• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review M13: Zoroark: Master of Illusions

Has CN ever took parts out? I don't recall them ever taking things out, especially from a first airing.

If it was the time slot they were worried about, why did they air Giratina?

Zoroark is Zorua's mom. His adopted mom, but his mom.

I loved seeing Proof just now! Originally, she was ramblingon about the Tengan fighters right? So it makes sense it's changed to Coronet Fighters. Plus she said "heart and soul" lol

what was her cheer? and how was her voice acter

I can't help but complain to Cartoon Network's decision to skip the first ten minutes of the film. Doing so not only offended a fan of the franchise, but also any person who is watching this film for the first time through this special.

Elements such as the Pokemon Baccer tournament, Zoroark reigning terror in Crown City, and how Zorua came to be were omitted from the beginnings of the film.

This film needed its first ten minutes the most, imo.

Several important plot elements, some of which were significant to shaping the events later in the film, were explained during the first ten minutes.

You want to know what the worst part of this is? In just a half-hour of movie time, Cartoon Network already aired 10 minutes of commercials! These extra ten minutes could have been used to show additional parts of the film.

Kurt's English name is "Carl," by the way.

I loved seeing Proof just now! Originally, she was ramblingon about the Tengan fighters right? So it makes sense it's changed to Coronet Fighters.

Yes, Mt. Tengan = Mt. Coronet.

The translation is spot on here.

Last edited:
Has CN ever took parts out? I don't recall them ever taking things out, especially from a first airing.

If it was the time slot they were worried about, why did they air Giratina?

Under Snyder, Cartoon Network is almost as bad as 4kids with having no reason.

But that discussion is not for this thread. I really...really don't know why it was done other then "Time constraints".

Nope. They're not related.

Yeah but I remember that back in Johto that Heracross vs Scizor match the kids master with Scizor was his father in the Japanese but he wasn't in the english movie. I'm sure it's the same case here I think Zoroark is still Zorua's mother.

Yeah but I remember that back in Johto that Heracross vs Scizor match the kids master with Scizor was his father in the Japanese but he wasn't in the english movie. I'm sure it's the same case here I think Zoroark is still Zorua's mother.

Zorua and Zoroark aren't related in Japanese either.

What the hell is with the cuts?

Cartoon Network.

And I saw the preview finally. Looks cool, but I'll definitely have to have someone record it so I can watch it again to really get a feel of Iris' voice.

Nope. They're not related.

Which always intrigued me. Considering Zorua and Zorroark constitute an evolution family, it seems a ittle strange that the ones here are not related.

Not trying to get in trouble because of the VA ban, but I think Karl/Kurt is being voiced by Wayne Grayson. Does anyone know his VA?

I swear that flower lady sounds just like Shin-Chan's Mom in the English Version it's gotta be him. Kodai sounds like Cyrus.

I'm gonna laugh if Vic Mignogna shows up.

Last edited:
Why can't they just air the entire pokemon episode. It's good so far, but they cut out a scene I wanted to see.

Cartoon Network.

And I saw the preview finally. Looks cool, but I'll definitely have to have someone record it so I can watch it again to really get a feel of Iris' voice.

Please leave Black & White promo discussion to the Black & White speculation thread.

What! I liked that scene when they were watching the Baccer cup for obvious reasons. This sucks! I'm sure it's not Tpci's fault, but I guess we'll have to wait for a DVD release to ever see the hidden scenes.

Please leave Black & White promo discussion to the Black & White speculation thread.

Alright. Mainly mentioned it here due to catching it during the movie.

Anyway...Has there been any cuts besides the first 10 minutes so far? It feels butchered enough with the first 10 minutes missing.

Also, I can't tell if Zoroark's Japanese VA was kept. Was it?

I like Crown City's design the vegetation and big building and labyrinth's and mazes and crazy technology and business is crazy.

I'm getting the manga of this for sure.

Last edited:
Well the anime commercial wasnt too bad, Ash's eyes turned brown lol

But I tstill am trying to understand whats going on. I would've liked an intro scene like with the last 2 movies

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom