• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kami Trio receiving new formes in upcoming games: CoroCoro cover reveals possible new

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kami Trio receiving new formes in upcoming games: CoroCoro cover reveals possible

May I draw everyone's attention to the fact there are two new Gym Leaders and the fact the half of the region is a bloody glacier.

It is not the same game anymore.

Sure, there may be Poké Transfer with B/W included to the list, but it would probably be difficult to make the two communicate. D/P/Pt was probably based off of a heavily modified Gen III engine, but they couldn't battle etc.

It's still Pokémon, and it's still the same generation. They can make the two communicate, they've done a more primitive version before. Technology's gone forward in the past twelve years, they actually probably could make them battle and whatnot.

Yes, there are two newly revealed gym leaders and undoubtedly many more new characters. Yes, half the region has ice stuck to it. In Emerald, there was a new gym leader and champion. Was there any doubt then that they would not be fully compatible with RS? No, and I don't see why there should be here. HGSS didn't feature Sinnoh in the slightest, but could we not still trade between it and DP? There have been more drastic changes within generations. Frankly, I don't understand why it is you think they can't manage this. They obviously can, and there's no evidence whatsoever to the contrary.

Re: Kami Trio receiving new formes in upcoming games: CoroCoro cover reveals possible

The Entralink is what confuses me. Unless they've got Driftveil's new data in BW, will players of BW2 see someone walking two meters above the ground or through a tree while they've got their C-Gear on?

The thing is that forme changes are not that problematic to create even if they are story based. But the creation of an altogether new pokemon is rather ambitious especially if it is only for a third version (in this case sequel). I don't know I am sticking to my knight theory until this leak is cleared up, other wise we are grasping at smoke.

It's not grasping at smoke. The Original Dragon was heavily referenced in BW. A new Pokemon can be handled much the same way GSC handled communications with RBY. It's actually not that difficult for Game Freak to figure it out given that they've done it already.

I think you may have misunderstood me. I do know they have made references to the original dragon and I do believe they will reveal it to us in some way. What I meant was the evidence being used, the leak, for proving are thoughts was causing us to grasp at smoke. Speculation is something everyone does, but you need some material to back it up. If the evidence does support the view it is still speculation because an official source has not come up to prove otherwise. Since the leak is not providing a large amount of information it might be wise to go ahead with our views with a grain of salt.

The Entralink is what confuses me. Unless they've got Driftveil's new data in BW, will players of BW2 see someone walking two meters above the ground or through a tree while they've got their C-Gear on?

Actually, that's an interesting point that I hadn't considered. Perhaps the Entralink won't be in BW2.

Actually, that's an interesting point that I hadn't considered. Perhaps the Entralink won't be in BW2.

I had the same thought with the dream world. Are they going to abandon something so soon after working a great deal on it? But we see that the Dream World is being modified, so chances are Game Freak will find a way to incorporate the Entralink. However the moat did dry up from what I have seen. Either way I am confident they will find a solution to it. One of which is that the Entralink may work between the B/W2 versions but not between B/W2 towards the original B/W.

I had the same thought with the dream world. Are they going to abandon something so soon after working a great deal on it? But we see that the Dream World is being modified, so chances are Game Freak will find a way to incorporate the Entralink. However the moat did dry up from what I have seen. Either way I am confident they will find a solution to it. One of which is that the Entralink may work between the B/W2 versions but not between B/W2 towards the original B/W.

Or, assuming BW2 has the BW data, BW2 players can go backwards but not vice versa.

Or, assuming BW2 has the BW data, BW2 players can go backwards but not vice versa.

Another rational possibility, but won't it seem odd? Player 1 has B/W2 and goes into Player 2's B/W but Player 2 can't go into B/W2? It seems rather one-sided and Pokemon was about bringing people together hence the point of trades in R/B/Y. But then again most people these days have both versions so it may not be a problem.

Another rational possibility, but won't it seem odd? Player 1 has B/W2 and goes into Player 2's B/W but Player 2 can't go into B/W2? It seems rather one-sided and Pokemon was about bringing people together hence the point of trades in R/B/Y. But then again most people these days have both versions so it may not be a problem.

It's not like the traditional third version mentality, my guess is the vast majority of people will get at least one of both sets.

It's not like the traditional third version mentality, my guess is the vast majority of people will get at least one of both sets.

Stop quoting me, everyone. It raises my hopes when I receive a notification but find out it has nothing to do with creepy Latias nurses.

Maybe Driftveil City won't be accessible when traveling to a BW2 Entralink...

First time to see the gendered legendary Pokémon with new formes... Kami Trio (all male-only) is the first case... Somewhat weird, but if the Tornadus' new forme comes with a new set of wings in his back while retaining original design such as hands, he would remind me of the Gundam Wing or something. But all Kami-Trio members, even Thundurus and Landorus, would looking weird in their new formes if I wouldn't be wrong..

Wait a minute.

Jo forgot to mention that there is an addition.

"In addition, there are some more leaks from CoroCoro. First off, Pokéwood, which is a portmonteau of "Pokémon" and "Hollywood", is to replace Pokémon Musical in Black 2 and White 2. Second, Cheren, one of the rivals in Black and White, is to be a gym leader in Black 2 and White 2. Finally, a facility is to be in the games where various other leaders from the past, including Brock, Misty, Lance and others, appear."

I found this bit of information on Serebii.net.

Dang it! With that amount of new info floating around, from multiple sites, It's making is less and less possible for it to be fake. The Genie Trio's new forms are completely unnecessary and ugly in my opinion...

Wait a minute.

Jo forgot to mention that there is an addition.

"In addition, there are some more leaks from CoroCoro. First off, Pokéwood, which is a portmonteau of "Pokémon" and "Hollywood", is to replace Pokémon Musical in Black 2 and White 2. Second, Cheren, one of the rivals in Black and White, is to be a gym leader in Black 2 and White 2. Finally, a facility is to be in the games where various other leaders from the past, including Brock, Misty, Lance and others, appear."

I found this bit of information on Serebii.net.

Dang it! With that amount of new info floating around, from multiple sites, It's making is less and less possible for it to be fake. The Genie Trio's new forms are completely unnecessary and ugly in my opinion...

I don't know, I think I like them better than the default versions.

You can't really call something unnecessary when you know absolutely nothing about the role they may or may not play.

Yeah, with these new formes we might actually get a story.

Lmao. Just heard about this. My first reaction was "WTF?". Hopefully there's something interesting to this.

Okay, these guys do look funny.
Which means I need to think of funny nicknames for them.
So in a roundabout way, I do approve of this.

You can't really call something unnecessary when you know absolutely nothing about the role they may or may not play.

Judging by the fact that the placeholder data for them was not present, Game Freak was not planning on creating them in the first place and seems to be an afterthought after BW's production to promote the AR-Searcher.

With that said, even if they could play a role in the game's plot (which is unlikely given how they are obtained), they are unnecessary as their conception seems to be to promote the AR-Searcher.

Although these forms look amusing (especially Landorus to me), I'm still not convinced this is an actual leak by the extra bits of information provided (not to mention that the quality of the things that already appeared looks a bit suspicious to me, but whatever). I'd wait a bit more to see if this is true or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom