• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M18: The Archdjinni of the Rings: Hoopa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Movie 18

Plot for the new movie:

On his way to becoming a Pokemon Master, Ash and his companions continue on with their journey. On their way, they arrived at a Pokemon Center in the desert.

While having donuts during their rest, a mysterious ring suddenly appeared behind them. A hand stretched out from within the ring and grabbed the donuts. "Wait!" Ash shouted. Clinging to the hand with Pikachu by his side, they were pulled into the ring, which immediately disappeared into thin air. Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie were left behind and taken aback by what happened to the two.

"Appear~!" Ash and Pikachu were sent flying out of the ring. Noticing the sudden change of scenery, Ash became confused and confronted the culprit. "Ishishishi! Are you surprised?" "What are you?" "Hoopa!" Large towers appeared in the distance. Ash and Pikachu had travelled through the ring and teleported to their destination - Désert City.

Meeting with the mysterious Pokémon Hoopa for the first time, what is the true identity of this Pokemon? What is the mysterious power behind its rings? Ash, Pikachu, and Hoopa's adventure begins to unfold!

So Ash stars in this movie? hope the next 2 XY movies will focus on the others :eek:

I don't think Hoopa's Unbound forme will be the only new forme that will be revealed in this new movie. I'm sure Primal Zygarde X and Primal Zygarde Y will be revealed in this movie as well, to promote the upcoming Pokémon X2 and Pokémon Y2 on Nintendo 3DS in 2015.

I don't think Hoopa's Unbound forme will be the only new forme that will be revealed in this new movie. I'm sure Primal Zygarde X and Primal Zygarde Y will be revealed in this movie as well, to promote the upcoming Pokémon X2 and Pokémon Y2 on Nintendo 3DS in 2015.
Nothing hints at Zygarde being in this movie. The title only alludes to Hoopa and doesn't lend itself to an expansion which would include Zygarde. And the "upcoming" sequels you speak of were pretty much ruled out by Masuda: "Instead of doing a direct sequel to X/Y we're tying it together in some unique ways."

Plot for the new movie:

On his way to becoming a Pokemon Master, Ash and his companions continue on with their journey. On their way, they arrived at a Pokemon Center in the desert.

While having donuts during their rest, a mysterious ring suddenly appeared behind them. A hand stretched out from within the ring and grabbed the donuts. "Wait!" Ash shouted. Clinging to the hand with Pikachu by his side, they were pulled into the ring, which immediately disappeared into thin air. Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie were left behind and taken aback by what happened to the two.

"Appear~!" Ash and Pikachu were sent flying out of the ring. Noticing the sudden change of scenery, Ash became confused and confronted the culprit. "Ishishishi! Are you surprised?" "What are you?" "Hoopa!" Large towers appeared in the distance. Ash and Pikachu had travelled through the ring and teleported to their destination - Désert City.

Meeting with the mysterious Pokémon Hoopa for the first time, what is the true identity of this Pokemon? What is the mysterious power behind its rings? Ash, Pikachu, and Hoopa's adventure begins to unfold!

Based on this summary, I have come up with a possible scenario:

The manner in which Hoopa spoke seems to indicate that it was trying to get Ash into that dimension on purpose. I predict that it wants Ash to help it protect a city full of refugees, both human and Pokémon from the Weather Trio's conflict brought upon by an evil, shiny Hoopa.

It's either that, or Hoopa knows that Ash's been chosen by Ho-Oh and other Legendary Pokémon, so it figures it can trick him into helping enslave the Weather Trio.

Where are people getting that the setting will be based on Dubai? I haven't seen that mentioned in any of the promotional materials for this movie so far.

Where are people getting that the setting will be based on Dubai? I haven't seen that mentioned in any of the promotional materials for this movie so far.

The buildings in the movie shares some resemblance to the ones in Dubai. The fact that it would be in a desert and Hoopa being inspired by a djinni do give some credit to it. It's only speculations though.

Based on this summary, I have come up with a possible scenario:

The manner in which Hoopa spoke seems to indicate that it was trying to get Ash into that dimension on purpose. I predict that it wants Ash to help it protect a city full of refugees, both human and Pokémon from the Weather Trio's conflict brought upon by an evil, shiny Hoopa.

It's either that, or Hoopa knows that Ash's been chosen by Ho-Oh and other Legendary Pokémon, so it figures it can trick him into helping enslave the Weather Trio.

Here's what I think will happen:

Hoopa: Thanks for the donuts, kid! What can I do to return the favor?
Ash: Well, if you don't mind, you think you could use your powers to take me to alternate universe to see a GOOD fight between Groudon and Kyogre? The one that I saw really, really, really sucked.
Hoopa: Sure! If we get there in time we can see Rayquaza get involved. Maybe later we can check out a better version of the Team Plasma arc while we're at it.
Ash: Awesome.

Is there any new information here? Probably not, but I don't know. @Dogasu; @捷克羅姆; @G50; @bluesun;

ezbCAVb.jpg

Toy releases for Luxray and Goodra in February, and for Latias, Latios and Metagross in March? The latter are probably for Mega Evolution Act III, but I don't see Goodra debuting as early as next month (if only for XY065 featuring Sliggoo). Luxio might as well evolve in XY062.

So Lugia, Latios, Latias, Dialga, Palkia, Regigigas, Giratina, Arceus, Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem will all be appearing in this movie as well.

RI8krip.jpg
h189etr.jpg

Last edited:
The realist in me expects these to be tiny little cameos at the end. The dreamer in me wants this to be a big, destructive battle with some storyboarding by Asada Yuuji.

Even if they do appear, it's highly doubtful that they'll be the same characters from the other movies. Remember the sixteenth film with Mewtwo?

While Lugia, Latios, and Regigigas are justified, Arceus will be harder to explain if it's not the same one from M12.

Well, they sort of explained its origins in that special.
"Sort of" being the key words. They rehashed the background (in a generic way) without acknowledging the repetition or any connection to the original story (which had actual depth). They didn't even bother to explain just who was behind the experiment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom