• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M18: The Archdjinni of the Rings: Hoopa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of like how Clemont has his gadget from his game counterpart.

New poster for the movie.
itctMZ0.jpg
The guy from the very right and left. I wonder who are they? Their characteristics seems a little bit serious

The pair of red eyes near the top..is that Zygarde, Hoopa Unbound, Volcanion...or something else?

What's the dude on the right holding? Looks like Cradily's head or something.

i reckon the guy in the far right will be someone hoping to use hoopa and turn it into hoopa unbound so he can catch a load of legendaries, while the people of the far left will be trying to stop him, so ash befriends hoopa and tries to protect it from the guy trying to change it to its unbound form. however he is unsuccessful and hoopa changes form and all the legendaries appear and there is a big battle before ash saves the day. On a side note this is the first pokemon film i've been excited about for a long time, i just hope the UK gets most of the events that will probably be released in Japan

Or, that guy is trying to sustain Hoopa, making Hoopa the main antagonist, its probably going to make Ash think he's the bad guy, but he's probably one of its anchors to becoming unbound.

It is the Mischief Pokemon, after all.

They better throw in some references to past movies with all those Legendaries. At least have Ash recognize a few of them. Anyway, first real movie to feature Groudon, except for the fake one in M06.

Hoping for some tie-ins with the Mega Evolution Special too. M17 had a few, albeit minor. Although, how explain a different Rayquaza, a Shiny one at that? A Rayquaza is rare enough already. They never really explained the Shiny Beasts in M14, but a Shiny Rayquaza is a pretty major thing IMO.

I'm liking the "1001-nights theme" the featured humans of the movie apparently have. Hasn't really been a theme in the anime if I recall correctly, and it fits with Hoopa being a genie.

I believe we've found our villain and supporting characters for the evening (who look like Fire Emblem characters)

Okay, this just popped into me head and now I'm curious...

Mega-Mewtwo X :confused:

Update: especially thanks to those suspicious red eyes in the background of the poster... :uhoh:

Last edited:
Trailer
- A man reaches a hand towards a bottle.
- Ash meets Hoopa.
- Legenedary Pokemon start rampaging in a city.
- Hoopa starts to glow.
- Hoopa smiles evilly.

Wow, after seeing that trailer, I'm actually becoming more interested in this movie. Hoopa is so cute!

Also, Hoopa's ring portals look a lot like the ones from the games where you can catch legendaries. That's pretty cool.

Last edited:
Complete chaos..Hoopa gets carried away it seems! And all that fun is diminished once it turns unbound...

Edit: Dunno what happened to the video here o_O
I'll repost it, I guess?
[video=youtube;8Hfc100Kz7c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hfc100Kz7c[/video]

Lugia looked fierce, but I'm not impressed with all these Legendaries being shoved in our faces; I fear that this film'll be a hot mess.

By the looks of the trailer, I can tell that the movie will be crazy and awesome at the same time! With Hoopa creating rings to have a bunch of legendary Pokemon appearing all at once and creating chaos as they start fighting. This will also mark Dialga's 4th time appearing in a movie, breaking his own record.

I like the idea of Latias, Latios, Lugia and Rayquaza being the good legendaries. Are Reshiram, Zekrom and Regigigas going to be in the movie? They were included in a movie-related Rayquaza poster.

I don't know why any ethical player would want to change Hoopa's Forme after watching the movie...

I like the idea of Latias, Latios, Lugia and Rayquaza being the good legendaries. Are Reshiram, Zekrom and Regigigas going to be in the movie? They were included in a movie-related Rayquaza poster.

I don't know why any ethical player would want to change Hoopa's Forme after watching the movie...
I know, right? It seems that that the possibility of Hoopa Unbound being an evil split personality just became highly likely. I knew it!

Also, having Pokemon tackle multiple personalities would be new territory for the Anime. I like where this movie is going!

I guess this is gonna end up like Dragon Ball Z, with Hoopa having a somewhat Fat Buu/Evil Buu personality dichotomy.

Sometimes I can't tell if you're serious or not with these moral quandaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom