• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

LT Weekly Poll #8 - Do you still play the older generations?

Which older generations do you still play? (Multiple Choice)

• Generation I (RGBY)

Votes: 43 36.4%
  • Generation II (GSC)

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • Generation III (RSEFRLG)

Votes: 84 71.2%
  • Generation IV (DPtHGSS)

Votes: 99 83.9%
  • None.

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters
I play a bit of Gen 4 every now and then. Just because of White's super awesome post-game.

Yeah I still play FireRed and LeafGreen. I'm actually looking to buy Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald again so I can play those games. (Don't really wanna wait for remakes) Then I haven't even beat Diamond or Platinum yet and I still have to beat HeartGold as well.

Me? I play Generation IV more that V, actually... I think Generation V feels boring, since Gym Leader Rematches are not in Black and White (although, if the third version will be made, I'm sure they'll put it back).

I don't play gen I or II cuz they've got their better remakes.

I play the Hoenn games from time to time when I miss Steven XDD I also replay Platinum whenever I'm feeling up for a long game-play

Currently, I restarted Soulsilver. (I might even restart Black when winter vacation starts... XDD)

IV and II, however the save on Silver died, so any time I turn it off, I have to start over. It's still good for nostalgia, though. Ah, those were the days, though I've probably romanticized my childhood.

I play Pocket Monsters Green. I would like to play Silver, but I'm afraid the battery will die again. Instead, I play Soulsilver, which is my favorite Pokemon game. They managed to make Soulsilver so that you don't tire of it; there is always something to do.

I'm playing through Green Version, and recently I've been on Red Version to play around with the Mew glitch. I caught an Anthrax (glitch Pokémon #250).
Generation II I can't play because of the battery issue (there have been times where I've wanted to play it)
And then very rarely, but every once in a while, I get on HeartGold. I still haven't beaten the Kanto region yet.

Yes. In fact, I'm replaying Diamond right now. Oh my God, after playing Black, I'm falling asleep because the battles are so slow!

Of course I do! Currently I'm playing through Gold. I also have Red, Firered, Silver (doesn't save),Diamond and Playinum.

I'm replaying Emerald, and I'm trying to rebuild my streak in the Battle Factory. Maybe I'd probably replay Pt sometime later.

I've played Gen I, III, IV, just for fun, or to nuzlock, I haven't been able to play gen II, because of dead batteries, it they were still good, I would play gen II.

I still play Emerald ( Progess is going rather slowly but that's beside the point. :p ) it's been an epic journey! Still have a long way to go though, I only just got my 5th Gym Badge from Norman ( aka Your Dad in this game! ) and I occasionally play Platinum which I've finished. Playing Heartgold currently, just to need beat Red and catch some legendaries then Emerald will be played nonstop :D.

I still play Emerald and sometimes Sapphire. Awesome games, Hoenn has to be the best Generation along Generation V. Everything is good in RSE. Just the feeling of battling the Leaders and Rayquaza makes me want to play it again. I tried playing Blue/Yellow and Crystal, but I can't stand most of the Kanto/Johto dull Pokémon. Sure, I liked them when I was a kid, but after Hoenn my perspective changed after Sapphire. And the remakes (FRLG) aren't that good also.

My Dad went and found an old Gameboy in my closet and he gave it to me. I actually went and bought Pokemon Yellow to play with. Right now I am at Victory Road.

I voted for all of them.

Gen IV: Still play mainly because it's my favourite. Currently doing a run on my spare Platinum.

Gen III: I recently completed the Pokedex on Emerald and LeafGreen. Also, I have to play this gen in order to play in Hoenn.

Gen I: Bought a copy of Green around Christmas to play. Sometimes play my RBY too.

Gen II: My least played generation nowadays. Silver and Crystal have dead batteries. I do pick up Gold every once in a while, but I don't play as much as I did in the past because HGSS exist and I'm dreading the day in which its battery dies too. And I don't trust myself or someone else with replacing the battery.

I was working on my living Pokedex in HG today. One day I will finish it. I have also been thinking to start a new Gen III lately.

Yep! :3 I still play Leafgreen, Emerald, and all the Gen IV games. Leafgreen/Emerald because I just got them not too long ago, lol. Same for HG/SS/P/PT XD. But yes, I do. :3 I love the older games so much. I just wish I could play R/B/Y and G/S/C. I would love to experience what alot of you did when you guys played them, but I can't since I don't own a regular Gameboy for them, and they're so expensive for real ones... So i'll just stick with Leafgreen and HG/SS for now. :3
But yeah, I do. Feels weird saying it, since I'm pretty new Pokemon player, but oh well. :3

Yeah, they're still good games and a lot of them have become nostalgic for me. I was so hyped to finally get the Unova games(and I honestly thought Black and White 2 would be final games because of the World Tournament) that I started all my old games over while stilling having Unova as my main focus on finishing. My goal is to be done with all my games so I can focus 100% on X and Y(which I won't be getting for a while because I'm so broke right now that I still don't have a 3DS. I only got the original Black and the sequel White 2 as a late birthday present from my not so broke relatives).

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom