• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Johto GF

Misty is way older than May,yet she was mentioned in DP

Yeah, and she got a 5 second mention in the form of a lure. The writers haven't given Misty a real appearance since 2005 over 280+ episodes ago.

I mean is this some kind of a joke? I can't think of anything that made as big an impact in the series as the introduction of Contests.

The problem is some of you were not in the fandom when AG was airing, so you guys don't know what we talked about back then. Dogasu's site pretty much reveals the obvious.

That has nothing to do with "favoring" a character... Misty was a sidekick, May was between sidekick to star, Dawn was a star
This is the only true answer

LOL, it's not.

that's because the show is progressing and the more we progress, the more things get complex. they brought brand new things back in hoenn that no one would have thought could happen. they brought even MORE new things in sinnoh that, once again, no one would have thought could happen.

same thing goes for the games.

it's progression... which means the b/w girl will be even MORE starry than dawn.

The introduction of the series made a bigger impact, I'd presume,

After that. After Kanto, nothing else made the show change as much as the introduction of May and Contests.

Technically May could have bombed like Tracey and Ash's Johto Pokemon did, but this was the first time the opposite happened, and the replacement became incredibly popular. Unlike Tracey and the Johto starters, which didn't become more popular than Brock or Ash's Kanto team.

Technically May could have bombed like I believe Tracey and Ash's Johto Pokemon did, but this was the first time the opposite happened, and the replacement became incredibly popular. Unlike Tracey and the Johto starters, which didn't become more popular to me than Brock or Ash's Kanto team.

This thread is so broken. I keep having to fix things!

This thread is so broken. I keep having to fix things!

Perhaps. But overall we know Tracey isn't as popular as Brock was, Ash's Johto Pokemon never reached Bulbasaur/Squirtle/Charizard's popularity, and that May and Contests in general became the most popular part of the show while AG was airing.

Same reason Drew/Harley were more popular than Zoey/Kenny.

Some things are just fairly obvious.

Misty vs May vs Dawn, who cares?

All girls were great, all have fans, all cause a lot of controversy. Everyone has their own opinion. People think Gliscor is a god, people think Gible is one too.

People think Ursula is the perfect wife, people think Paul is too epic for words.

Whatever floats your boat, to each its own, now back to the topic at hand! :)

Oh my, someone seems to have forgotten that they're stating opinions, not facts!

Well do you believe so? Things that become popular in the series are obvious.

Same reason Contests became a staple of the series after Hoenn, and why the writers bring May back over Misty/Tracey/Max.

Do you think that May saw the Sinnoh GF anyway?Even if we didn't saw her?Then she could probably copy the "LEAFEONGlaceon with mother effin WINGS"strategy.

I don't actually think that May did see Dawn's GF. They could have easily spared a second if they wanted her to. This also shows that May wasn't so important to Dawn after all, especially as they showed Lila. Ursula however was shown :p

May needs her own da sparklez combos before she can use any more "Gonna fuck your shit up" combos. A balance is required.

Maybe sparkles aren't as important to contests overall.

You know that they are :p
Especially as Zoey used sparklez in her matches...
Seeing May using more sparklez is development on her part.

Each female got more airtime because pokemon just wanted to acquire a vaster audience. They are all equal in importance. Sure Dawn and May acquired more screen time. But Misty was important in other aspects towards Ash's growth. The show wouldn't be where it is today without any of them. Now lets move on. I myself would like to see the outcome. I don't think it'll happen... but this is the first time we are in this situation and all so I don't think it'd be a bad idea. What's the harm in mentioning the outcome and taking 2 minutes out of an episode? Lol (I'm going to get a little backlash for this but I'm only doing it as a joke ;)) is it hard to take 2 minutes away from Dawn's going away party??? :)

Each female got more airtime because pokemon just wanted to acquire a vaster audience. They are all equal in importance. Sure Dawn and May acquired more screen time. But Misty was important in other aspects towards Ash's growth. The show wouldn't be where it is today without any of them. Now lets move on. I myself would like to see the outcome. I don't think it'll happen... but this is the first time we are in this situation and all so I don't think it'd be a bad idea. What's the harm in mentioning the outcome and taking 2 minutes out of an episode? Lol (I'm going to get a little backlash for this but I'm only doing it as a joke ;)) is it hard to take 2 minutes away from Dawn's going away party??? :)

That doesn't make any sense, the more important characters tend to get more screentime and focus.

Then it's possible to get rid of Dawn and give this next female even more screen time. "Thats not how advertising works." Shut it. If you were so smart then you'd own your own damn multimillion dollar show.

besides that isn't what this discussion is about anyway. I said afterwards what i'd think about seeing the Johto GF. Do you have any questions about my opinion about that? Or just more Dawn goggling.

Then it's possible to get rid of May and give this next female even more screen time. "Thats not how advertising works." Shut it. If you were so smart then you'd own your own damn multimillion dollar show.

I never said it wasn't possible to drop Dawn.

I don't even get why they made Jasmine a coordinator in the games anyway. She really never seemed the contest type.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom