• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

List of Generation V English names revealed: List quietly gets removed from fan sites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: List of Generation V English names revealed: List quietly gets removed from fan s

Cofagrigus is the worst Pokemon name I've heard so far.

Ugh. Desukaan forever. Unless someone explains to me how to pronounce this thing. I still think it'll be made fun of. Forever.

Ghost suspects it to be sarchofagous.

So, Cof-ag-ri-gus.

Re: List of Generation V English names revealed: List quietly gets removed from fan s

Oh my.

Makmomo's German name is Vivian. That's sexy. Unf.
Also, Belle's German name is Bell

Why Bianca?

I mean I GET why they chose the name. But why keep Cheren if they were going to change Bel to Bianca.

NOA, you're too confusing. I swear, you do this to laugh at us don't you?

The only country that kept Bel was Germany.

And Italy

But Italy changed Cheren's name to Komor.

LOVIN' all these new name changes. Cheren could've been renamed Nigel, but Cheren will work. The thing is, how would you pronounce it? CHeren or SHeren?
And Bianca is absolutely perfect for Bel. I'm sure I'll quickly get used to these names. :>

Yabukuron said:
Cofagrigus is the worst Pokemon name I've heard so far.

Ugh. Desukaan forever. Unless someone explains to me how to pronounce this thing. I still think it'll be made fun of. Forever.

That's easy, man. "koh-fah-gri-gus".

Desukaan will be Cofagrigus
:eek:hdear: WTF?! WORSE THAN OSHAWOTT
Mogurew will be Drilbur
Reminds me of that pig, Wilbur
Kibago will be Axew
Acks-yew? real creative
Koromori will be Woobat
WOO! bat plz *wacks TCPi in head with bat*
Minezumi will be Patrat
reminds me of patrick
Gothiruselle will be Gothitelle
nice
Ranculus will be Reuniclus
eh...
Wargle will be Braviary
They changed it? WARGLE WAS FINE
Musharna keeps its name
best so far

I love how people think we should take this down. It's the internet people. Once it was reported, it spreads. I myself have a word doc with all the names on them.

I actually like Braviary, it has more appeal than Wargle, I guess because Braviary sounds more elegant and proper than Wargle.

Ghost suspects it to be sarchofagous.

So, Cof-ag-ri-gus.

That's easy, man. "koh-fah-gri-gus".

Cofagrigus. Sarcophagus.

Sarcophagus is pronounced "Sar-caw-fuh-gus" I can imagine Cofagrigus being pronounced as "Caw-fuh-greh-gus"

Sonic_Taunt.jpg

Cofagrigus = Co fag rigus. Something tells me that TPCi is going to get a lot of shit over that.

Honestly I think it speaks loads more about the people who think that as soon as they see the name.

That's the first thing I noticed when I saw the name. But it's okay, because I'm gay. :love:

Actually, I'm not.

Honestly I think it speaks loads more about the people who think that as soon as they see the name.

Mm hmm. Doesn't negate that fact that TPCi is going to be blamed for it, though.

Cofagrigus = Co fag rigus. Something tells me that TPCi is going to get a lot of shit over that.

Someone made a joke with that about our favorite "co-fag", Regis Philbin.

Abra.

A Bra.

I rest my case.

I agree. Also, Black and White for version names? That's obviously racist.

:>

Someone made a joke with that about our favorite "co-fag", Regis Philbin.

Huh? This got to Regis Philbin already?

Or is there a joke that I'm just not getting?

Basmati?

Basmati gives you a C-gear?

Fennel is better than that.

I'd prefer Basmati. At least it doesn't make me think of flannel shirts.

Huh? This got to Regis Philbin already?

Or is there a joke that I'm just not getting?

Cofagrigus = Co-fag Regis. I chortled at that.

The only ones I don't like are Woobat and Scraggy.

Woobat sounds too much like Wombat, which isn't a bat at all.

Also, it rhymes with Zooooobat, which really sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom