• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

League/Elite 4 speculation, Ash saving his best Pokemon for later?

Although I admit that during the Sinnoh league attention will be probably focused on sinnoh pokemon + those seen in last opening shot, I think that there is a high chance for older Pokemon - including Kanto starters - to come back for possible Elite 4 challenge. If Ash was to battle strongest trainers from given region that would be unprecedented event so it would seem reasonable to allow all of Ash's Pokemon to participate in even only one battle.

And I would also like to know why there is a belief that Charizard can't travel (more precisely: fly) to Sinnoh from valley? Squirtle's case is a greater
problem but if writers decides to bring it I think they will find a way...

10 years ago, I never believed Ash would face the Elite 4. (Although when I was younger, I kinda thought Ash would battle Lance back in the old Kanto/Johto era)

Even 5 years ago, I never believed Ash would face the Elite 4.

However since the Lucian ep in DP, followed by all of Cynthia's appearances, then Aaron's appearance, and the pretty much confirmed future appearance of Bertha and Flint, I think the writers are hitting us over the head with it.

The writers are clearly gearing up to have Ash win the Sinnoh League and go on after to battle the Sinnoh Elite 4. I fully expect Ash to bring back all his strongest pokemon to do so.

I'd hate to see Ash not make it to the Elite 4 now. It's been so long.
12 whole years, 4 leagues (if you count Orange), seeing Ash do well against Agatha (except for using Quick Attack on Gengar), + the battle frontier wins. It's about time.

However since the Lucian ep in DP, followed by all of Cynthia's appearances, then Aaron's appearance, and the pretty much confirmed future appearance of Bertha and Flint, I think the writers are hitting us over the head with it.

The writers are clearly gearing up to have Ash win the Sinnoh League and go on after to battle the Sinnoh Elite 4. I fully expect Ash to bring back all his strongest pokemon to do so.

I'm not sure how Bertha is confirmed, but I would imagine that Flint will appear when Ash finally gets to Sunnyshore City. I honestly don't think that having these appearances by Cynthia and the Elite 4 members is a way to build up for Ash challenging them. I took it more as the writers using more video game characters in the series. Besides that, Cynthia also appears more often during the storyline of D/P/Pl than most of the previous champions, which would explain why she also appears more often than the other champions in the series.

As I mentioned before, I don't see Ash challenging the Sinnoh Elite 4 at all. It's a possibility, but I don't think that a few appearances confirms much of anything. Right now, it's merely fan speculation to me. If there were images of the Elite 4 and Cynthia in the new opening about the Sinnoh League, that would be more solid evidence to support this fan theory than just a few appearances throughout Ash's Sinnoh journey.

I'd hate to see Ash not make it to the Elite 4 now. It's been so long.
12 whole years, 4 leagues (if you count Orange), seeing Ash do well against Agatha (except for using Quick Attack on Gengar), + the battle frontier wins. It's about time.

Yeah. But I doubt he will win.

I do admit if the four trainers they show there are Ash's challengers in the league i see him destroying Conway who honestly i had no effing clue was competing in the Sinnoh league then going up against Nando, top four against Barry and then the finals with Paul which after the loss he suffered last time he's gonna have a hard time but come on they can't let Paul win the League so okay I was skeptical before but it does look like Ash may actually be going up against the Elite 4.

I do admit if the four trainers they show there are Ash's challengers in the league i see him destroying Conway who honestly i had no effing clue was competing in the Sinnoh league then going up against Nando, top four against Barry and then the finals with Paul which after the loss he suffered last time he's gonna have a hard time but come on they can't let Paul win the League so okay I was skeptical before but it does look like Ash may actually be going up against the Elite 4.

I agree with that. Ash will probably face all his rivals.

I think you people just really want to see the old pokemon. you don't really have a good reason for why they should return. NO-STAL-GIAAAAA!

Anyways, I think Ash is going to use his Sinnoh Team. That's how he does it, that's how the writers have been doing it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. Ash has no need for his old pokemon. Will the appear? Probably. Will they be used? I'm going to say unlikely. What's the point of all this training and catching if Ash WON'T bother using them?

^ We're tlking about the (possible) E4 challenge here- it would be suicide to go up against them with the Sinnoh team which will probably have all the main tournament for themselves.

^ We're tlking about the (possible) E4 challenge here- it would be suicide to go up against them with the Sinnoh team which will probably have all the main tournament for themselves.

Agreed. Lets be honest, if Pokemon was real life, Ash would go for his strongest possible team. Which would include Charizard etc.

I'm not saying all of the Kanto pokemon should come back, but if one should come back, it should be Charizard. Why not use something so powerful?

Okay, a.) Ash's Pokemon can beat any other pokemon if the plot is allowing and b.) this isn't the games where you would use Charizard, nor is it reality where we'd say, "Of course he'll use him." This is the anime. And in the anime Ash has a habit of getting rid of good pokemon and not using others. It happens. Guys, get over it. Charizard is NOT going to come back. That's what Infernape is for.

Based on what evidence is Charizard or Ash's other older pokemon are not coming back? Are u one of the writers who suddenly decided to exclude Ash's older pokemon like charizard from the anime?

I mean we all know that Ash's older pokemon will not likely be used in the sinnoh league which is fine. But why would it be soooo wrong to mix up his team and select different pokemon from different reigons if he is to face the elite four and the champion someday?

Charizard WILL BE BACK. most likely after the league or maybe even later. For now though, id like to see his sinnoh team shine, and then train some of the Johto ones afterwards. Then it would be a good idea to use the Kanto/Hoenn ones.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom