• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Johto GF

I would really really like to see this too,that will show people that still prefer the AG contest that DP is how the game is supposed to be played.

Exactly. When May came back for the Wallace Cup we only really saw a sparkly Silver Wind and a shining Morning Sun. We need more combinations from her and da sparklez everywhere.

Lol at Scott's comment.

Well the writers have always favored May over Misty,

The writers =/= you
Shocking, huh?

(as well as a good chunk of the fanbase, lol)

"fanbase", stupid word that Scott randomly uses to prove his personal opinion is a fact
Also, I remember how much Scott tried to convince everyone that May will stay since the writers prefer her over Misty while some people here were happy to see her leave...
Seriously, all characters are loved equally - each character has their fans and haters and after all - the target audience doesn't care about things like this, they just watch the show and enjoy it since they get to see Pokémon in action
So shut up

Old characters from old arcs don't need any focus.

Old main characters are NEVER forgotten (no, Misty wasn't forgotten at all, only in your crazy mind)
Also, Gary says hello, Jessiebelle too... oh, and Jasmine...

they're not going to keep track of separate traveling characters.

"keep track"... as if saying a few words to reveal May's GF place is anything big or special
You're insane

But at the least, I would certainly expect to see a tiny bit more of May than Misty for as long as the show goes on for. But I wouldn't expect anything from either next arc as Dawn will get any and all cameos.

I guess both May and Dawn might appear together in the BW series to come to participate in some Wallace Cup thing together with the BW heroine Coordinator

Take a look at the "High Touch" opening, where May is right in the middle and closest to the screen of all the older characters, whereas Misty is shoved behind May and Gary.

LOL!!!!!! Scott really likes to make fun of himself... he's almost a rival to "Queen Cynthia"... only less manly

PUSA even cut Misty out of the dub opening.

Coincidence due to changing wide screen to full screen, which they don't do anymore... -_-

The point is that although I think its highly unlikely for May's contest story to get any follow-up, its that IF the writers had a choice, we would probably see a tiny bit about it.

I think you have a secret agenda....

But if Dawn leaves too, then no, we'll probably just see Dawn cameo and that's it.

I'm bored with this record, I think it's broken.

Old main characters are NEVER forgotten (no, Misty wasn't forgotten at all, only in your crazy mind)
Also, Gary says hello, Jessiebelle too... oh, and Jasmine...

They won't be forgotten, they just appear rarely. Misty/Max/Tracey got virtually nothing in DP, while May got 4 episodes. Next gen, we probably won't see May at all and only Dawn will cameo.

Coincidence due to changing wide screen to full screen, which they don't do anymore... -_-

Serious question:

When have the writers ever favored Misty over May? I'm being serious when asking this.

I can't think of a single time in the series Misty was given better screentime or spotlight than May got. When Misty was in AG, sure the Mirage Kingdom eps were about her and May hardly did anything in those, but that was it. Even those Pallet eps focused a lot on May, such as deciding to travel with Ash in Kanto, and May worrying about Max in the last.

Dawn will leave. Dawn will leave.

Keep reaping that so that when it does not happen you get traumatized from the shock. It will make things funnier.

May will not appear again. She had her last guest appearance, just like Misty in AG.

Yup, thanks alot Gils, you just opened up a can of worms. Just what till the Misty Brigade arrives, then all hell will break loose.

Keep reaping that so that when it does not happen you get traumatized from the shock. It will make things funnier.

I'll believe Dawn will leave unless proven otherwise. Not by you, but by the writers.

May will not appear again. She had her last guest appearance, just like Misty in AG.

I agree.

Guys, let's have fun with this thread, as a respect to May and Contestshipping, let's not ruin this thread, it has a lot of great potential.

Ok, so, does anyone think May will actually win, it shouldn't take her 4 Grand Festivals to win 1.

How do you think May would win, and does her beating Solidad and Drew look believable champion wise.

Ok, so, does anyone think May will actually win, it shouldn't take her 4 Grand Festivals to win 1.

How do you think May would win, and does her beating Solidad and Drew look believable champion wise.

Hmm,I don't know,I don't think she will win this one,she still isn't a master of da sparklez,and what if she has a new rival?is marina in johto right now?she is apparently a serious thread.

I do feel like she can beat Solidad,through,it looks like she is using her head more now.

Exactly why would that be her last?
Misty appeared before Battle Frontier, as well.
Not just in Hoenn.

I can't think of a single time in the series Misty was given better screentime or spotlight than May got.

That has nothing to do with "favoring" a character... Misty was a sidekick, May was between sidekick to star, Dawn was a star
This is the only true answer

I want Dawn to stay, I'd like to be proved wrong... but I also use my brain and realize she's very likely to win and I know it's best to prepare for the worst
I'll enjoy the BW series anyway like always, so I don't really care so much...
I enjoy whatever they do, unlike some crazy people here who make a big deal of everything in a kids cartoon... apparently it's manly to do that

Hello Scott2!

So... why are we talking about Misty and Dawn in a May thread? oh yeah, Scott caused it and later he'll say how people can't discuss one of the girls without bringing up the other girls... -_-

Exactly why would that be her last?
Misty appeared before Battle Frontier, as well.
Not just in Hoenn.

Misty technically only got 4 full episodes in AG, May got 4 full in DP, so it makes sense.

That has nothing to do with "favoring" a character... Misty was a sidekick, May was between sidekick to star, Dawn was a star

Yet is it still now examples of the writers favoring the character? When AG was airing Contests became so popular so quickly as did May, that the writers seemingly gave up on Misty as the series progressed.

Why do you think DP is ending and Misty was flat-out ignored the entire arc? They had no problems bringing May back, or focusing on the character every so often.

I don't think that May would win this Grand Festival. I won't say why though, as this is a May thread.

I would like to see her win a match with Glaceon though now that it is more accustomed to its current stage.

I don't think that May would win this Grand Festival. I won't say why though, as this is a May thread.

I don't want her to win either. That being said I doubt May will be seen or mentioned at all in the last DP eps. She is becoming a very old character now.

Who told you that lie? Misty, May, and Dawn were all what the fans perceived them to be in their personal way. There isn't one correct answer, or one correct person. I completely disagree with this.

From your point of view Piplup, not every member of the fanbase. I loved all girls, and believe they all contributed a lot to this show.

So, your logic is flawed dude.

I wonder if the writers took Ash off the show out of nowhere what the fans would think?

From your point of view Piplup, not every member of the fanbase. I loved all girls, and believe they all contributed a lot to this show.

However its true that each of them got more screentime than the previous. May didn't get as much screentime as Dawn did, saying otherwise is a lie. Likewise Misty got less than both of them.

However its true that each of them got more screentime than the previous. May didn't get as much screentime as Dawn did, saying otherwise is a lie. Likewise Misty got less than both of them.

True, the girls screentime has increased with each saga, to deny it would foolish IMO.

I don't want her to win either. That being said I doubt May will be seen or mentioned at all in the last DP eps. She is becoming a very old character now.

Misty is way older than May,yet she was mentioned in DP

I would like to see Glaceon in its maximum capabilities too.Do you think that May saw the Sinnoh GF anyway?Even if we didn't saw her?Then she could probably copy the "LEAFEONGlaceon with mother effin WINGS"strategy.

But does screentime really matter sometimes. By that logic, Zoey is more popular than Ursula and Harley combined.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom