• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legendary Pokemon Discussion

The portals that are associated with these "mythical places" (special clouds and islands) have yellow rings around them, much like Hoopa's hoops. Considering that Hoopa is said to have the power to transport entire islands, it seems pretty likely that Hoopa moved the non-native legendaries to Hoenn, or maybe in some cases in created portals to their natural habitats.

I can't wait to see the Distortion World. I guess this means that we're not probably getting a return trip to Kalos then. All non event Legendaries not in X/Y are in this. I was expecting some legendaries but not all of them.

I wonder what about the non-legendaries that were missing from XY... I already said long ago I think Unown will definitely be included, not just because it isn't in XY but also cause collecting all its forms and transferring them all is a real pain, but if they're bothering to make a point of having all past (non-event) legendaries available, it's probably a safe bet they'd try to do the same for the all the other missing pkmn too
Going over Serebii's list (Pokémon X & Pokémon Y - Unobtainable Pokémon) and ignoring the 4 Hoenn pkmn that will obviously be there, also ignoring Celebi who got a wifi event recently, there's:

- Rattata, Meowth, Koffing, Porygon, Misdreavus, Unown, Stantler, Kricketot, Cherubi, Buneary, Glameow, Finneon, Cottonee, Darumaka, Yamask, Frillish, Tynamo, Elgyem, Bouffalant (19 pkmn)
- Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile / Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup / Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott (9 pkmn, all starters... they could use Emerald's Johto starter gift for completing the dex, and maybe do something similar with the other two starter sets, or have them in a Friend Safari like thing)
- Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect (12 event pkmn)

I think it's a safe bet all 19 pkmn from the first list will be in ORAS, with the starter ones probably being somehow obtainable too... as for the 12 event pkmn? aside from possibly using Emerald's Mew event, and probably giving us gen 3's Jirachi and Deoxys, I don't have much hopes for the rest... (ugh, can I hope for Shaymin over wifi for the franchise's anniversary? as a thanks to the fans? being the gratitude pkmn...)

I still find it weird that they're promoting XY and ORAS as having all the non-event legendaries, when XY currently only have 7 of them. 31:7 is a pretty big ratio in favor of ORAS, so why not just say that ORAS feature almost every legendary?

It's also suspicious that Mega Latios and Latias are the only ORAS Mega Evolutions that exist in XY's coding. Could it be that the new flying feature was originally intended for XY? The likely Hoopa connection would also support this idea. Since Game Freak already need to patch XY to accomodate compatibility, I'm wondering if they will add the Eon Flute and the flying mechanic to XY, so that not all 31 of the remaining legendaries are allocated to Hoenn. Such a patch would also make it possible to introduce Mega Zygarde (or whatever variation, and probably two of those judging from the hidden moves) in Kalos without releasing a new game, which at this point seems unlikely.

I didn't think about that. They really will have to patch XY with all new megas if they'd want to have proper communication between XY/ORAS... I'm not sure how much exactly can be changed with such patching, but if that's possible they should definitely spread some of the legendaries over to XY instead of having them all in ORAS... I'd still love to see Lugia become related to the Sea Spirit's Den cause it was a very obvious reference to it and it's just annoying for me to think they're not gonna do anything with that

I'm not sure how much exactly can be changed with such patching,
The hackers have only been able to find hidden Pokémon and items (they don't have the means to really analyze the code; they basically just change existing items and Pokémon to turn them into something else), so for all we know, the flying feature is already programmed into XY. The Eon Flute isn't, but that's a very minor aspect that could easily be added via a patch. There aren't really any limitations on what could be added via a patch, anyway. The only problem is addressing what happens when the game cartridge is used on another 3DS that lacks the patch, but as long as it's impossible to save while flying, it shouldn't be a problem even if the feature isn't already programmed.

The hackers have only been able to find hidden Pokémon and items (they don't have the means to really analyze the code; they basically just change existing items and Pokémon to turn them into something else), so for all we know, the flying feature is already programmed into XY. The Eon Flute isn't, but that's a very minor aspect that could easily be added via a patch. There aren't really any limitations on what could be added via a patch, anyway. The only problem is addressing what happens when the game cartridge is used on another 3DS that lacks the patch, but as long as it's impossible to save while flying, it shouldn't be a problem even if the feature isn't already programmed.

Yeah, normally patching is a huge headache for devs due to costs, certifications, different platforms etc. But XY's only on one, universally identical platform; and GF is part owned by its publisher and the developer of said platform. They could patch half the game if they wanted to.

Guys, we're probably not getting every single legendary in this game, that would be too much. I think what CoroCoro is saying is that the remaining legendaries are going to be divided up between ORAS and the next Kalos game. So maybe something like this:

ORAS:
Ho-oh/Lugia (fly to Navel Rock)
Dialga/Palkia (fly)
Giratina (fly)
Heatran (Mt. Chimney)
Regigigas (Sealed Chamber)
Reshiram/Zekrom (fly)
Kyurem (fly)
Tornadus/Thundurus (fly)
Landorus (fly)

Kalos:
Beast trio
Pixie trio
Muskedeers

Guys, we're probably not getting every single legendary in this game, that would be too much. I think what CoroCoro is saying is that the remaining legendaries are going to be divided up between ORAS and the next Kalos game. So maybe something like this:

ORAS:
Dialga/Palkia (fly)
Giratina (fly)
Heatran (Mt. Chimney)
Reshiram/Zekrom (fly)
Kyurem (fly)
Tornadus/Thundurus (fly)
Landorus (fly)

Kalos:
Beast trio
Pixie trio
Muskedeers

It explicitly says between "X and Y and Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire", so while there could be another Kalos game, it's highly unlikely and it's more likely that they'll make a patch to not only introduce the ORAS megas but also some good post-game plot content that could help tie up lose ends in X and Y.

There's another thing that implies that XY might be patched. This page mentions the Lumiose girl mystery and implies a connection to the "horde of faceless men" story. Considering that the section has two "Coming Soon" pages, this may mean that the mystery will be solved once ORAS are released. A patch would be the most sensible way of achieving that.

There's another thing that implies that XY might be patched. This page mentions the Lumiose girl mystery and implies a connection to the "horde of faceless men" story. Considering that the section has two "Coming Soon" pages, this may mean that the mystery will be solved once ORAS are released. A patch would be the most sensible way of achieving that.

Or maybe they're saving it for XY's sequel, just like the ghost of the little girl from Marvelous Bridge in BW is linked to the Strange House near Lentimas Town in BW2.

Or maybe they're saving it for XY's sequel, just like the ghost of the little girl from Marvelous Bridge is linked to the Strange House near Lentimas Town.
"Coming Soon" certainly doesn't imply another Kalos game. No one will remember the website by then.

I always knew that damn faceless men story was real. I personally thought it was referencing Yamask (men without faces who are now ghosts) but as long as something happens.

I smell Hoopa in all of this, all the Hoops with legendarys and all

ORAS:
Dialga/Palkia (fly)
Giratina (fly)
Heatran (Mt. Chimney)
Reshiram/Zekrom (fly)
Kyurem (fly)
Tornadus/Thundurus (fly)
Landorus (fly)

Kalos:
Beast trio
Pixie trio
Muskedeers

It explicitly says between "X and Y and Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire", so while there could be another Kalos game, it's highly unlikely and it's more likely that they'll make a patch to not only introduce the ORAS megas but also some good post-game plot content that could help tie up lose ends in X and Y.

They could, but the most sensible way to go about doing that is to make it paid DLC and they don't really want to do that. I don't see them including all of that for free.

They could, but the most sensible way to go about doing that is to make it paid DLC and they don't really want to do that. I don't see them including all of that for free.
It wouldn't be free, as ORAS would be required to unlock the content in XY. They could even make it necessary to have played ORAS on the same 3DS as XY before the latter get patched.

This idea is actually a fairly good way of encouraging players to own both XY and ORAS rather than just one or the other. Some potential ORAS players haven't bought a 3DS yet.

It wouldn't be free, as ORAS would be required to unlock the content in XY. They could even make it necessary to have played ORAS on the same 3DS as XY before the latter get patched.

This idea is actually a fairly good way of encouraging players to own both XY and ORAS rather than just one or the other. Some potential ORAS players haven't bought a 3DS yet.

That wouldn't really be fair if you had to buy a completely unrelated game to get the full Kalos experience and unlock the third mascot's new forms.

That wouldn't really be fair if you had to buy a completely unrelated game to get the full Kalos experience and unlock the third mascot's new forms.
But it's fair to make us buy a third version with almost the same content as XY? Surely you jest.

But it's fair to make us buy a third version with almost the same content as XY? Surely you jest.

Only marginally less so than having to buy ORAS. There are better ways to go about patching XY than having to pay for a completely different game.

Back
Top Bottom