• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Scorbunny really evolves into Fire/Fighting? Lame.

At least Sobble evolves into a Ghost type. Hopefully it looks good like Decidueye did.

So Scorbunny really evolves into Fire/Fighting? Lame.

At least Sobble evolves into a Ghost type. Hopefully it looks good like Decidueye did.
Well, no reason to believe that this leak is legit yet. Though given how the confirmed leak describes the final stage, it's probably going to be another fighting-based design, at the very least. >.> Uuuugh GameFreak, fighter fire-types aren't that cool.

Posting the actual thread here in-case everyone doesn't want to watch the actual video:
Sword/Shield massive leak dump [STORY SPOILERS] - Pokemon Sword Message Board for Nintendo Switch - GameFAQs
This is the 13th rumor to say they know the entire dex, I think? Why do they keep doing this?

A lot of this stuff is risky as absolute s*** for me to be leaking and I can't post this on any of my own accounts that could lead back to me. I've been a long time play tester for the English version of Sword and Shield, and that's all I can reveal.
I'm howling at this. "It would be so risky for anyone to find out my identity. Here is my specific role, and a ballpark for how long I've held my position. I sure hope Game Freak doesn't find me!"

The majority of Kanto Pokemon will return. Strong representation from each other regions as well (though less than Kanto), totaling to a regional dex size of over 600+ Pokemon to make up for not every Pokemon being in the game. Many will only be acquirable through events and Max Raid Battles that get rotated around.
Masuda: We wanted to pick Pokemon that fit the setting of the adventure
This guy: They're putting in Pokemon exclusively through events lol

- Raboot's evolution is called Athlabbit and will be Fire/Fighting, based on an athlete.
"Based on an athlete". Not any specific athlete, just all of them at once. Athlabbit's body is a mass of limbs holding footballs, basketballs, and baseballs. Its many legs are kicking soccer balls, jumping over hurdles, and swimming mile laps, all at once. If you see it, it kills you on sight in a touchdown.

Also, wouldn't Rabbithlete be a better name?

- Zamazenta is pure Steel. Zacian is pure Fighting.
Zamazenta, the one representing defense, is weak to Zacian. What a great idea.

They are researching how to control Eternatus, in order to defeat Zacian and Zamazenta, the two guardians of the Galar region, in order to take it over.
Just catch them? Like, I understand if the issue was "we can't find these two but their mysterious influence is stopping us." But they're literally trying to figure out how to stop a wild Pokemon? We've had this technology for years!

The Normal gym is directly in front of the Elite 4 and isn't a public stadium like the other seven. The Elite 4 reception is the first thing you see when you walk in, with her gym being accessible by entering a different room. Once you beat it, Leon will congratulate you and let you know he's waiting on top of the tower.
That's so boring??? Like, who was hoping to have a gym and a Pokemon league merged together?

You can challenge the first three in any order.
  • Enya (Ghost) is in the clock tower building to the left. Lyric (Flying) will be in the Ferris Wheel building and has a Chatot that can Gigantamax. Colt (Bug) is in the red building to the right.
  • Then, you go back into the building that holds Lina's gym. There is a guard standing in front of a different door that leads to the tower. He grants you access to the base of the tower, where the fourth Elite 4 member, Claude (Psychic) awaits. Upon beating him, there is an elevator that takes you to the top of the tower where you battle Leon.
Why????

"Based on an athlete". Not any specific athlete, just all of them at once. Athlabbit's body is a mass of limbs holding footballs, basketballs, and baseballs. Its many legs are kicking soccer balls, jumping over hurdles, and swimming mile laps, all at once. If you see it, it kills you on sight in a touchdown.
You know, I actually like your concept. I wouldn't mind raising a Pokémon like that just for how hilariously over-the-top it would be.

Come on people, let's be fair. Not everyone has had the same kind of education as everyone else had. And then you have people who have never been educated whatsoever and still make do. And then you also people who just forget. It happens.
I do understand. I just thought it was a bit strange to say deciduous is a not commonly known word.

Posting the actual thread here in-case everyone doesn't want to watch the actual video:
Sword/Shield massive leak dump [STORY SPOILERS] - Pokemon Sword Message Board for Nintendo Switch - GameFAQs

As for the contents of the leak, it sounds pretty plausible with the exception of Galarian forms, but it does seem to ride off of other leaks. Hilarious how it's mentioned that the tree is fixed, though.
The contents are interesting, and a lot of it does seem really possible, not necessarily everything though.

A recent European survey of Pokemon Sword and Shield mentioned what do you like in new Pokemon games: new Pokemon, old Pokemon, or Regional Forms? While it might be asking for future games, the one who posted what the survey did say it was specifically along the lines of Sword and Shield, but it could possibly just be for future games. Still, I think it does up our chances of getting there being regional variants, so seeing regional variants in this leak doesn't surprise me.

What does make me question it a little bit is the Sirfetch'd one. Idk, the original leaker could have just explained what the new Farfetch'd looked like, without giving it the name.

The Elite 4 being something like the Battle Frontier also has me questioning it. While they have done similar with the elite 4, where you can choose when to challenge them, this is the first time they are in entirely different locations. I just don't know if they would do this kind of thing.

The order of gyms is also messing me up a little bit too, specifically with Kabu. The gym that looks the most like a ground type gym, and makes the most sense for being a ground type gym, just basing it off the area, is all the way up in the rocky mountain area of the map. But, we know that there is a stadium inside of the industrial city, which looks like it comes way earlier. While this wouldn't be the first time they would have you go through an area (maybe not go through it in this case, but bear near it), that you can't go get to the gym inside of it. It does make the game a little bit less linear in this way I guess, but it does raise the red flags a little bit.

Zacian's typing also made me raise an eyebrow, but honestly, I don't question it too much. it does make some sense.

This rumor doesn't tie back Team Yell with Marnie at all, which has me a bit confused. Is Marnie one of the leaders? The initial leak stated they are big fans of Marnie, but here it makes no mention of her.

Finally, while it doesn't make me question it too hard, it is interesting that it states we still have 600 something odd Pokemon in the game. That is still a hefty amount, I honestly thought they would cut more. But, looking back on what they said with the original reveal, they said it would still be pretty difficult to complete the dex. So this actually does make sense that there is still a lot of Pokemon.

Overall though, I really like the ideas in this rumor. Like more regional variants? Yes please! Give me them all! And that's a nice amount of new Pokemon/forms. Lot's of options to choose from. And while I do question it a bit, I am totally down to have that system for the Elite 4. And I am really interested into seeing the whole deal with Team Yell, if this is what's true. I loved Team Skull, and Team Yell does seem somewhat similar in a way. I really love the idea behind them being a distraction for the bigger problem. Heck, I think at this point I've even kind of warmed up to the idea of Grookey's final evo being a gorilla. I think it will still depend on design though because Water/Ghost Sobble sounds awesome.

I hope many of this esp. Scrobunny's final form being fire/fighting are just graspy rumors.

Zamazenta, the one representing defense, is weak to Zacian. What a great idea.
That's a good point! Given the brief descriptions we do have on them, they sound like they're supposed to represent the immovable object/unstoppable force theory, and to have their types totally screw that up for them would be kind of ridiculous. If anything, I think they would both be Steel-type... since Steel resists Steel.

My bet- they're both probably Steel/Fighting or Fighting/Steel.

That's a good point! Given the brief descriptions we do have on them, they sound like they're supposed to represent the immovable object/unstoppable force theory, and to have their types totally screw that up for them would be kind of ridiculous. If anything, I think they would both be Steel-type... since Steel resists Steel.

My bet- they're both probably Steel/Fighting or Fighting/Steel.
I don't think that both box legends will have the same exact typing.

I don't think that both box legends will have the same exact typing.
Well, in this case it would make sense. Design-wise, they're both visibly metal and fighting-themed. Type-wise, Steel has the most resistances of any type and Fighting deals super effective damage to the most types of any type, tied with Ground. If they were the same type combo, they would have absolute equal footing with each other. And back to design- they have the most similarity to each other of any legendary pair, enough that a leaker mistook them for being two different forms rather than separate pokemon entirely. Even the Tao trio didn't look that similar, and they were once one dragon.

Maybe a Fighting/Steel and Steel/Fighting type to make them "different" and to reflect Zacian's more fighting-based design and Zamazenta's more steel-based design.

I think zamazenta should be steel-fairy (or maybe psychic )and zacian should be steel-fighting type, so steel (only if fairy) and fighting-type moves have 1× effectiveness on zamazenta , and both fairy and psychic have 1× effectiveness on zacian

This is a dumb thought, but I kinda imagined Zacian being Steel/Flying and Zamazenta Steel/Fire. It's mostly due to design elements

This is a dumb thought, but I kinda imagined Zacian being Steel/Flying and Zamazenta Steel/Fire. It's mostly due to design elements
What dumb thought ?
By the way ,that's what I thought when I first looked at them in the trailer when they started shining, but think about it, not every pokemon with some red fur is fire type ,And we don't even know if these things on it are wings. Being steel-psychic type is more logical and plausible for zamazenta design-wise and lore-wise, and fighting is a type that represents attack and seriously that's the goal of zacian's existing

That's a good point! Given the brief descriptions we do have on them, they sound like they're supposed to represent the immovable object/unstoppable force theory, and to have their types totally screw that up for them would be kind of ridiculous.

then again, Groudon and Kyogre were supposed to be equals that could plausibly wage war against each other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom