• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Lone Does Art (Badly)

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
So, uhh, I kinda like drawing, not that good at it though. But, like, I wanna get better at it, and there's no way to get better other than to practice right? So, like, that's what this thread's for. I think it'll be kinda cool to have all of my art in one place so both I and other people can see me make progress as it happens. Plus, I figure that I'll be more motivated to keep going and practice if there's people to see my stuff and give me pointers.

So, as for what the first things I'm putting in here, I decided that I kinda wanted to do Inktober, so that's what I'm gonna start off with. For those who don't know, Inktober is an event where artists follow a list of prompts to make a series of 31 ink drawings, that's one for each day of October. However, due to the fact that I only really decided this a couple of days ago (and because I have other stuff to do), I'm not really gonna stick to the "Drawing a day" format, and instead will just work on drawings when I get time, and post them when they're done. But I'm still gonna be keeping to the spirit of the event by following the official art prompts and doing them all in order.
prompt.jpg
Now, I have got some ideas for a few, but most of them are things I'm gonna figure out when I get to them, so I'm not gonna leave any kind of list for what to expect, beyond something at least tangentially related to the prompt for that piece.

Also, since my goal is to improve over time, I'd really appreciate any kind of constructive criticism you could give. If there's a part you think I did well, please tell me, it'll make me happy, but in the same way, if you see something I didn't do well, tell me what it was, why it doesn't look right, and how I could improve, it'll really help me out.

Inktober Prompt 1: Swift
  • Staff
So, here's the first piece I made for my Inktober series. The prompt was "swift", and the first thing that came into my head was the Pokemon move named Swift. The first Pokemon that came to mind performing the move was Aipom, so that's the one I went with.
Swift.png
So, what do you think? And be honest, just telling me it's good isn't gonna help me improve any.

It is a good drawing though!

I would work more on the proportions. The tail and legs look a bit off compared to the rest, and the hand of the tail might need some work as well (but yeah, hands are hard). I'd also make those small sparkles/stars a bit more varied and spread, as they seem a bit too compact, if that makes sense?

The drawing overall is well done, though. The lines are pretty clean, but not boring to look at, and the head looks really good. Nice work! :D

Randomly Smeargle
  • Staff
Hey, been a while since I put somethin' in here huh? That second "Inktober prompt" thing, that's uhh, that's comin'... Eventually. I may have bitten off a bit more than I could chew for that one, and I'm just scared to start on the hair of an anime kid.
In the meantime though, a conversation I was in got me in the mood to draw Smeargle, and when it was done I didn't actually think it was terrible. So I'm putting it in here for all of you to enjoy.
Enjoy:
IMG_20180222_215043.jpg
As before any kind of constructive criticism is welcomed. If you think there's something I screwed up on or could work on a bit, don't be afraid to tell me.

Back
Top Bottom