• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If You Could Add One New or Previous Feature to SV What Would It Be?

Challenging the E4 in any order and not the fixed order we actually got.

Seriously why on earth did they go back to that. It’s not so much about variety or anything, but just that this always results in the first member being horribly easy because they will always be low levelled.

• The ability to return the Exp Share off
  • ALL TMs being unlimited use
  • The Battle Frontier
  • Being able to go into most people's homes
  • Pokemon Contests
  • Kind of want to see something like the Pokewalker again

Now that I've cleared the Area Zero story path and defeated AI Turo, I've made an expansion from my earlier list.
  • * Sidequests involving showing a certain Pokémon to NPCs for items.
  • ** Post-game sidequests to unlock Hisuian evolutions but requiring HOME connection. For example, showing a Wydeer can unlock a secret TM that can teach Stantler Psyshield Bash without the need of Egg Moves.
  • * Retain stealth captures from PLA, but as a penalty, if the Pokémon breaks out of a Ball, it attacks you and triggers a standard wild battle. The bonus for Quick Balls will only apply for standard battles to avoid stealth captures being too trivial.
  • * The game alerts you if a Shiny Pokémon is nearby.
  • * Item Synthesis for more than just TMs, in a similar vein to the Cram-o-Matic.
  • * You can have rematches with trainers found on the map once you complete The Way Home, preferably with stronger teams in the Level 50s.
  • * After unlocking the Academy Ace Tournament, gym leaders can be rematched daily (real life time).
  • ** If you bring an Ursaluna from Hisui (or Pokémon GO) into Paldea and/or unlock Peat Blocks, the next time you rematch Katy, you'll discover she has evolved her Ursaring into Ursaluna.
  • ** Speaking of the Academy Ace Tournament, I'd have it the same as we see now... but as a five-battle tournament with the first four challengers randomized (including Gym Leaders and Team Star leaders) before facing Geeta in a rematch. Essentially, a reversal of the Alola League.
  • * A successor to the Battle Chateau from XY, which allows you to battle (and have rematches with) various trainers for EXP, money, and advancing the Dex. You need to advance through the game's plot to get the higher and harder perks.
  • * Any Scatterbug/Spewpa imported from Bank and GO should be evolved into the originally intended Vivillon form instead of Fancy.
  • * Pa'u and Sensu Oricorio can be found freely.
  • * Have some dedicated area that simulates the Alola region, allowing Pikachu to evolve into Alolan Raichu. Bringing a Pokémon from PLA will unlock another area to simulate Hisui.
Yeah, intended coding didn't seem to work for me, so I apologize for the sloppiness of my post. And once again, some of the additions listed here are motivated by pragmatism.

Last edited:
This is not so much a gameplay or QoL thing, but it would've been nice to be able to decorate your dorm room. I loved Secret Bases in the Hoenn games, and how you could decorate your own Villa in Platinum. It would've been cool if they had brought that back, with the player being able to buy decoration items from the School Store, or being able to earn exclusive decoration items from completing story bits or sidequests. I partially came to this idea because (and this is a post-game spoiler) after defeating the Academy Ace Tournament for the first time, you're able to visit Nemona's, Penny's and Arven's dorm rooms and it's kinda unfair they have much cooler rooms than your own bland room. Particularly Penny.

This is not so much a gameplay or QoL thing, but it would've been nice to be able to decorate your dorm room. I loved Secret Bases in the Hoenn games, and how you could decorate your own Villa in Platinum. It would've been cool if they had brought that back, with the player being able to buy decoration items from the School Store, or being able to earn exclusive decoration items from completing story bits or sidequests. I partially came idea because (and this is a post-game spoiler) after defeating the Academy Ace Tournament for the first time, you're able to visit Nemona's, Penny's and Arven's dorm rooms and it's kinda unfair they have much cooler rooms than your own bland room. Particularly Penny.

I was legit expecting us to be able to do this and was disappointed that our dorm room is just a room with a bed for healing. Like, why even bother giving us one, they can put a healing spot somewhere else in the academy like near the front desk or the Nurse's office. Oh well, maybe they'll add this feature in the DLC.

Dumping post in here as well.

Not sure if there's another appropriate thread for this, but based on what we've seen in Scarlet and Violet, what else do you hope for Game Freak to do to flesh out future Pokemon games?

I personally adore the move to open world-ish with the Pokemon getting better textures and having a lot more natural animation like sleep and interacting with one another/hordes. Also the biomes are more well defined with appropriate Pokemon living there and the end of random grass encounters.

I would like diving and underwater exploration to return/be improved on. Although many Pokemon wouldn't be able to battle underwater, and you yourself would need a mask or some breathing equipment, I think it would be great for the growing immersion.

Similarly the sky could host the return of sky battles, and the expansion of trees hosting Pokemon could include climbing them, jumping from them etc. in a dense forest.

Then I think it'd be cool if all the trainers in the region were assigned to GF employees or inspired by VGC winners or fan contributions etc. so that they feel more alive. Standing there 24 hours a day with 1 Pokemon is kinda lame. When I say assigned I mean that they can come up with their own themes or likes etc. and then grow the team from a noob trainer to someone with experience as you move through the game.

For cities, I get that making hallways and rooms with no purpose is boring, so once again, give them purpose. A sanitation works place could have Grimer and Gulpin, factories could have Klinks. There may not be a national dex but you could collect 'cards' of each Pokemon that are held by different people, rooms etc. or expand the trainer section by each of them having a place they live! Have more people in the days than nights or it could just depend on the city - I feel like a lot could be done to make cities actually worth exploring and belonging in the world.

I didn't use the Let's Go feature until I beat the game but now I love it. We should be able to release more than one Pokemon - maybe up to 3. Kind of like the raiding of the team's bases. And although turn based battling can stay, they should really rework animations/texture order. I get that it's meant to suggest which Pokemon is faster etc. but find a better way of showing that to the player. It's 2022.

Similarly, please go back to or refine further PLA attack animations and since everyone now knows about EVs and IVs, make it easier to know what the values are not just a text and a graph.

I also feel like they should add more types of Pokeballs. Feels long overdue.

And my last suggestion for now would be to let all Pokemon that can be ridden, flown, sat etc on be used for doing those activities exploring. Would really again up the immersion and create a greater bond with your team.

Aside from Contests my beloved, probably going into people's houses and snooping through their trash. I don't know if pre-Gen 6 had anything in trash cans, but I like seeing the interiors of Pokémon houses. They're pretty.

Aside from Contests my beloved, probably going into people's houses and snooping through their trash. I don't know if pre-Gen 6 had anything in trash cans, but I like seeing the interiors of Pokémon houses. They're pretty.
it did. there were switches in the trash cans in Lt. Surge's gym, and there was a bunch of stuff in the trash in the SS Anne

Man tough question. I’d go with being able to enter houses though, L that we can’t do that anymore. Cities are feeling pretty barren nowadays

I've have to say...New rareballs. Or new pokeballs in general

Otherwise. I'd have to say a Battle Frontier for returning feature. Having options for endgame without having to buy DLC would be nice

The VS Recorder NEEDS to return to the mainline games. I don't understand why they would even remove such a useful feature :shrug:

Gameplay wise, I would say seasons. They really brought a whole new kind of aesthetic to the Generation 5 games, and I would love to see what Game Freak can do with the seasons mechanic in the newer games.

I can think of a few things. The shiny sparkle from Legends, the Side quest system from Legends. The national dex. If they could find a way to work noble battles into it, I'd love that but I don't think that'd happen.

But I feel like the biggest thing for me is the side quest system. While there are a lot of Pokemon in the world, the world feels otherwise very empty and lifeless.

I'd also like to see trainers that react to the players presence like in previous generations. Seriously, 90% of trainers in the game are skippable.

If nothing else, please return the 3DS Vs. Recorder to every mainline game. It is the most overlooked item in the entire series. You were able to use it as a sandbox to create any type of battle whatsoever and even had way more freedom in doing so if you had a second system or buddy to work with.

it did. there were switches in the trash cans in Lt. Surge's gym, and there was a bunch of stuff in the trash in the SS Anne

IIRC there were also Leftovers in the trash in the Celadon City restaurant in GSCHGSS.

I can think of a few things. The shiny sparkle from Legends, the Side quest system from Legends. The national dex. If they could find a way to work noble battles into it, I'd love that but I don't think that'd happen.

But I feel like the biggest thing for me is the side quest system. While there are a lot of Pokemon in the world, the world feels otherwise very empty and lifeless.

Yeah, LA's sidequest system is perfect and needs to be a permanent feature.

I'd also like to see trainers that react to the players presence like in previous generations. Seriously, 90% of trainers in the game are skippable.

That's... kind of the point. It's an open world game where you go wherever you want and do whatever you want, having too many mandatory trainer battles detracts from that and slows the pace down.

That's... kind of the point. It's an open world game where you go wherever you want and do whatever you want, having too many mandatory trainer battles detracts from that and slows the pace down.
Whether it is the point or not doesn't make it a good system. In my opinion, it really detracts from the game making enemies easily skippable.

Similarly the sky could host the return of sky battles, and the expansion of trees hosting Pokemon could include climbing them, jumping from them etc. in a dense forest.
I'd love the return of sky battles, but only if they take the time to not leave the Pokémon capable of participating in them in that really bland suspended gliding animation.
Now that a lot of the Pokémon's models affected by that (Tropius etc.) are back on the ground, I'd hate to see them stuck in the air forever again, just give us two models, one for in-air/sky battles, and one standard one on the ground.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom