• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas For New Pokemon

Banautilus- Banana Squid Pokemon.
Half Banana Half Squid - All Awesome

Bananaconda- Half Anaconda and Half... That's right you guessed it! Banana!!
It could have a banana rattle at its tail and its mouth could open out like a banana peeling rather than a normal jaw.

These Pokemon will the first two of the new and greatest type ever!! The Banana Type!!

i have other ideas for new pokemon. one is choking the evolution of weezing. it has three heads 1 small on the left, 1 small on the right, and a medeum sized head in the middle.

Take your pick:

Choaking - color by ~comfycushion87 on deviantART

Choaking___color_by_comfycushion87.jpg

CHOAKING by ~deidara-fuuka on deviantART

CHOAKING_by_deidara_fuuka.png

@snake1326 don't double post. If you want to say something extra then just edit your previous post instead.

- A Bug/Dark Cockroach with two evolutions and high defensive stats and HP.
- A Bug/Water moth evolution for Surskit
- A Dark/Flying final evolution for Honchkrow based upon the Yatagarasu myth.
- A Ghost/Fighting based on Skeletons
- A Ghost/Flying legendary based on "The Flying Dutchman"

Pokémon loosely based on deities like Lucario (Anubis) and Giratina (Lucifer), maybe a legendary trio:

- Ganesh (An whatever typed elephant thing)
- Odin (Fighting/Ice)
- Amaterasu (A Fire/Psychic wolf and yes, I'm thinking about Okami's Amaterasu hehe)

And a Fire/Eletric lion-dog based on Shiisaa

A pure Water type based on the Atlantic Tarpon.

It would naturally learn Bounce (Tarpon are well known for their leaps)

Also, I want more pokémon based on fish.

i have other ideas for new pokemon. one is choking the evolution of weezing. it has three heads 1 small on the left, 1 small on the right, and a medeum sized head in the middle.

Take your pick:

Choaking - color by ~comfycushion87 on deviantART

Choaking___color_by_comfycushion87.jpg

CHOAKING by ~deidara-fuuka on deviantART

CHOAKING_by_deidara_fuuka.png

@snake1326 don't double post. If you want to say something extra then just edit your previous post instead.

A Weezing evolution is something I haven't thought of before; however, because of its total base stats, I doubt it'll even get one because GF really doesn't want any Pokemon that's not a starter nor legendary to reach over 500. My vote goes to the first image because the second one is just pain overkill due to its dark typing.

As for Narwhal, I'll need to think of its stat distribution that suits it for its Water/Ice typing.

I don't know if I have posted this already if so my apologies but I have always been intrigued by the natural aspects of life so they could possibly make a trio based on this
1.The Natural Pokémon could be a Grass Type due to the fact that plants are a natural occurrence on the earth.
2.The Supernatural Pokémon could be a Ghost Type for the reason being that anything Supernatural always has to do with Ghost and such forth.
3.The Unnatural Pokémon could be a Psychic Type and my reasoning for this being is that fact that Psychics are always seen as weird and Unnatural.
Could be a unique and cool trio what do you guys think.

Last edited:
I had an idea for a Football-based Pokemon. Ever since we got that one pre-release Pokemon Musical Screen with Throh "disguised" with a happy face and a football, I've wanted one...especially if they continue the Regions based off America. It would also serve as a shout-out to the Gundam series, particularly the famous villain mook the Zaku II, since Pokemon's borrowed designs from famous anime before (see Snorlax and Munchlax, Purrloin and Liepard, and Salamence), and Gundam is a well-known series.

First form would be named Helmug, a Rock Type and it'd kind of resemble Roggenrolla, as well as a "Zaku" head...it'd basically be an old school football helmet made of rock, with little legs. It'd have a central glowing eye, like the Zaku, within that. They'd be special, though, as there would be two versions of it...a dark brown version, specializing in defense, while there would be a rarer version, 1/10, that'd be lighter red rock, and would have a little "crown" on its head, referencing Char's Custom Zaku from Gundam.

It'd have an evolution, which would be the first Rock/Fighting Type, and would look like a fully formed Zaku Mobile Suit, as well as a football player. Anyway, the normal ones would still focus on defense, but would be a little bulkier looking. The 1/10 Version would be the "quarterback", and would be more slender in appearance, and focus on attack and speed.

So, yeah, a Football/Gundam Pokemon. Why not?

No one likes my ideas? lol

I wish they make more pseudo-tributes for other Japanese series, specially tokusatsus. Like Tyranitar (Godzilla), Volcarona (Mothra), Carracosta (Gamera maybe?), Bisharp (Kaijin monsters from Kamen Rider/Super Sentai series), Hydreigon (King Ghidora), Muk (Hedorah maybe?).

What about a bug/fighting or dark/fighting based on Kamen Rider Black? Or a bug/dragon based on Kamen Rider Amazon?

PS. I think I am the only who watches this kind of show here.

Actually, the Squirtle line is a Gamera reference in the show, since it's done the "spinning around to fly" using Hydro Pump countless times. My Carracosta, however, is named Gamera.

Garchomp also resembles this Gamera monster I remember reading up on, and the Nidoran resemble some Godzilla monster as well.

I always though Ledian, if it ever evolved, should be Kamen Rider inspired, maybe an item evolution involving a scarf. People have pointed out it's resemblance to a Sentai Hero before, explaining why it learns so many Punching Attacks.

I had an idea for a Football-based Pokemon. Ever since we got that one pre-release Pokemon Musical Screen with Throh "disguised" with a happy face and a football, I've wanted one...especially if they continue the Regions based off America. It would also serve as a shout-out to the Gundam series, particularly the famous villain mook the Zaku II, since Pokemon's borrowed designs from famous anime before (see Snorlax and Munchlax, Purrloin and Liepard, and Salamence), and Gundam is a well-known series.

First form would be named Helmug, a Rock Type and it'd kind of resemble Roggenrolla, as well as a "Zaku" head...it'd basically be an old school football helmet made of rock, with little legs. It'd have a central glowing eye, like the Zaku, within that. They'd be special, though, as there would be two versions of it...a dark brown version, specializing in defense, while there would be a rarer version, 1/10, that'd be lighter red rock, and would have a little "crown" on its head, referencing Char's Custom Zaku from Gundam.

It'd have an evolution, which would be the first Rock/Fighting Type, and would look like a fully formed Zaku Mobile Suit, as well as a football player. Anyway, the normal ones would still focus on defense, but would be a little bulkier looking. The 1/10 Version would be the "quarterback", and would be more slender in appearance, and focus on attack and speed.

So, yeah, a Football/Gundam Pokemon. Why not?

It wouldn't be the first Rock/Fighting Type because Terrakion from the Musketeer Trio is already a Rock/Fighting Type. On a side note I like the idea you have it's pretty cool.

Last edited:
Actually, the Squirtle line is a Gamera reference in the show, since it's done the "spinning around to fly" using Hydro Pump countless times. My Carracosta, however, is named Gamera.

Garchomp also resembles this Gamera monster I remember reading up on, and the Nidoran resemble some Godzilla monster as well.

I always though Ledian, if it ever evolved, should be Kamen Rider inspired, maybe an item evolution involving a scarf. People have pointed out it's resemblance to a Sentai Hero before, explaining why it learns so many Punching Attacks.

Thanks for the reply.

I had never thought about Garchomp/Gamera, but I can see the resemblance. Ledian really looks like a Senta Hero now that you mentioned. It is a shame it is one of the weakest Pokémon to date, it sucks even in-game. An Bug/Fighting evolution would be an amazing present for the bug-lovers.

i have some ideas for some pokemon. spookeon. it evolves from eevee when you use a dusk stone on eevee. wingeon. evolves from eevee when you level up eevee up somewhere high. eartheon. it evolves from eevee when traded while eevee holds soft sand.

Maybe if you have an Eevee with max happiness and fly with it?

I also fought of a water/flying type based on a flamingo would be cool.

A lot of people suggest psychic for a Flamingo pokemon. Not sure why, maybe it's the pink colour? I think Water/Flying makes more sense though. I'm honestly surprised they haven't included one yet.

A lot of people suggest psychic for a Flamingo pokemon. Not sure why, maybe it's the pink colour? I think Water/Flying makes more sense though. I'm honestly surprised they haven't included one yet.

Actually, I think it's because of flamingo's uniqueness
They're pink birds (not exactly something common) and they have some skills like standing one on foot that many animals wouldn't be able to do
And psychics are unique animals most of the time
But again, it's my opinion
And Water/Fly does sound better suiting

@snake1326 : Once again, please stop doubling posting. You can quite easily edit your previous post if you want to say anything extra after its been posted.

Psychic is a definite for any peacock pokemon, imo.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom