• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Least favourite move?

liquidMountain

Heir of Space
Reaction score
By this I mean when someone does the move to you. Or you can hate moves that YOU make YOUR Pokemon do. I hate it when other pokemon use earthquake. WILL THEY GIVE IT A BREAK!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!??? IT'S THE REASON I LOSE IN BATTLES EVEN WHEN I USE MY LV 100 SHINY LUCARIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about that, Spark. But are you being mean or just don't like my 'imaturity'?

Last edited:
Dude, lay off on the multiple puncuation. It makes you look like a troll, even if you have the most valid point in the world.

I really hate Leer and Growl and their ilk. They don't do enough to make even a minor difference in stats, and they waste a turn that could be spent doing something *useful*.

I really hate Leer and Growl and their ilk. They don't do enough to make even a minor difference in stats, and they waste a turn that could be spent doing something *useful*.

Seconded. :/
@ The topic creator: Can you please act a little more mature please?. >_>;

Last edited:
I dislike Giratina's Shadow Force as a signature move. All anyone has to do is switch in a normal Pokémon and you can't hit with it. Not too good. On the other hand, it's great when fighting people who use it.

I Dislike Destiny Bond, Self-Destruct and Parish Note. (Basically any self-sacrificing spiteful attack, it's a strategic move, but oh does it feel spiteful!) I also dislike Curse with Ghost Types.

Sometimes moves like Endure and the Focus Band (or what ever is the item that is like Endure) are annoying when comboed with Curse or Parish Note (and with the non-switching effect on). Also... now that I think about it, Endeavor is real annoying to face also, especially combo'd with the Band.

Same as Blackjack -- Leer, Growl, Tail Whip...I know they make more of a difference early in the game, but still, it's only REALLY early in the game. Before your first badge early. After that, they're as useless as a square wheel. Bide also really ticks me off, especially when it's an early pokemon's ONLY method of attacking, and they don't have a recovery move +coughSeedotcough+

Same as Blackjack -- Leer, Growl, Tail Whip...I know they make more of a difference early in the game, but still, it's only REALLY early in the game. Before your first badge early. After that, they're as useless as a square wheel. Bide also really ticks me off, especially when it's an early pokemon's ONLY method of attacking, and they don't have a recovery move +coughSeedotcough+

fortunately for Korobooshi, I hear the 4th generation made it a priority move.

Attract or anything of the sort drives me insane. Or any move that paralyzes/slows down Pokemon.

Leer or Growl and all that don't bother me though. I like how my opponent just wastes their time and lets me kill them.

To use: Growl, Bide, Nature Power (surely standing in long GRASS would give it a good Grass move, no? No. Stun Spore), Overheat-type-moves.

For an opponent to use: Endure, Toxic, Protect/Detect.

In general: Wrap, Bind, Constrict, Fire Spin, Whirlpool, Sand Tomb.

Destiny Bond, Self-Destruct, perish song and bringing a woubuffet into battle in R/S/E with another woubuffet means you can't escape or switch pokemon for 70+ moves or so, glad thats fixed in D.P

Protect! I hate that move, especially when your opponent has a tiny bit of HP left and it uses it. I hate Confuse Ray as well, Pokémon who are confused are so annoying. And lastly Curse with ghosts and Recover.

Any status-inducing attack that inflicts Confuse or Paralysis. The in-game opponents always have the upper-hand with those moves. >_<

:mad:Detect...and confuse ray.... :mad:

Detect has to be the most irritating move in the history of the game. Apart from wasting PP for the opponent, what good does it do? I know it protects the other pokemon, but it's still irritating.
Yet Protect doesn't nirk me nearly as much....Go figure.

Confuse Ray is the main reason I dislike Golbat in the games. Being confused is so SO annoying too.
And what is with the opponent hardly ever "hurting itself in it's confusion?"

fortunately for Korobooshi, I hear the 4th generation made it a priority move.

That they did, though I'm raising mine in Emerald, so it's not like it helps me any >.>

MORE MOVES I HATE

Protect/Detect. For reasons already stated by others.

Confusion moves. Also for reasons already stated by others.

Moves that seem like they were designed specifically for contests. Sure, contests were interesting the first few times I tried them, but really, they seem pretty pointless. You play as a trainer, after all -- why would I waste my time making my pokemon more 'appealing' when I can make them stronger and have a lot more fun doing it?

Quick Attack, and other moves that allow the opponent to strike first. Mostly I dislike it because I was in the Battle Dome once, and both the opponent and I had pokemon with HP in the red zone, and it was my turn...and the Sceptile used Quick attack...I hated that move so much after that (I was about to face the Dome Ace during that tourney I believe).

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom