• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review M13: Zoroark: Master of Illusions

The 'World of Pokemon' segment seems to be missing. (Plus the scene where the trio goes to the Pokemon Center and watches Pokemon Baccer on TV) The movie started right with the opening credits, and that never happens...

They cut out the first 10 minutes of the movie that explained a lot of things...

Why? Dear god it better be on the DVD.

Already annoyed by the Pokemon voices. Zorua also sounds WAY too feminine to be a male. Sure, he's supposed to be young, but that "teehee"-ing is painful to hear. X_x

I don't think it's TPCi's fault as much as CN wanting to cut it for time constraints...

Also, from what I can hear Kodai sounds like Sean Schemmel.

Well Zorua looks super cute but its transformation and the smiles made me think of Gengar or Crogunk

What in the world? They just like cut out the whole beginning what did they think it was too violent or something? They should have had Zorua explain what happened to Meema is that how it's spelt? And have like that whole scene like a flashback

Cartoon Network skipped the first five or so minutes of the film. Instead they first air the intro, without any just cause or explanation, as if they were unaware that there were scenes ahead of the intro. Any viewer who never watched the original version would be like: "WTF?"

This is what CN skipped because they had to preserve their 2-hour timeslot ((7:00-9:00 PM EST) so Adult Swim can air.

- World of Pokemon segment (Ash and Pikachu battling Jimmy/Kenta and his Donphan).
- Ash and co. watching a Pokemon Baccer match at a nearby a Pokemon Center. They soon watch Gingas Kodai and his "legendary pokemon" as they reveal that the Pokemon Baccer Tournament will be held in Crown City, inspiring Ash and co. to travel there to watch.
- Gingas Kodai is on his airship holding Zoroark hostage along with holograms of the three Legendary Beasts he claimed to use for Pokemon Baccer. Zoroark using its Illusion ability which was cancelled out by Kodai's device (which, again, will be significant later on in the film).
- Zorua escaping from Kodai's ship, as Goon's Ninjask tried to stop it. Zorua jumped out of the airship and transformed into a Skiploom.

And now they are in commercial (five minutes of commercials, I may add, minutes that could have been used in tandem with the first parts of the film). So far it's a bad start.

On another note, Zorua refers to Zoroark as "Meema."

Seriously, why cut the first 10 minutes that has a lot of explaining for what's going to happen in the movie for time constraints?

Fucking Cartoon Network.

I loved seeing Proof just now! Originally, she was ramblingon about the Tengan fighters right? So it makes sense it's changed to Coronet Fighters. Plus she said "heart and soul" lol

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom