• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M20: I Choose You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not everyone grew with the English dub. I grew with the Canadian French one (which got discontinued, and I will never watch Pokémon in European French because the names are different).

Yes. The Hindi dub introduced me to Pokemon. And I was watching all the Raichu related episodes in English (Electric Shock Showdown, Pika and Goliath, Raichu vs Mega Sceptile and the Pancake race one), Inreally didn’t notice a drastic difference in the voices of Veronica Taylor and Sarah Natochenny. Anyway, not one to hate one dub over another.
but I disliked both of their voices as Ash

Whoa! According to Bulbapedia, Pikachu actually talks in this movie! Can someone who has seen the original confirm or deny this? And if it's true, how do you think the dub will handle it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa! According to Bulbapedia, Pikachu actually talks in this movie! Can someone who has seen the original confirm or deny this? And if it's true, how do you think the dub will handle it?
It's already confirmed many times before. It's a mystery how would they translate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just placed spoiler tags on the posts above, as they refer to pieces of information that are found only within the movie as far as I believe and not in any previews, so people might wish to avoid seeing it.

Yes, it is true, Pikachu does talk in the human language (which will be, for the American dub, presumably English). It is an interesting question since the cast only has Ikue Ohtani as the voice actress of Pikachu for the film, so I assume (I have not seen it, so if someone who has would like to verify this) that she speaks in Japanese during this part. Which is an interesting problem for the dubbers - what VA will they use in order to overcome this? Surely they will adapt this scene, it seems there's too much emphasis on it to just cut it out.

The movie will be shown in Taiwan starting November 17, with some showings with Mandarin audio/Chinese subtitles and others with Japanese audio/Chinese subtitles. Full announcement

PKM20_main.jpg

Just made my reservation. Nov 05 I'll be finally seeing the movie! (I'm not thath thrilled actually, I basically know everything xD However rewatching the first episode and important random scenes from OS is everything).

When was the last time we saw two fully evolved fire type starters fighting each other? The last time i remember is Ash vs Harrison when Charizard and Blaziken duked it out.

I am really excited for the Charizard vs Incineroar battle.

To be honest, i would have preferred a movie in the same timeline as the anime, maybe a flashback movie or something. But i am still excited.

The movie will be shown in Taiwan starting November 17, with some showings with Mandarin audio/Chinese subtitles and others with Japanese audio/Chinese subtitles. Full announcement

PKM20_main.jpg

Why can't we have the option of Japanese audio with English subtitles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom