• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Lillie's role

You're right. Then my guess is Tapu Koko, which I don't think is a Zygarde core.
If not a core, and its the guardian, I wonder if that makes her an unwilling pawn to the evil teams plans. The doesn't like Pokemon battles angle reminds me of N kinda. What if that's how the plot rolls. She travels the region to collect the guardians, utilize the forces of thr legendaries to try and create peace and abolish the usage of Pokemon, but in her unyielding quest for good she unknowningly makes things extremely easy for the evil team to achieve their goals.

We don't know how big the guardian is, for all we know that it couldn't fit in the bag.

I think Lillie's role is to give you advice, give you items, upgrade your pokedex (maybe) and maybe give your a pokemon (non-legendary) to help you in your journey. I can't see her with a bigger role as that and I don't see her interacting with any legendary.

Well, official sources say she's got a big role in the games, so I doubt she'll be reduced to just standard NPC roles. My theory is that, whatever is in that bag, may be like an extension of one of the guardians of Alola, or maybe one of the guardians that lost all its power and needs to be restored, and she's acting like its avatar or being a guardian to a guardian. Maybe she's helping the Prof so she can learn how to restore the now-depowered protector of one of Alola's islands to its original form so it can better safeguard the region. She might get unintentionally mixed up with the regional bad guys because they're looking to do the same thing, only have it benefit them instead of Alola.

Yeah, kinda hair-brained, but hey, it could happen.

I imagine Lillie have a role as important as N or A.Z.

Lillie can be potentially rival the starter advantaged too (thus, Lillie will be 7G' Cheren and Hau will be 7G' Bianca), but if she does not like fighting, its compromised ...

And I wish it replaces Serena in the anime!

I was hoping she could be that female rival we've all been craving, but she is said to dislike battling~ Though if she really is with the evil team somehow I imagine this could be a ruse of some sort and she may turn out to be like Adventures' Ruby and be a sick ass battler~ I can only hope, at first look, she at least seems more interestin than Shauna~

There's clearly a Pokemon in her bag since you could see it moving around---no clue what that will ultimately mean.

I've seen some well-argued theories that she is connected to Magearna and that the commotion in her bag results from that. Apparently Magearna reverts into a Poke ball sort of thing when it's feeling shy, and also strongly dislikes Pokemon suffering, and therefore battling. It's a Mythical Pokemon built on that infinite energy stuff, too, so it's pretty mysterious.

Sounds a bit like Lille. My prediction is that although Lille initially dislikes battling, her interaction with the player makes her realize it gets her closer to her Pokemon, especially in terms of understanding how they're feeling--perhaps a la "synergy" from the anime. Not sure about that last part, though.

Gonna take a wild stab in the dark and say Tapu Koko is too big to fit in Lillie's bag. Zygarde Core until prven otherwise as far as I am concerned.

Outright prediction right here.
Lillie's the champion, has Drampa, some cool psychic/fairy types, and a new Mega.

I think Lillie just has a small wild pokemon. I seriously doubt it is a core and I hope it isn't in my opinion.

There are a few Pokemon that can be able to fit in Lillie's bag, so there aren't very many options of what Pokemon that would be in there.

Ok but what if:

Kukui has a Zygarde Core for research and Lillie is working for him so she can steal the Zygarde core (in her bag) for the evil team. Not because she's part of the evil team but because they're threatening/have kidnapped someone dear to her? I'd still love her to be royalty, but I don't think she's the queen herself because it would be weird for Kukui or anyone else to not recognize her. So maybe she's the queen's daughter and the queen is being threatened/kidnapped by the evil team?

I want this.

I think Lillie wants Zygarde in Alola because she knows of its powers from her home region of Kalos. It explains why Zygarde jumped ship from one region to another, and is a great set up for a good story. The real question is how does Zygarde work in parallel to the Guardian Quartet which should have a similar role for Alola, and how the Celestial Emissaries get into the whole shebang.

We know that there are Zygarde cells all around Alola, so obviously we aren't dealing with "Zygarde jumping ship". And let's not assume that Lillie is from Kalos just because she's white.

The name's spelling is European and the white sundress and sun hat give off an air of sophistication. Its not that she is white that I assume she is from Kalos, its the vibe she gives off as a Kalosian for me.

The name's spelling is European and the white sundress and sun hat give off an air of sophistication. Its not that she is white that I assume she is from Kalos, its the vibe she gives off as a Kalosian for me.
okay but lowkey Jasmine, Caitlyn, and Lillie all have vaguely similar appearances and none of them are from the same region. i would say it's kinda iffy to just take SWAGs about which region she may be from solely based off her appearance. i especially think so when you account for the fact that there's so few character revealed as well.

Okay then, let us make a different assumption.

Lillie looks out of place in Alola, she's obviously not a native due to her skin color (unless her parents moved from some other region and had Lillie in Alola). That leads us to believe she's from another region or at the very least has ties to another region. Sure, she could be from Johto or Sinnoh or whatever other region, but those regions are incredibly irrelevant at this point.

The latest relevant regions are Hoenn and Kalos due to XY/ORAS. When you throw Zygarde into the mix, that would make Kalos the most relevant region and thus the one most likely the region Lillie is from.

So yes, we can't say Lillie is from Kalos based on her skin color, but when you consider a variety of different factors, Kalos is the most likely region that Lillie has ties to.

I think Lillie wants Zygarde in Alola because she knows of its powers from her home region of Kalos. It explains why Zygarde jumped ship from one region to another, and is a great set up for a good story. The real question is how does Zygarde work in parallel to the Guardian Quartet which should have a similar role for Alola, and how the Celestial Emissaries get into the whole shebang.
This is actually an interesting thought. So, if what you're saying is correct, Lillie essentially smuggled Zygarde to the Kalos region to prevent some sort of grand disaster? I admit that it would be pretty interesting to see native legends interacting with a foreign one outside of the Anime and movies, be we do already have the island guardians so it seems kind of unnecessary for Lillie to bring Zygarde over.

To be fair, I could see this working if there ends up a threat that none of the guardians can handle by themselves, but I think that another possibility is that Lillie overreacted to the threat. If it ends up being the former scenario, there's Alola's post-game would probably be akin to Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness/Time/Sky where the post-game plot essentially an extension of the main-game plot. Either that, or we have another Alola myth coming into play that involves Zygarde. If the later scenario becomes true, the post-game could revolve Lillie's mistake making Zygarde go crazy being confused due to being in a foreign territory, causing more harm than good to Alola's ecosystem.

As long as one of the above scenario's end up happening, I can see Lillie bringing Zygarde from Kalos into Alola become an interesting plot-point.

Could her role be similar to Bonnie in the anime? The anime like to base things off the games, so what if the blond girl carrying around the red core in her bag is Bonnie in the XYZ anime, but Lillie in the Sun Moon games.

Is Squishy/Punichan even from Kalos? Could he actually be an Alolan native, while the Blue core is the Kalos native that we caught in XY as 50% form in Terminus cave?

Could her role be similar to Bonnie in the anime? The anime like to base things off the games, so what if the blond girl carrying around the red core in her bag is Bonnie in the XYZ anime, but Lillie in the Sun Moon games.

Is Squishy/Punichan even from Kalos? Could he actually be an Alolan native, while the Blue core is the Kalos native that we caught in XY as 50% form in Terminus cave?
I think that is a possibility.

In the anime, we know that Zygarde that resides in the Terminus Cave is the Blue Core.

The question then remains, where is the Red Core from? When we first learn about it, it is in Flare's headquarters being studied by Flare scientists. It can't be from Terminus Cave because if that were the case they would have already gotten hold of the Blue Core as well. Where could it be from then?

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom