• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lilycove University: now enrolling!

Character 1

Name: Timothy 'Clark' Smith

Appearance: Tim Smith, what can you say about him? Let's start with the vitals. Tim is tall, standing around 6'3" which is far head and shoulders over his friends but not his family. His height generally comes from his genetics as all the males in the Smith family is over 6 ft. He backs that height up with his body physique which is muscular lean which does show that Tim has muscles and can be considered big considering his age but if anything it just shows he is very fit and looks it. When it comes to his hair, Tim does have medium-ish short butterscotch (basically lightish brown) hair that matches with his dark brown eyes. His features include somewhat prominent cheekbones and a muscular squarish round jaw that allows his face to have a cleaner look about it. Tim likes to wear casual outfits that depend on the weather and what he is doing, he isn't really picky but he knows what he should and shouldn't be wearing. Tim does love wearing sunglasses though and sometimes has it on his head to add to a look.

Personality: Tim is a very interesting character. He is seen as cocky and arrogant by several people but that it is due to the air of confidence that he gives out. That said you can tell there is a certain arrogance when Tim does talk and it is due to his mental fortitude and knowing that he is pretty good looking. However in saying that Tim is a very snarky outgoing male who tends to kind of go into a situation just like that without thinking straight at all. One of the traits of Tim Smith is that he is a hard worker yet a pretty intelligent male who doesn't really try to show it because he tends to joke around and chill out. Another few traits of Tim is that he likes to be a horndog, he will try to flirty with pretty women that he sees that he has no chance with because he sees it as part of a game. Tim is very athletic and works hard on his fitness as he feels it helps him feel better about himself. Tim is also considered to be fearless, he isn't really scared of anything and is raring for any challenge which is where his nickname comes from kind of. All in all Tim is a confident swell guy.

History: Tim is the oldest of three brothers, so there is a sense of responsibility that comes taking care of two brothers. His father works a lot around the world which puts a lot of pressure on the family itself while Tim's mother takes care of a Daycare center for young children. They are a close knit family but as previously mentioned his father works around the world quite frequently. The Smith family did grow up in Blackthorn City and still live there even though he was born in Violet City but they refrained from moving around due to pressure on Tim's mother. Then Tim had to help his mother with the daycare much to his annoyance because the kids annoyed him so much and even caused him to lose a girlfriend because a kid stole his wallet. He always had an interest in battling because there was something about it, a certain control about it but the lone problem was that Tim had no Pokemon and his mother thought that it would cause him. Everything was going dull until Tim ran into a sign that said 'Nothing else matters' and under that was a sign about the Lilycove University. Tim then begged his mother and called up his father and eventually he won the right to go. They sent Tim off with all their goodwill and good luck and were hoping that he didn't do anything stupid.

Pokemon Choices: Your choice just not Gen 6

Other: Not much to say.

Theme Song: My God is the Sun - Queens of the Stone Age

Character 2:

Name: Diana Hughes

Appearance: Standing at a towering 6'1" and having a physique much like a model, Diana named after her grandmother is considered by her family and herself to be a pretty young woman. Her figure is said to be like a model because of her long legs that seem longer due to the her height the impression that Diana is actually taller than she is. One could explain Diana as slinky attractive woman with a model like build along with what she likes to call as a ballet's figure. Her body shows that she isn't really chesty at all and nor does she have a bottom that would be considered big. Now if we are looking at Diana's appearance, we can see well you actually can't, that she has long wispy brown hair with a little fringe. The brown hair actually has sun-kissed streaks which makes it seem like brown hair with a touch of blonde giving it a mix that gives her a sense of elegance. She has hazel eyes matching her sun-kissed blonde brunette hair to give compatibility between with her hair and hazel eyes. Diana doesn't like to add too much jewelry as she just prefers just diamond studs and a silver bracelet on her left arm. In terms with clothing, Diana just picks whatever suits her attitude and style, she likes to dress with elegance with terms of subtlety. I guess nothing else matters with other accessories.

Personality: Diana is several types of personality in one. She is considered to be a very outgoing fashionable woman who likes to talk to people regardless. However that comes with a problem as there is a certain intimidation associated with Diana, people see her appearance and assume that she is a very snobbish woman that will treat people coldly. Diana carries herself with grace, such graceful elegance which many consider a mature attitude for someone her age. However there is a spark in Diana that people need to realize, even though she is an intelligent, hard working woman with an aura of arrogance, that she does have a warrior instinct in her to stand her ground and does allow her to have a passive-aggressive nature. However in saying that Diana is very independent and strong-willed. She is very athletic woman as she loves to exercise to likely add to her ego and to keep her body to a figure that she wants. Diana when it comes to romance, only seeks those that she consider are equal to her in attitude, strength and style. One turnoff about Diana is her arrogance, she knows that she has talent but there is no modesty there.

History: Diana born in the lovely town, a large lovely town in Unova called Castelia City full of fashionable rich people. She lived with her unhappily married parents, her mother was a supermodel and her father was a tennis star who played a lot in Nimbasa City. The problem was that her mother kind of was involved in several affairs with Gym Leaders and athletes but still was very famous. That kind of led to a divorce where Diana stayed with her father, it was an interesting life because now Diana had to keep on moving around the world, travelling with her father until her father managed to snag a nice looking tennis player to hook up with and have a great relationship with. This led to a marriage and Diana having a stepmother which she loved more than her mother because there was a maternal figure she could look up to. Both her stepmother and her father wanted to give Diana something to aim for, so her stepmother signed her up to Lilycove University because she felt that Diana had something about her that could make it as a top-tier trainer.

Pokemon Choices: Your choice just not Gen 6

Other: Nothing really, I guess yay Fashion

Theme Song: [video=youtube_share;Zgclf9JwMSY]http://youtu.be/Zgclf9JwMSY[/video]

Yeah I give up lol.

Name: James Kraiss

Appearance: James is a 6 foot (1.8 meters) tall boy with medium length brown hair. He uaually wears a black beanie, and a windbreaker jacket. His eyes are green, and his left ear has a golden stud in it. He wears a constant crooked smirk on his face.

Personality: James is an outwardly friendly, and somewhat cocky guy. Back in his hometown, he became quite the leader to his group of friends, which blew his ego up. As the best trainer in his old school, he was widely loved by some, and detested by others. He is competitive, and tries to play it off as his need to “Be number one.”

History: James was a student at a university in sinnoh in the past. He was expelled for getting into a fight with a fellow trainer who he had defeated at a pokemon battle. The trainer rushed him and threw the first punch, but the only people who saw were Jame’s opponent's friends. James was forced to put his pokemon into the Sinnoh PC and find a new academy to attend. James grew up in Jubilife city with his mom and big brother, who went on a journey two years before James got his first pokemon, they stay in touch by letter now, but not much.

Pokemon Choices:
1. Maril
2. Geodude
3. Flabebe

(For story reasons, your character has no Pokemon to start off with, and must be given one upon arrival at the school. However, you have a say in which Pokemon you will receive. Please include your top three choices for your character, and I will see what I can do. The following rules apply for Pokemon choices: no legendaries (duh), no pseudo-legendaries (Beldum, Dratini, Bagon, etc...), first form Pokemon only (exceptions can be made, see post #7 below).

Other: GONNA BE NUMBER ONE, AND NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!!

Theme Song: Limousine by Wax (Preferably the acoustic version!)

Thanks! :)

Just a heads-up, I will be gone most of Saturday , I'm going snowboarding.

@IanLeaf, Accepted. :D

@Heliolisk, That's fine. Hopefully we won't have progressed too far. :p

Trust me to see this so soon before the deadline. If I reserve a spot, how many hours do I have? @A@;;

Trust me to see this so soon before the deadline. If I reserve a spot, how many hours do I have? @A@;;

I'm sorry, but reservations are no longer possible. I'm starting this around 7:00 AM tomorrow though, so if you can get in an SU by then, I'll look it over and pass judgement. :p

I'm sorry, but reservations are no longer possible. I'm starting this around 7:00 AM tomorrow though, so if you can get in an SU by then, I'll look it over and pass judgement. :p

Makes sense. I'll do my best to get one done, then.

Yay! Can't wait for the startup!
I will also be away most of saturday as well, I have an audition, but I'll catch up!

@IanLeaf, @Lyrebird, @Heliolisk, @AutumnRain, @Crimson Impact, @Eira, @Scholar, @Murkmire, @Ray Maverick, @Pokemon Trainer Kestron.

Alright guys, I'd like to bring something to your attention, so listen up!

I have your attention? Good.

There is something I would like for you guys to see. Meet Titanpad. It's basically the lazy person's Google Docs. This is an extremely useful tool for RP's, I've found. Basically, you start a document, invite someone else to join you, and then you both can edit the document simultaneously. This is great for two characters making small talk, as it clears up a lot of clutter and prevents tennising. You can invite more than two people as well, so don't feel restricted if your having multiple characters converse. Once your group is happy with the final document, you just copy and paste the text into the forums and make one big, joint post.

You don't have to use it for everything, nor would I want you to, I'm just bringing it to your attention. It's really neat, though, so play around with it if you're interested. It prevents scenarios between two characters like...

Post #1 "So what bands do you like?" Bob asked.

Post #2 "Oh, I like a lot of different kinds. Death Metal mostly." Fred replied.

Post #3 "Oh, that's cool" Bob said. "What's your favorite Death Metal band?"

Post #4 "I would probably have to say Soul Embraced." Fred responded.

So on and so forth... instead of throwing small, one sentence posts back and forth (tennising), you could make it one joint post.

Titanpad will be made mandatory for any battle scenes that take place!

That is all. We start tomorrow morning at 7:00 AM. Just remember, be polite, be courteous, and have fun! See you tomorrow!

Last edited:

can you tell i haven't made one of these in a while
and i only made a guy because i thought we were short of them

Name: Duke "Demon" Wilkinson

Appearance: Duke stands at around five feet and nine inches tall, and, while he does not have a sportsman's build, it's still apparent he takes care of himself to have built up some muscle. He has a jet black, shaggy mane of hair that falls over his eyes and down to his shoulders - thankfully enough, as his eyes are unfortunately a cold steely grey, contributing to his permanant look of condescension and fury. He tends to wear a black and white striped shirt underneath a black jacket, which has a white tribal design on the right sleeve. His dark grey trousers are adorned with a metal skull hanging from a chain by the right pocket. He has several steel bangles around his left arm, and a single beaded bracelet around his right, which was apparently given to him by one of his few old friends that he "doesn't like to talk about anymore."

Personality: Because his somewhat intimidating style and physical appearance can put some people off, Duke has always been rather shy. As such, he has difficulty talking to new people and can even become flustered easily, such as when someone says something inappropriate - patience is required with him. Duke never says when he trusts someone, but when he eventually does, he becomes a truly faithful companion. He is generally willing to listen to problems, and sometimes tends to take a more... pragmatic course of action if someone hurts someone he cares about. He understands he can be seen as a bit scary looking, and he does use this to his advantage. The best description for him would be to call him a sheep in wolf's clothing.
Though he has the look of a delinquent, Duke is actually rather intelligent and does well in his classes. He is more often than not seen reading textbooks or literature. Thanks to this, he has a good knowledge of seemingly useless things - for example, he has an interest in the occult, and even keeps a tarot deck in his pocket at all times. However, he's also gained some interests he's a little more conceited about, namely baking. He makes a mean cake.

History: Duke was born and grew up in the Kalos region, where he had the unfortunate luck of having a heavyweight boxer for a father, which is probably where his unusual appearance comes from. Because he was different, Duke did encounter some issues with bullying when he was at school, and his father encouraged him to solve the issues pragmatically and gave him a little fighting training. The end result was Duke becoming known as "The Demon" because he ended up reducing the biggest, toughest bully at school to tears. After this event, no other students would go near him, and he spent much of his youth without many friends and with a resentment towards his father.
He coasted through school, eventually becoming depressed due to how different he felt. One evening, while visiting Lumiose City for a press conference for one of his father's upcoming bouts, he snuck out of his room and took a walk around the hotel. During his walk, he was surprised to encounter a Pancham, puffing it's chest out confidently at him, who had apparently also snuck out of it's owners room. Having never had such a close encounter with a Pokemon in his life, Duke couldn't help but stroke it's head, prompting a giggly grin from it. Duke ended up spending the night sitting with the Pancham, stroking its fur and even sparring with it at one point, until the Pancham's owners picked it up. It was at this point Duke realised that Pokemon didn't care about his appearance and he would be able to count on them to be friends - he promptly requested to be transferred to a school to train Pokemon, and his father eventually gave in after much debate.

Pokemon Choices: Pancham, Sandile, Pawniard

Theme Song: Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
no but srsly Hunting for Witches - Bloc Party

can you tell i haven't made one of these in a while
and i only made a guy because i thought we were short of them

@Metabee - Actually, I rather like your SU. Duke seems like a really interesting character! Accepted!

EDIT: As of this moment, I am no longer accepting SU's. If you have a reservation, I'm willing to accept late entries, but we've reached a substantial capacity as of right now. :/

Last edited:
Name: Will Wolf
Appearance: Will has long black hair that falls down to his neck and covers his forehead. He has deep brown eyes. He wears a long sleeved blue jacket with a hood along with a white shirt underneath the jacket. He also wears a pair of black combat jeans and matching black boots. He wears a golden colored coin-shaped medallion around his neck and has a star tattoo on his right hand.

Personality: Will is very serious and tends to keep his thoughts in his head most of the time. To others he might seem like he’s always thinking of something or like he doesn’t like to talk to others but he’s actually just making sure to get a good look at everything around him. He’s actually into mystery stories and dreams of becoming a detective some day which is why he actually lights up and becomes very confident and outgoing when it comes to a mystery or something close to it.

History: Will was born in Lumiose City in Kalos. From a young age he had always become interested his mysteries thanks to his father’s influence. His dad always told him to look beyond what was in front of him and that was something that stuck to him. Because of that he spent most of his time reading novels and working on his deduction skills trying to better his skills for when he grew up.

Will became famous around Lumiose for solving minor problems in his neighborhood and the city, but there was something that intrigued him once he found out about Lilicove University. Once he heard about the mysterious hauntings occurring at the academy he couldn’t help but become curious. Because of that Will decided that nothing else mattered and packed his things in order to join LU with the goal of cracking the source of the hauntings and becoming famous.

Pokemon Choices:
Ralts
Riolu
Pumpkaboo

Other:

Theme Song: Welcome to the Masquerade by the Thousand Foot Krutch

Ah, I hope I'm not too late.

Name: Hanaeda Pajamas
Appearance: Hanaeda has a flair for nice suits. He has a wide array of them, many of which were left to him by his father. He tends to carry a violin case with him. He doesn't play violin, but it's useful for carrying lots of things. Physically, he's on the tall side, at 6'2, and a bit lanky. His frame is muscular, but at the same time lithe, dextrous. He has tanned, olive-colored skin, and dark brown hair. It's shaggy, and usually slightly messy.
Personality: Hanaeda has an intuitive and idealistic outlook, which lends him to being adaptable and a harsh judge of self. He's a laid-back perfectionist, with a people oriented nature. People who talk to him often quickly discover he's a good listener. He's sincere, and warm, and right now a tad indignant. He has a strong sense of honor, even if it doesn't necessarily line up with the rules of society. He's very stubborn, and will always fight for what he believes in.
History: Hanaeda never had much parental supervision. His father claimed to be a businessman, and his mother claimed to be a package courier. So both of them traveled a lot and left him alone. Combined with the fact he's always had a bit of a temper, he got into a lot of fights. By the time he got into high school, he had a small gang of delinquents he spent time skipping class with. That changed when he mugged one too many of his peers for their lunch money.

He got put on probation, and was ordered to take anger management. There, he learned the error of his ways. He became a much calmer person. He's done things he's not proud of, but he's left his gang behind and wants to be a productive citizen. He was assigned a mentor, an affluent businessman. An affluent businessman who made his money selling cheap romance novels. Hanaeda began taking after him, dressing much more classy-like. He decided he'd make something of himself, and became a Trainer. Now he's going to Lilycove University to further his education. Also, chicks dig Pokemon trainers.

Pokemon Choices:
Bidoof
Magikarp
Lotad
Theme Song: Nothing Else Matters
Other:

If this is too late, then just reject me and no harm done! I passed out last night after my raid and forgot to write this up, so it's on me.

Name: Jonathan James 'JJ' Walker
Appearance:

Not only will I give you a description, you get a free picture too!
28842.jpg
As you can see, the picture was drawn Shiay not me. I can't draw for shite.

Anyways, Jonny is lean, muscular and tanned. He has long messy blond hair and ice blue eyes that shine brightly. He usually has a confident smirk or an easygoing smile on his face and it's rare to see him frowning or upset. He is a very relaxed dressed, usually wearing nothing more than an undershirt and a pair of worn blue jeans. He has a large tattoo on his back; a pair of black angel wings that span across both of his shoulder blades, with the elemental symbols for fire, ice and lightning intertwined between the two wings.

Personality:
Jonny comes off as carefree, relaxed and charming... but under this mask is a conflicted and complicated soul. He has the capability to be the center of attention and the life of the party (and in the past he was) but now he prefers more solitary pursuits, these being skateboarding, surfing and his art, which he doesn't like talking about or revealing to others. He never goes anywhere without his sketchbook, his skateboard and his surfboard. Nothing else matters.

History: I'm really not going to give you much here because it's being saved for a reveal of sorts. What you are going to get is that Jonny comes from a long line of famed rangers, all of which served in Hoenn with honor and distinction. He was born in Lilycove and he was expected to follow the family profession. And then... something... happened and he was faced with finding his own path. So he came home and enrolled in the local university in order to find new meaning in his life due to the fact that he had always and expected to embark on a journey in the family profession.

Pokemon choices:

Riolu
Scyther
Charmander (in that order)

Other: Jonny is quite intelligent (again, he hides this) and a quick thinker. He is also fluent in French, having spent some time in Kalos as a kid.

Theme Song: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Otherside

@Blake Belladonna, well, technically speaking, I did close the SU's yesterday. However, I'm pretty sure you mentioned an intention to sign-up at one point, so I'm going to bend the rules this one more time. Accepted. :p

Alright, for reals this time, SU's are closed. This thread will be for any OOC discussions we might have. If you guys have any ideas for the RP, throw 'em at me and I'll see if it's something I can incorporate into the RP. I have a general idea for where the story is going to go, but there's definitely room in-between plots points for miscellaneous activities. School clubs? Events? Competitions? Ideas are welcome. :D

There had to be at least one seasick person on this boat. If everyone was perfectly fine on this boat, it would not be realistic. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom