• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Keep/Change/Delete

The move itself is cool; the execution of it is pretty niche. Still, I would rather it stay around; Pokémon is a game of knowledge and unpredictability after all, and there's no telling when a so-called gimmick move becomes common occurrence. :wynaut:

Tidy Up

Keep. I don't think it really needs changing, as it stands it offers a pretty good Ground option for many non-Ground-types. (Or a decent Ground-type STAB alternative if you can't get Earthquake for whatever reason.)

Shadow Tag/Arena Trap

Keep as is. I really like it (despite how infuriating it can sometimes be to be on the receiving end of it lol).
Usually I don't enjoy it much when good moves are exclusive to only a select few Pokémon that can learn them, but due to just how strong it is, I feel like giving Spore to the mushroomy Pokémon alone was a nice thematic choice that gives them a unique edge in battle.

Sludge Wave

Keep, it is just a low power staple Water move especially on Squirtle

Bubblebeam

Change — give it back the 33% chance of lowering Speed that it originally had in Gen I. If it's going to just be a slightly stronger version of Bubble, why not go the extra mile to make it stand out?

Moody

Change - take away the evasiveness part to make it less banworthy on Smogon metagames. And give it to more Pokemon.

Speed Boost

Keep. It may be busted on Blaziken, but every other Pokemon that gets it tends to be underpowered and really benefits from having it. Maybe I'd just give Blaziken a different Hidden Ability, but then that's more of a change on Blaziken than on Speed Boost.

Gorilla Tactics

Change - make it increase the bonus of a choice item if held by the mon with the ability, essentially forcing it to use that to get any benefit from it, instead of having it be a free choice item but also let it hold any other item too

Prankster

Keep. The Dark type interaction in Generation VII was very welcome, but I don't think it needs any more modifications.
Change - take away the evasiveness part to make it less banworthy on Smogon metagames. And give it to more Pokemon.
Moody has already been changed to not affect either accuracy or evasiveness stats starting Generation VIII.

Swallow

Change. Heal more, heal all status (volatile and not), boost defensive stats even more. And it will still not be viable enough I am afraid, Spit Up needs buffs too

Grass Pledge

Keep. We actually need more moves that hit for super-effective where they would hit for the opposite otherwise. A grass move that hits for super effective on fire would be hilarious.

Moxie.

Back
Top Bottom