• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas for Gen VI Pokemon

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
Post any ideas/concepts/etc that you have or that you would like to see in Gen VI for the unrevealed Gen VI pokemon here in this thread.

However, to discuss and speculate on the revealed Gen VI pokemon, such as Xerneas, Yveltal or Sylveon, post in this thread here instead.

We've split the two thread topics from sharing a thread since they are going to get more and more muddled and cluttered as more new pokemon are revealed.

Have fun!

Some Pokémon, not necessarily legendaries, based on the famous movie monsters, such as Dracula, the Wolfman, and Frankenstein's monster, so that I could have a Monster-Mash team. S2

Also, a Hag Fish.

Here's a twist: Since there's been these kinds of threads for years and years, let's spice it up a bit. Have any of you ever thought of a kind of Animal/Plant/Object that they should add into the games that eventually became real? One common idea that many people wanted was the existence of a Zebra Pokemon. And it so happens that Gen V produced one. If you can pinpoint a couple, feel free to name them off.

Now, as for just ideas in general? I'd love to see a Ghost-type based on the reaper.

What about a Ghost/Grass Pumpkin and a Ghost/Fighting skeleton?

I'd also like Pokémon based on the Zodiac sign or slightly on Greek deities, but I don't think that is going to happen.

What about a Ghost/Grass Pumpkin and a Ghost/Fighting skeleton?

I'd also like Pokémon based on the Zodiac sign or slightly on Greek deities, but I don't think that is going to happen.

Grass/Ghost Jack-O'-Lantern is my favorite idea, bar none, especially if it can learn Fire attacks.

If not, then a Dullahan would be cool with me too.

I would like to say my bit about the starters now.

If this game is intended to be offensive, then they could go the route of "each starter hits the other two super-effectively" and give them all equal speed stats, meaning that it's a free for all for who wins.

Grass/Flying
Fire/Fighting
Water/Rock

1. We can finally have a grass "chick" pokemon like Torchic and Piplup. I suggest the kiwi bird, or some kind of Doduo rehash. This was my personal reason for setting the alternate types the way they are :)
2. Imagine the chaos in the pokemon community if there is a Blaziken #4! Hehe...
3. Grass starter has an equal chance to beat fire and water as it does to get beat by them, and the same for each.

For #3 to be a viable mechanic in the game, we have to be careful with how to set the stats of each final evolution. I propose:
Grass/Flying: 80/75/60/115/110/100
Fire/Fighting: 80/75/110/115/60/100
Water/Rock: 80/115/60/75/110/100

Water can hit grass on its weaker defense with its stronger offense and fire on its stronger defense with its stronger offense, grass can hit fire on its weaker defense with its stronger offense and water on its stronger defense with its stronger offense, and fire can hit water on its weaker defense with its weaker offense and grass on its stronger defense with its stronger offense.

Now, this clearly seems to establish a water=grass>fire hierarchy, but the only way to avoid this in some form would be to make all stats equal between pokemon. To correct for this, we turn to the movepool:

Grass/Flying: Quiver Dance
Fire/Fighting: Shell Smash
Water/Rock: Dragon Dance

Now, these are clearly the best boosting moves in the game, but of course! The starter pokemon are supposed to be excellent, and if there is any more power creep like with Gen 5, this will be necessary so we don't end up with more terrible Unova-esque starters.

At this point, I would consider the three starters more or less equal. But there are a few things that need to be addressed, in terms of moves that could potentially be abused:

Hidden Power - the fire and water starters will not learn this. The intention is to encourage them to use their secondary types, not just forget about them and use HP Grass or Ice
Ice Beam and all other ice type moves - the water starter will not learn this. same reasoning.

So, if the starter pokemon are supposed to be offensively threatening, I think this would be a good way to go about doing that without a clear winner emerging among them (see Swampert in RSE, Infernape in DPP)

But we already know the Starters...they're Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie.

An electric / fighting type humanoid with a massive hammer for an arm.

An electric / fighting type humanoid with a massive hammer for an arm.

That would be cool. The hammer, humanoid and electric made my think of Thor (from Norse Mythology). That would make an epic Legendary. I think there's so much untapped potential with electric type combos.

I want a bunch of unique type combos: Grass/Ghost, Electric/Fire, Electric/Psychic, Steel/Ghost Poison/Steel (Toxic Spikes on it would be cool), etc.
And more of some that have very few: Steel/flying, Steel/water, Dragon/Dark, Ground/Grass, Ghost/Ice

I also Love pokemon that have Branch evolutions and there's gotta be more!

I also want more fossils. Another Mammoth and Plesiosaur (Like lapras) would be cool. I think a Bronchiosaurus (Rock/Dragon)is overdue.

I think a Broccoli pokemon would be funny. Grass/Dark LOL

I wanna see a llama pokemon. Sadly the only type I could think of with it is normal though. I just want one, they're adorable.

A treant or mandrake based pokemon with Grass/Dark or Grass/Ghost typing. It could be a pseudo-legendary with impressive offenses 110Atk/130SpAtk/100Speed.

I would like a snowy owl pokemon, and another Dragonair/Rayquaza. Both with multiple evolutions.

Agreed. Can never have too many serpentine dragon types.

I'd like to see Pokemon based on dolphins and hammerhead sharks. I've been wanting to see those forever. XD

Edit:
final stage for Jynx as well. She's been due one since Magmar & Electabuzz got theirs.

Last edited:
Normal type Opossum with its evolution being Normal/Ghost. It's Normal and Ghost because Opossums are known for playing dead. Could be the generic Normal type at the beginning of the region.

I want to see a new Eeveelution named Sylveon! Its a great idea right?

I want to see a new Eeveelution named Sylveon! Its a great idea right?

Mike, that's a terrible idea. That'd be like having a frog-looking starter called Froakie.

Really, I just want an adorable new dolphin Pokemon. Oh, and I don't know why I got this idea, but a snowman. And a manticore, and a hippogriff.

Back
Top Bottom