon and then suddenly stop giving any new info.

EDIT: Just realized. Brace yourselves, April's Fools is coming.

One week more? Oh, God, it's been a while since we got ANYTHING about X/Y... one month and a half, actually.

I think GF made a slight communication mistake by spitting info and images between the big announcement and the revelation of Sylveon and then suddenly stop giving any new info.

EDIT: Just realized. Brace yourselves, April's Fools is coming.

Tons of Fake corocoros revealing this new pokemon earlier. It would be hilarious if the real one showed up tomorrow and was dismissed as a fake.

Last edited:

Nothing special this, and I've been so out of the loop that I honestly don't know were to post this, but by the gods I knew Sylveon was gonna be paired up with another Eeeveelution:
\
d8hbFLI.png

I was expecting it, even if you all didn't, so you can get my happy position on this. Makes things very interesting for Sylveon if its a new type, because the color for me indicates its either gonna be ground or fighting.

This picture is a bit old and don't really support the hypothesis of Sylveon being paired with another eeveelution.

Didn't see it till today, and how exactly doesn't it support that? Sylveon was exactly the same case of being in the logo without us realizing it, and now that we've picked it up, I doubt they would just add another mysterious colored symbol without it meaning anything. Sure they've played coy before, but never to the point where the stupidly obvious wasn't the case in question.

Back
Top Bottom