• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gym leaders/ Pokémon League

If Dento is a Grass Gym Leader, Aloe is a Ground Gym Leader. One of the two first Gyms have a type super-effective against the other. (Rock < Water ; Flying > Bug ; Rock < Fighting ; Rock < Grass)

That's really interesting. Aloe does seem like she could be ground type. We'll see. :]

That's really interesting. Aloe does seem like she could be ground type. We'll see. :]

why? is it because of she is banned topic of discussion that we should never speak of? anyways, aloe gym is like a library with quizes so i cant guess what the type for it is

why? is it because of she is banned topic of discussion that we should never speak of? anyways, aloe gym is like a library with quizes so i cant guess what the type for it is

What on Earth are you talking about?

Are you implying that because of her color made me think that she's ground type?

Please make sense when quoting another person.

Aloe looks like she's ground type to me. She seems earthly, really. And in the CoroCoro scans (I think) her background color was brown/red, like Dento was green. But this could mean nothing. I'm just probably spouting crap out of my mouth.

I think the most plausible theories regarding Dent are:

1) He is a Grass-type Gym Leader and Isshu continues the Type-themed gyms. The type compatibility questions are only there for Dent to help teach a new trainer, and to try and give them a beginner's advantage (A sort of tutorial level).

or

2) He has three Pokémon. A Grass-type, A Fire-type and a Water-type, and the Isshu Gyms are based on strategy rather than type.

If the anime is anything to go by, Dent's gym has a rather rocky arena. What could be possible is, when a Pokémon uses growth, all sorts of trees and stuff emerge from said rocks. I dunno.

What on Earth are you talking about?

Are you implying that because of her color made me think that she's ground type?

Please make sense when quoting another person.

Aloe looks like she's ground type to me. She seems earthly, really. And in the CoroCoro scans (I think) her background color was brown/red, like Dento was green. But this could mean nothing. I'm just probably spouting crap out of my mouth.

well sorry for assuming and maybe you should be able to comprehend text because it is not hard, and yes, you could be spitting out random shit but so am i, at least this is a speculation thread somewhat, i still think dento is the starter types and there is evidence that strongly proofs that, also there was someone in this thread earlier investigating what both towns of aloe and dento mean, dentos town had resemblance to electric and aloes had resemblance to steel. yet we still dont know and maybe both of us can be wrong

ok here what i think would be a good list of gyms then elite four groupings

Gym:
1-poison
2-fire
3-flying
4-ghost
5-water/ice
6-electric
7-grass
8-steel

Elite four:
1-Dark
2-Ground
3-Psychic
4-Dragon
Chmp-mixed as it should be

from the looks of it if dento turns out to be a grass type and aloe being a ground type then it could turn to be

1) grass
2) ground
3) electric
4) water
5) fire
6) ice(we saw an ice cave like gym so the possibility of ice type gym is very likely
7) flying
8) bug(we saw a honey filled gym before so most likely this one also)

most likely we will have a bug or ice along the way right?

Edit:

Or it could also be

grass > ground > fire > bug > psychic > fight > ice > dragon

I think that it will be :

Gym 1 : Grass (Not sure)
Gym 2 : Ground
Gym 3 : Psychic
Gym 4 : Electric
Gym 5 : Bug
Gym 6 : Flying
Gym 7 : Ice
Gym 8 : Dark

from the looks of it if dento turns out to be a grass type and aloe being a ground type then it could turn to be

1) grass
2) ground
3) electric
4) water
5) fire
6) ice(we saw an ice cave like gym so the possibility of ice type gym is very likely
7) flying
8) bug(we saw a honey filled gym before so most likely this one also)

most likely we will have a bug or ice along the way right?

Edit:

Or it could also be

grass > ground > fire > bug > psychic > fight > ice > dragon

dude, corocoro scans, really, if you have looked at them, no excuse, yeah he has a grass monkey, but in DP, candice had a medicham and flint and volkners teams had half the pokemon that wasnt even their own type, but this was fixed in platinum, thus, dento still can be grass/water/fire. you cant say he is a type when #1, it wasnt confirmed and #2, you dont have the facts to support the theory, as of HARD facts, what im saying is, grass shouldnt be the first guess even if he has green hair, a green bow and a grass monkey.

dude, corocoro scans, really, if you have looked at them, no excuse, yeah he has a grass monkey, but in DP, candice had a medicham and flint and volkners teams had half the pokemon that wasnt even their own type, but this was fixed in platinum, thus, dento still can be grass/water/fire. you cant say he is a type when #1, it wasnt confirmed and #2, you dont have the facts to support the theory, as of HARD facts, what im saying is, grass shouldnt be the first guess even if he has green hair, a green bow and a grass monkey.

First of all, run-on sentences are really bad, and unattractive. Sorry. :p

Second of all, he says Dento seems to be a grass type, respect that. It's his/her opinion.

Third of all, there are no "HARD" facts about him being grass/water/fire.

Dude, chill, really.

There are no facts period.

Thre is no proof he is FIre/Water/Grass either none att all... From what we've seen he has green hair and eyes and he has Yannapu a grass type (I can't wait for english names..)

we have to wait fo ranother few day s then we'll get out anwser

But Dento's gym is EXACTLY like I thought it would be. Nice case though.

If you pause it, you can see the third and fourth one too...the 3rd resembles a heart, and the fourth resembles a bolt.

ELECTRIC GYM confirmed. Most likely the musical city. Bet it's a girl.

15y7skm.png

Got it! The 1st five are visible. Seems like 8 gyms are returning! (For the naysayers!)

The third may be a heart, but it may also be a butterfly wing, like the statues in the bug gym.

Looks like 4 and 4 on each side. 8 more Gyms! (I forget if that was confirmed or not).

But yeah, that second one is really interesting. Aloe's the 2nd leader right? Looks like a bar. How... exciting...

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom