• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Jackie Chan Adventures Mafia 2: The FoD & Larry Win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was AWESOME!!! I Invite all players to Homestar Runner SockPuppet Action Mafia after the holidays!!!!

I was lynched on a slow day...I wanna be mafia next time...AND I AM OUT FOR YOU NEXT GAME WE ARE BOTH IN, @PichuBoy!!!!

Everytime I see this thread title I am reminded of this:

[video=youtube;zZSFvntwgEQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZSFvntwgEQ[/video]

because of the "and Larry" part :p

Ratings:

@Hellion: 6/10

* Mostly used his ability to protect himself. And it worked twice.
* Was quickly established as Town due to Plushie's sacrifice.
* Pointed fingers at others during the start of the game but gradually became less active as the game went on.

@Aestivate: 6/10

* Unlucky in that a bandwagon was started against you randomly right after she was converted to Mafia.
* Enlightened me to Buoysel x PichuBoy. :3

@Hana ™: 4/10

* Really inactive.
* Indirectly revealed the rest of your trio.

@Mintaka: 8/10

* Been Mafia from Night 0 onwards.
* Helped Tarakudo decide the nightkills or converts right from the start.
* Even though you were mafia from the beginning, you wasn't suspected as much due to your behavior in-thread.

@Flame_: 3/10

* Couldn't really do much since you were killed Night 1.
* One of the reasons which led to you being targeted so early was because you didn't confirm your role sooner.

@Buoysel.: 7.5/10

* Active right from the start.
* Formed an alliance early on with, you guessed it, PichuBoy. :3
* After being converted, still was active and tried to lynch the Town. Which kinda backfired with TFSanta.

@Croag: 9/10

* Puns. Were. Amazing.
* Decently active throughout.
* After stealing a Mask, killed a Mafia and tried to help the town win. Though if you survived, you would have won the game all by yourself. ^^

@DrumBeats: 6/10

* Took a very big risk by contacting the mafia and trying to get himself converted.
* Didn't try to have a backup plan in case they targeted him.

@TFSanta: 5/10

* Not very active.
* Unintentionally took a Mafia with him.

@Paperhorse: 10/10

* Stayed true to your post restriction.
* Converting yourself back to town was the huge turning point in the game.
* Contacted the rest of the Town and discussed with them, especially CommanderPigg, who could be Tarakudo.
* Soon worked out Zenax was Tarakudo, but it was too late by that time.
* You kept filling up my inbox!
* Is definitely a standout player for this game.

@PichuBoy: 7/10

* Unfortunately, not a lot of players discussed privately at the start of the game. Hence your action failed every single time. :/ You should have used it on Paperhorse if you had survived in the later stage of the game. I wouldn't even know which posts to show you. xD
* Buoysel.
* Couldn't win along with the rest of the Mafia due to Croag.

@Zenax: 7.5/10

* Tarakudo himself.
* You had almost no suspicion on you for being Tarakudo for your very pro-Town posts. Though you did make a few slip-ups here and there.
* If it wasn't for the slip-ups, you might never have been considered as a suspect right till the end.

@Muk-a-matic: 7/10

* Anyone remember the random stuff he kept writing in the thread? xD And the really hilarious part, to me at least, was that everyone tried to solve it when it wasn't supposed to make any sense at all. xD
* Had everyone going for at least half the game.
* The mafia were reluctant to go for you because they thought the stuff you wrote meant something.
* But it ultimately led you to being lynched.

@Lord Ghirahim/@Mijzelffan: 2/10, 8/10

* The former was severely inactive while the latter was definitely not.
* Immediately on being subbed in, you read through the thread and made conclusions, most of which were more or less right.
* Made it public that you were part of a trio, which made the mafia avoid you as a conversion target.
* Was immediately nightkilled due to the threat you posed to them.

@N's brother: 7.5/10

* Was active till you died.
* Due to a clever move, worked out Shrinking Violet was a member of your trio.

@Plushie: 7/10

* Active.
* Took a chance with saving Hellion and was right. And that pretty much cleared the latter as well.

@Derier44: 4/10

* ...inactive...
* Used your ability and converted yourself to mafia during the game, I'll give you that. But after that, no word from you at all. :/
* The reason I didn't sub you was I thought you would be active after becoming mafia. But still nothing.

@Hadesiro: 6/10

* Mostly protected himself.
* Tried contacting other players early on, even though nothing came of it.
* Tried to weed out Tarakudo near the end.

@shadow the hedgehog6/@Iteru: 5/10, 7/10

* The former was mostly inactive.
* Taiki used his post restriction nicely. It sounded weird coming from you. :p
* Didn't contact Mijzelffan.
* After being converted to mafia, immediately used his mafia ability to ensure Paperhorse would die and thus pretty much a mafia victory.

@Smasher 101: 6/10

* Was lost a bit during the game.
* You should've tried contacting a few players.

@Santa in Plain Sight: 7.5/10

* Even though was mafia from Night 1, you kept a little bit of suspicion off of yourself during the early stages of the game.
* Tried to make use of your mafia ability, hence quite a number of posts in the thread.

@bluesun: 5/10

* Didn't make full use of your ability. Never contacted many players.

@Shiny Celebi: 7/10

* Didn't actively try to get the J-Team eliminated.
* You didn't try to get any of them lynched, even though you knew most of them was mafia.
* Even though most of them died fortunately, didn't try to get HiPS lynched.

@mewstone/@CommanderPigg: 5/10, 8/10

* mewstone tried converting people occassionally, though they were the wrong choices.
* CommanderPigg formed an alliance with Paperhorse and attempted to convert the confirmed mafia members.
* Lied about your role, but Zenax saw through it. Hence, you getting killed soon.

@Neonsands: 6/10

* Couldn't be active much.
* When accused of being mafia, made a convincing argument about your innocence.
* Didn't use your ability much.

Questions. ^^

How did you like the concept of the game?
Phase changes?
Roles and abilities?
Post restrictions?

Last edited:
Aww, thanks for the rating JJM! I had pun with the funs.

It was really unique, and something I haven't seen been done before.

Phase changes?
Good! Really efficiant timings, too.

Roles and abilities?
These were great. I liked my role, and how the oni masks add on another role too is really great.

Post restrictions?
Great too! I like how they were used to work out who was and wasn't Tarakudo, too.

10/10? you're too kind :)

I really liked it, as I thought it was unique. It definitely made things harder to figure out, because everyone seemed like an innocent to me, because most started off as innocent!

Phase changes?

I liked the write ups with the phase changes, especially how you gave us some hints in them. They were well written and clever.

Roles and abilities?

I loved my ability, especially since I was able to use it to attempt at winning the game. Even though, that didn't go as well as I hoped it would lol. The masks kind of confused me though, I kept losing track to how many there were.

And I thought it was clever to keep Tarakudo's identity hidden.

Post restrictions?

Interesting; made the game more fun, and it helped confirm who was innocent. Lo siento for my bad Spanish :p

It was pretty good. Im not at all farmiliar with Jackie Chan Adventures, so it was kind of confusing,but still interesting.
Phase changes?
No problem with the Phase changes at all.
Roles and abilities?
Really interesting. My role was a little bit difficult for me especially the win condition, but still it was a good,and interesting role.
Post restrictions?
Some of these were pretty funny and entertaining, but mine was a little bit hard to work with, which was why I tended to lazily tack it on to the end of my post once every day phase( sorry about that Im not the most terribly creative and clever person), but ultimately it saved me since it convinced the Town that I was innocent rather than Mafia or Independant since I had them convinced that I "loved Jade".

Oh wow, 8/10 was definitely not what I was suspecting since I only wound up converting one person anyways XD Thank you!

One of the best I've ever played to be honest. We had to be on our toes all the time and trust NO ONE. It really was a test of our bluffing and strategic abilities. I had fun.

Phase changes?
They were good. I liked how they were written, but they weren't necessarily memorable since it's been forever since I saw JCA XD

Roles and abilities?
Also really good. The oni masks were a good source of secondary abilities. Tarakudo's death requirement still made it kinda hard for the town to win though :<

Post restrictions?
Kinda gave hints to roles in the story, but they didn't feel needed since roles weren't all that important in the game anyways XD But they were kinda fun :p

Thanks for the rating. ^^

• How did you like the concept of the game?
I'm a bit biased since I was Tarakudo, but I loved it. The conversions kept the town on edge as they had no idea who was who or if the confirmed innocents were still innocent two phases later, and even the people who were converted back to town couldn't leak my identity.
  • Phase changes?
The time didn't really bother me since I was at school when they happened. I liked the flavor text.
  • Roles and abilities?
Awesome. The roles were very original and well thought.
  • Post restrictions?
Interesting and annoying in that it helped the town to find me. There should be more of these.

Wasn't in it for long, but it was an interesting mechanic twist that didn't step too far away from the norm, which is good in my book.

Phase changes?

I'm usually free at 3pm, so it was good for me.

Roles and abilities?

Mine sucked because one of them was dead when I got it. Wouldn't have minded if mine didn't need 2 other players alive to work. Maybe if one of them was still alive we'd get a bonus but not to the extent of 2?

Post restrictions?

I deeply loathed my one because I cannot talk gangsta at all, bros! I will say that I didn't notice Pigg's but did notice Paperhorse's and Shiny Celebi's.

For my first, it was AWESOME!

Phase changes?

I like 24 Hr. Changes now, will do that in my games.

Roles and abilities?

Mine was a noob role, so I supplemented it with a smoke-out. I had figured out that Zenax was Tarakudo, but no one asked me privately what my posts meant, so I could have won the game if I was not voted off.(I know, I should have told someone... But If i told the wrong person, i would die anyway.) I also tried the pity beg strategy in order to test the weaknesses of character of the players for future reference(I have been documenting you all for future mafia games, bwahaha!!)

Post restrictions?

No thank you. But they were funny...

PS: Thank you for a good rating in my first mafia game, J J M !!!

Roles and abilities?

Mine sucked because one of them was dead when I got it. Wouldn't have minded if mine didn't need 2 other players alive to work. Maybe if one of them was still alive we'd get a bonus but not to the extent of 2?

Actually, since Aestivate was dead, it would've worked even with just you and Mijzelffan.

I really liked it, I'm kinda just repeating the same stuff as others with the whole unique, having-to-think and everything. :p

Phase changes?
I personally prefer 48-hour days and 24-hour nights, but this seems to be the norm around here, and it does work.
Also, the flavour text (well, the stuff that I read since I have a short attention span :3) was really good.

Roles and abilities?
;.; I liked them, the whole 'Tarakudo-being-hidden' thing worked well. That was one of the main things that I was worried about - people getting converted back to town and just outing Tarakudo. Nice way of getting around that. Also, the one-time Oni-Mask abilities were balanced just right to be used alongside regular abilities. :)

Post restrictions?
I did think there were probably a little too many (nearing the end, it seemed like EVERYONE had a post restriction), but the ones that were there were good. I didn't get how post restrictions led to being clear later on in the game, but then, I was kinda just skipping to the phase changes and only skimming the posts.

Overall, a really good game. Really enjoyed it :D

Very interesting and fitting the theme.

Phase changes?
I'm not really a fan of extending phases unless it's irl issue, but overall, it was okay.

Roles and abilities?
Balancing was very well done. Tarakudo had strengths but he wasn't invincible. My role, eck, I could have made use of it. -_-;

Post restrictions?
A bit too many, but fitting the characters and from what I see, they weren't too difficult to achieve for those not familiar with the series.

Mine was a noob role, so I supplemented it with a smoke-out. I had figured out that Zenax was Tarakudo, but no one asked me privately what my posts meant, so I could have won the game if I was not voted off

I find that hard to believe since Zenax did such a good job hiding his identity.

Post restrictions?
Kinda gave hints to roles in the story, but they didn't feel needed since roles weren't all that important in the game anyways XD But they were kinda fun :p

They were mostly just intended to be kind of a bonus to all those familiar with the series. So they can try to figure out the character from it. ^^ And knowing their role is fine in a game like this since it doesn't necessarily prove their alliance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom