• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M18: The Archdjinni of the Rings: Hoopa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sighs... These movies are so predictable and the plot is just about Legendaries fighting against each other..how generic. We are just getting an epic legendary fight between the two Primals in Mega Act 3 and now where getting pretty much the same scenario in this movie again except this time with more legendries.

Here is the trailer from the official Pokemon youtube channel and it's in good quality.

[video=youtube;0E4CXSWG2oU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E4CXSWG2oU[/video]

The guy who is holding the Prison Bottle on the poster is called The Traveler.

I just noticed something after watching the trailers. Is Hoopa actually talking? WITH ITS MOUTH? No telepathy stuff this time?

Those evil eyes in the background when Hoopa becomes possessed, reeeally look scary. Seems to be a pretty mature, cool movie.
Plus it seems we'll get legendaries galore, so I hope the whole things will turn out to be just epic!

Hoopa going Unbound makes him grow to a whopping 21 ft! Making him the 3rd tallest legendary right behind Rayquaza/Mega Rayquaza and Primal Kyogre! Also the humans introduced have different necklaces on them, and the guy channeling magic into that bottle has a necklace that looks like the ring around Arceus.

Maybe the necklaces represent a clan/tribe?

image.jpg image.jpg

I'm hyped about the legendary fight, hopefully it lasts at least two minutes (my hopes aren't too high). Hopefully Arceus gets a good role. But I'm de-hyped about the plot, one more time the legendary is just a cute victim of the circunstances and is being chased by a villain, but at least this time is not forced and has a reason (looking at you, Shaymin and Victini).

I am pretty happy with the movie, but I wish the preview show us that Ho-oh will also be in the movie. It is the only true legendary Pokemon that never had a shot to be in one. If Ho-oh does appear, it will not be for a split second, but for a while, to show its battle ability.

Most of the footage from the trailer probably isn't in the movie so I wouldn't get to hyped. Rarely are any pokemon movie trailers honest.

Most of the footage from the trailer probably isn't in the movie so I wouldn't get to hyped. Rarely are any Pokemon movie trailers honest.

You've a point there, in the teaser trailers for the Diancie movie, Ash and the gang's Pokemon get separated, it looked like Yvetal was awakened while they were in the Diamond Colony(or whatever it's called) And the gang themselves were separated as well...maybe they rewrote it? Or was it shown to the audience to get the hype-train rolling?

Most of the footage from the trailer probably isn't in the movie so I wouldn't get to hyped. Rarely are any Pokemon movie trailers honest.

You've a point there, in the teaser trailers for the Diancie movie, Ash and the gang's Pokemon get separated, it looked like Yvetal was awakened while they were in the Diamond Colony(or whatever it's called) And the gang themselves were separated as well...maybe they rewrote it? Or was it shown to the audience to get the hype-train rolling?

The Diancie movie was one of the better ones in this department. Remember in the Darkrai movie where people thought Pidgeot was coming back because there was trailer footage of Ash riding on one? Or in the Kyurem movie where Ash meets the musketeers in a mining town that doesn't exist in the movie. If these are rewrites these are some pretty big ones. Though some things in trailer footage are used in a different way in the finished product. I remember the Lucario movie having a shot of Lucario seemingly dead on a mountain path which didn't happen but he still dies regardless at the end.

These early trailers are neither rewrites nor cut footage. What most likely happens is that Animation Team A is working on the movie and doesn't have enough finished footage to release a trailer so they give Animation Team B some rough ideas and character designs and they go from there. That's why these trailers never go beyond anything other than "These legendary pokemon appear! There will be battles! Here's a shot of Satoshi shouting out!"

It's also extremely likely that the voice of Hoopa we hear in the current trailer is just a placeholder until the character's actually cast.

These early trailers are neither rewrites nor cut footage. What most likely happens is that Animation Team A is working on the movie and doesn't have enough finished footage to release a trailer so they give Animation Team B some rough ideas and character designs and they go from there. That's why these trailers never go beyond anything other than "These legendary pokemon appear! There will be battles! Here's a shot of Satoshi shouting out!"

Except when they released a trailer for the Zoroark Movie it was a battle footage of Lugia vs Ho-oh, and neither of them appeared... :/ I guess this could be more an exception than the norm, but if the trailers are going to be different from what's actually in the movie, they should just stick with posters instead of trailers.

Here is the full version of the recently released trailer.

[video=youtube;1BfOfo-Cxsc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BfOfo-Cxsc[/video]

Found another poster, nothing new, but it looks amazing :p

B_hLUqKU0AAVwC_.jpg

If they made the fight of the legendaries be in the posters, it will mean this plot plan is basically set in stone.

Just went to the official Pokemon movie site for more information about the story (BTW, they already updated the story part with new summary). Seems like the Prison Bottle is the cause for the legendary Pokemon panic, as the evil aura leak from the bottle is the same as those aura that surround the rampage legendaries. In order to stop Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Kyurem from destroying Desel City, Hoopa summons other legendary Pokemons Latios, Latias, Lugia, Shiny Mega Rayquaza, possibly Arceus as well to fight the rampage legendary Pokemons. But at the final stage, it seems like Hoopa itself is also affected by the evil aura of Prison Bottle......

To tell the truth, I don't like the appearance of such massive amount of legendaries, not just they are shove down into our throat, but legendaries are being abused for the sake of producing superficial epicness. In short: fan-service. And this is not just any fan-service of normal level, this is being too abusive which is an insult also to the featured legendaries.

Though, it produced the effect that was most wanted by the movie producer(s): Pre-hypes from the fans, which will ultimately becomes money in box office.

Here are some images about this movie.

dcFwFub.jpg
4U4zoRV.jpg
SR4zkCM.jpg
7oLc8vh.jpg
mq18VJK.jpg
t9PBOPG.jpg

Here are some images about this movie.

dcFwFub.jpg

Regigigas and Zekrom and Reshiram? Duh! They are not even in the Movie Site, or any of the Posters. (nor any pictures in this magazine)

This is too much of a stretch from the Magazine side of putting all Legendaries into the movie. Lucky the Magazine Editors aren't drunk enough to include Ho-oh.

Still no Goodra I see. Omg @ Ash riding on Latios though. I'm shaking and crying. Now I'm waiting for Hoopa Unbound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom