• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M16: ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: M16 "Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo's Revival"

Have any human villains been revealed yet? I haven't been following too closely. Hopefully Giovanni is in the movie

Have any human villains been revealed yet? I haven't been following too closely. Hopefully Giovanni is in the movie
The only human characters listed on the official website are Ash and co. Chances are that any other characters will have a minor role, if that.

Wow, judging from the trailer it looks like we're going to get a massive showdown once again. Mewtwo looks as badass as ever and those rumors about the real Mewtwo still having to be revealed... I've got to say that it's getting me excited. Yes, I'm looking forward to this movie!

The trailer has made me twice more excited than before, boy am I glad Ash remembered Mewtwo right away, maybe we will slowly get our AG or D/P Ash back.
I really hope we get flashbacks from the Mewtwo films, that'd be icing on the cake for me.

I really hope we get flashbacks from the Mewtwo films, that'd be icing on the cake for me.
They should do that in one of the episodes leading up to the movie. Since the movie will only be about 70 minutes long, flashbacks would detract from it.

They should do that in one of the episodes leading up to the movie. Since the movie will only be about 70 minutes long, flashbacks would detract from it.

They had flashbacks in the Lucario movie.

What I'm curious about is, why is Mewtwo here?
I saw a few memes about Mewtwo living in Unova since he was on skyscrapers and whatnot. Maybe, that is true that he found a home in Unova?
Also, why are the Genesect attacking the city?

A combination of blind rage and apparently looking for a place to build their... nest or whatever that thing is.

A combination of blind rage and apparently looking for a place to build their... nest or whatever that thing is.
No, its actually cause Colress has an automated message playing when they break free that everyone is an enemy, and that everything must be destroyed. Misguided rage then blind rage.

I'm actually kinda satisfied that Satoshi does recognize Mewtwo.

Yes because Genosect vs Mewtwo wouldn't make people think that, especially with the continuation of Charizard being in the movie.

I think by the time of the movie, Team Plasma would be wiped out.
And I don't think that Team Rocket should have any control whatsoever on Mewtwo.

I'm actually kinda satisfied that Satoshi does recognize Mewtwo.
It's pretty funny that this doesn't go without saying.

Well given he and Team Rocket are the only ones who would recognize it, of course it should be stated. I'm sure the writers didn't forget that Mewtwo didn't erase their memories in their second appearance.

I actually wonder if this movie will have brief flashback scenes to either the first movie or the returns special, I can see Mewtwo getting a flashback sequence like Charizard did just so kids can see where the hell he came from.

That large cocoon, ancient genesect incoming?
The lack of merchandise placeholders indicates otherwise. That cocoon is probably meant to hold trespassers like the TRio.

What are merchandise placeholders?

No, its actually cause Colress has an automated message playing when they break free that everyone is an enemy, and that everything must be destroyed. Misguided rage then blind rage.

That seems extremely dark for Pokemon, even for a movie, and reminds me of Brave New World. What's your source for this? I'm interested to find out more.

Hopefully Giovanni is in the movie

He may still be in it yet - if he is, mostly likely it will be in flashback form (for the kids!), or in a cameo (less likely, but what exactly is he doing back in Kanto? Will we ever know, or hear from him again? e_e).

What are merchandise placeholders?

Blank spots in merchandise advertisements that are for new Pokemon or forms that have yet to be revealed. Last year, Kyurem-B, Kyurem-W, Meloetta, Meloetta-P, and Keldeo-R were all foreshadowed in such a way. This year there's nothing.

Mewtwo and Genesect are basically re-enacting the Brokeback Mountain poster.

An idea I had today, it's a bit speculation and wishing, but I thought I'd share...

First of all, do we know why the Genesect are attacking New Tork? An idea I came up with, and this is based on one of the trailers showed them underground using their attacks which could possibly apply that they're digging beneath the city for some reason, is perhaps there's some rare gem that Colress (or whoever is leading the Genesect) is searching for, possibly related to the Original Dragon or something along those lines. Or just a..."Macguffin", as TVTropes would put it I guess, that doesn't have an exact purpose but more or less would be bad news if it fell into the hands of a group like Team Plasma.

Anyway, this idea ties into my idea of Sableye's role, being that perhaps it ends up eating this gem unknowingly, and thus the entire film it's secretly holding the "main plot". Perhaps by eating this gem it could even evolve into the speculated Sableye evolution, which I think is a fitting evolution method for a gem-eating Pokemon that could be replicated within XY via a similar item. I expect that the possible Sableye evolution may play up the gemstone nature of Sableye moreso than the Ghost/Dark Typing which isn't even that special since Spiritomb came into being.

My idea for Mewtwo resides in the idea of "Kakusei", which apparently can mean multiple things, such as a reawakening or revival, or one definition I saw...purification. I think it would be interesting if perhaps, as a side-effect of the cloning process that birthed Mewtwo, he's beginning to undergo symptoms that cause his body to fluctuate, like its beginning to break down, thus his fighting against the Genesect isn't simply to save the Genesect from what humans have done to them, but also a "suicide mission"...he wants to do one last good thing before his body breaks down. Or something along those lines. Anyway, here's my idea which also ties into X and Y and the Bond System. So, blah blah blah, movie plot happens, and in the end Red Genesect and Mewtwo team up to take down a bigger threat. One idea I had was perhaps something happens to the other four Genesect that causes them to go completely out of control, even more so than before, to the point they begin to attack Red Genesect itself.

Anyway, Red Genesect has a change of heart, and works alongside Mewtwo, ultimately sacrificing itself to save Mewtwo when his body begins to deteriorate by having its armor merge with Mewtwo, so Mewtwo becomes an armored forme known as "New Mewtwo", or "Shin Mewtwo", which sounds cool for a Japanese name. Red Genesect without its armor reverts into its original forme, "Ancient Genesect", and uses its last bit of strength to help free its friends from their armor too. So, in the end, the Genesect are free (but perhaps the Red Genesect ultimately dies), and Mewtwo has new armor which allows it to live on until a cure can be found for its body deteriorating, also wearing the armor as a keepsake of its fallen friend, and seeks out a purpose in life...to save other Pokemon, so like a Superhero.

Anyway, X and Y comes out, and through the Bond System or whatever, Mewtwo and Genesect (either the Shiny Red or normal Purple, which influences the armor color of Shin Mewtwo perhaps) can be used together to switch Formes...Mewtwo is given Genesect's armor and becomes Shin Forme, becoming Psychic/Steel and perhaps trading offense for defense powers, while Genesect becomes Ancient Forme, Bug/Rock, and gains more physical attack and speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom