• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not even arguing against a Kanto revisit, I just don't think this looks like evidence :/

Blue was released in Japan, but its never been part of the main pair for them. From the original games, to Fire Red & Leaf Green, to the rivals Red & Green in-game (or in Adventures), the JP Origins logo using Red & Green, etc. Its always been that way overseas, so a Blue/Red theme deck being released doesn't look like anything that significant to the possibility to me.

It sooner represents XY if anything, whether there's another Kalos game or not. Mewtwo X was exclusive to X, corresponding with Blue. Same with Y and Red.

In fairness ever since Generation 3, all the box colors for the main pairs had been red/blue (Black/White being an exception). That said, this points closer to the mewtwo sets representing X/Y then it does to Kanto Remakes

While I wouldn't b against another Kanto game I'm just not sure I'd b thrilled unless it was significantly different.......I feel So bad for Fennekin, Chespin, and Froakie.....While I like them a lot.......I'm afraid that the Kanto starters have over stayed their welcome.......IF Kanto is our next stop I hope that the Kalos starters have the spotlight in it. Sure it would b weird to be given them in Kanto, but hey was it weird in XY to get the Kanto starters? .........yeah it kind of was lol

Hmmmm just had a thought....GameFreak has said that they want to do something that no one would expect and that they haven't done b4. If we still possibly have 2 more games coming then what if they made one game Kalos based and one Kanto based? Idk....just thinking allowed......lol

Okay here's the 3d iteration of my Kanto Comfirmed parody

FBszJDe.jpg

There certainly may be two games announced sometime soon, but I don't think it will be Kanto games. The Kanto starter event isn't really a good "hint" at all, the TCG set's colors are Red/Blue, and the only thing that hinted at Hoenn games was Mega Blaziken.

While its not indicative of Kanto confirmed, the next set being XY focused or at least non-oras material means that by September the series is well and trily closing the ORAS marketing period. Kalos focused mega evo special, xy megas aa the focus pf thw tcg and an oras inspired spinoff all in one month keans by October the road is clear for the final releases of gen 6. Now if its announced by then or not is a different issue. I still retain that E3 is prime for it. Instead of getting a focus in the E3 digital event, Nintendo released the SMD trailer in the micro direct ahead of it. Not only that, but with the slew of stuff being outed, there is little to no 3DS titles to showcase, and I feel 20th games are prime titles to have as the center titles for the handheld.

The most famous pairing is Red/Blue though. Blue was released in Japan too. Game Freak is definitely not going to use Green again.

Did I just wake up in an parallel universe where the first Gen 1 remakes were FireRed and WaterBlue?

Well, you are a fan of the Pokémon Multiverse, maybe Hoopa transported you.

Only time will tell. At this point... anything is possible in regards to new main series Pokémon games. Either Game Freak could be currently re-using the Generation VI engine to make an X/Y sequel (X2/Y2) or another remake (Blazing Red/Jade Green), or they could quite simply be all focusing on the brand new Generation VII engine in which will be used for the two Generation VII games. And we know already that Game Freak wants to stay up-to-date with technology and not be delaying behind the newest stuff (unlike what they did with previous generations).

And just so you know, I've played Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, there's a huge difference between those two games. MH4U uses very small maps (with warp points to other maps) in which would be equivalent to the size of the Residential District area of Colony 9 in Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, while Xenoblade Chronicles 3D uses huge maps that are 50x the size of any of the maps in MH4U. If Game Freak is aiming for an open-world without the need of warps between routes (just as it did in the original Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald), as well as enabling 3D everywhere, then they will need to make Generation VII exclusive to the New Nintendo 3DS. Otherwise, the games won't be able to use much RAM and the maps won't be any bigger, nor would it be able to use much textures either. And I really do think Game Freak needs to take full advantage of the New Nintendo 3DS hardware by making it exclusive to New Nintendo 3DS. Then we'd see a much more realistic new region (and maybe a more realistic Kalos region too).

Only time will tell. At this point... anything is possible in regards to new main series Pokémon games. Either Game Freak could be currently re-using the Generation VI engine to make an X/Y sequel (X2/Y2) or another remake (Blazing Red/Jade Green), or they could quite simply be all focusing on the brand new Generation VII engine in which will be used for the two Generation VII games. And we know already that Game Freak wants to stay up-to-date with technology and not be delaying behind the newest stuff (unlike what they did with previous generations).

And just so you know, I've played Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, there's a huge difference between those two games. MH4U uses very small maps (with warp points to other maps) in which would be equivalent to the size of the Residential District area of Colony 9 in Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, while Xenoblade Chronicles 3D uses huge maps that are 50x the size of any of the maps in MH4U. If Game Freak is aiming for an open-world without the need of warps between routes (just as it did in the original Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald), as well as enabling 3D everywhere, then they will need to make Generation VII exclusive to the New Nintendo 3DS. Otherwise, the games won't be able to use much RAM and the maps won't be any bigger, nor would it be able to use much textures either. And I really do think Game Freak needs to take full advantage of the New Nintendo 3DS hardware by making it exclusive to New Nintendo 3DS. Then we'd see a much more realistic new region (and maybe a more realistic Kalos region too).

As nice as that sounds, I don;t think that's gonna work (then again I'm a little biased due to actually not having a new 3ds). As far as I know, there hasen't been case of GF keeping part of a generation exclusive to what is essentially a remodel of their consoles Going by the last few generations (Particularly V which was meant for the DSi but playable on older models)

then again I'm not sure what the new 3DS is and GF has thrown curveballs before

An open-world exploration for the main series games would be awesome. Already the feels are tingling.

I'm not saying this without any basis. What was the point of foreshadowing a new region with new Pokemon in XY if we still had to wait until 2017? There have been been countless placeholders in game data before, and Zygarde's existence doesn't guarantee full main series Kalos games. I wouldn't have a problem with more Kalos games if it weren't for the fact that Game Freak had us look forward to a new generation since 2013. What's undeniable here is that Generation VII not being released until 2017 would mean that the Strange Souvenir and the Backpacker who gives it to you are not only misleading, but pointless.

There's been countless references to other regions as well, we see them on a regular basis now. So that's not strong enough evidence to conclude that 7th gen is next by itself. Placeholder data is a much stronger indication of what their plans are, because it shows actual work being put in to make a game. I suppose it's entirely possible they could've cancelled a Kalos followup to move on to 7th gen, but it's highly unlikely. It would take an utter disaster for Game Freak to cancel a game like that.

But see, the evidence in XY is much more blunt than a standard reference to an old region. It's not just a typical tourist from a region we'll never see materialized; the guy takes it upon himself to tell us that we will see the region soon (even in the Japanese version). I agree that nothing is certain due to the oddity of the lack of games for a Pokemon that, at first glance, is designed to be a mascot, but I find it hard to accept that they would give us a depiction of an unknown Pokemon and essentially tempt us to look forward to an unknown region four years early. When have they ever done anything remotely similar before? Let's say that conviction is agreeable and fair. What would be the reasoning behind that? We all know Generation VII is inevitable. What's the point of getting us interested in it now? Also, to clarify something, it's totally possible that no game was "cancelled," and Zygarde was meant to be handled in unconventional ways from the beginning. That would explain the super-early foreshadowing of the next generation. If Game Freak is that stubborn, then the only option that is sensible is that Kalos will be revisited in the next generation. I'm just trying to make sense of the opposing evidence instead of totally undermine one side.

I think the bottom line is, is it not ridiculous for absolutely nothing to come of this? Please double-check before insisting that it really does mean nothing.

Last edited:
Maybe they might pull a Kanto/Johto on us with Kalos in Gen 7. That's the only solution that I can come up with for that particular predicament.

See? Here we go again, folks. We've been down this road before, discussing the Strange Souvenir. 'Round and 'round the circle we go. I have a really REALLY sneaky suspicion that this is a telltale sign that Game Freak is going to throw us another massive curveball like they did with releasing B2/W2 instead of a "Grey" version for Gen 5.

With the direction Nintendo is going as evident by E3, its fully clear we are in a transitional phase for the company on a whole, both with their handhelds and consoles. I think at this point its obvious the NX is meant as a 3DS successor, due for a 2016 release. By my estimations, I thnk the last gen 6 release is going to also be the last 3DS game. Gen 7 is definitely gonna be an NX generation, probably sometime holiday 2017.

I hope I'm not the only person who wants 7th gen on the 3ds, its too expensive for people like me to buy new systems every year, it would also maximize the amount of players as well

I think all the speculation regarding what the next main series games are going to be can be summed up with one question: Why did Game Freak decide to reveal a Generation VII Pokemon two years ago?

With the direction Nintendo is going as evident by E3, its fully clear we are in a transitional phase for the company on a whole, both with their handhelds and consoles. I think at this point its obvious the NX is meant as a 3DS successor, due for a 2016 release. By my estimations, I thnk the last gen 6 release is going to also be the last 3DS game. Gen 7 is definitely gonna be an NX generation, probably sometime holiday 2017.

From what I understood about the NX, we won't be getting the actual release in 2016 but only more news about it. With that said, I think that we have between now and 2017 to get the last installment for Gen 6 before moving on to Gen 7. What I would like to see them do is an outstanding job(lolwut?) with the first pair of Gen 7 games and have them one of several launch titles for the NX. Having a new Generation of main series titles for Pokémon as launch titles I think would really help kick-start sales for the new console. If they're gonna try and wow the crowd with "moving forward", then they best be doing something about it.

I think all the speculation regarding what the next main series games are going to be can be summed up with one question: Why did Game Freak decide to reveal a Generation VII Pokemon two years ago?

They be trollin' the fans, 'cause that's how they be rollin'.

I WISH I could believe that Zygarde games would include the new region, new Pokemon, and new Pokemon League that XY strongly hinted at. That would remove the possibility of Game Freak being cruelly misleading.

You talking about Zygarde or Volcanion?

I'm going to bet that the Stranger Souvenir is actually nothing and it was just something to keep fans speculating. To make fans guess what it is and what it is going to do, to help keep the series relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom