• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How many digits of pi do you know?

How many digits?

• Total voters
Who the hell would bother to remember more than, like, 8?

Apparently a lot of people....

I only know 3.

I know it to 2 decimal places! :D

Please, there's no need for the applause. I'm just a regular person like you.

I'm the only one in the 60-99 category?

Sweet.

:)

My friend had a trick for memorizing the first nine digits of e.

It's 1828 - the year Andrew Jackson was elected President - two times - his number of terms!

Yes, I know some nerdy folk.

Lord, Zekurom and Miss Alex, I have no idea how you do it. I have 7 memorized:

That's all I've known since grade school. Never really bothered to look up any more though...

3.14159, I knew one or two more but I forgot them.

3.14. Sometimes it amazes me I'm a year ahead in math. Times like these make it seem impossible.

*high fives*

The only time that ever came even remotely unhandy was when I did an insanely huge calculation in my head just using 3.14, and the other kids used the Pi button on their calculator. Mine was technically "off" by a few decimal digits, so it took a while to sort that out.

But since I'm not exactly in the Olympiad (sp?) doing that level of stuff anymore, don't need any of those dozens of digits.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom