• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M20: I Choose You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems weird to air the finale as a standalone instead of using it to close the marathon, IMO.

Well since SM043 leads on from the end of SM042, it could entice people to watch the following week by using SM042 as a cliffhanger. Or maybe they could only air the marathon on the 25th.

I had this really weird realisation last night: I'm going to see the film with 3 friends from different eras of my life who all like Pokemon, and each one is the best friend from their respective era! Obviously Pokemon is way more important to strength of bonds than anything else...

Well i listened the italian version of the opening and ending theme song of this movie.
The opening is great, the arrangment is soooooo similar to the Pokémon Theme TV version /not movie version.
The ending theme "Scelgo Te / I choose you" it's a good song, about friendship, the only bad things i think is that it's really too short :( around 1:50 min.
After the ending theme "i choose you" there is another song, an instrumental / piano version of the Pokémon Theme (the same used at the ending of the dubbed trailer of the movie).

Well i listened the italian version of the opening and ending theme song of this movie.
The opening is great, the arrangment is soooooo similar to the Pokémon Theme TV version /not movie version.
The ending theme "Scelgo Te / I choose you" it's a good song, about friendship, the only bad things i think is that it's really too short :( around 1:50 min.
After the ending theme "i choose you" there is another song, an instrumental / piano version of the Pokémon Theme (the same used at the ending of the dubbed trailer of the movie).
Have any idea what the background music is like in the international version? Any significant amount of Japanese BGM kept or is it similar to the XY movies where they kept next to nothing?

My little mistake... the ending theme "I choose you" is 2:55 min lenght

I like it. The signer sounds familiar to me for some reason, but I don't know if I've heard any of his other songs. The music is good and it should cover the whole song, if not the length that it had for the first season. It has a good beat and the signer sounds energetic, which is more than I can say for some of the TPCI openings to be honest. I'm not sure if I like it more than the remix that the fourth movie had, but I'll probably like it more than the XY remix. The XY remix was fine, but it was just a bit too short to really work and the signer was often drowned out by the music. Still, this opening sounds pretty good to me.

Nothing wrong with the remix itself but jeez Louise the singer sounds like he's doing a bad impersonation of Butch!

I think, as the same with the remixed version of Mesaze Pokemon Master that debuted with the Sun and Moon episodes, there is naturally the weight of the original on the shoulders of the composers. Especially a song like Jason Paige's Pokemon Theme, which is extremely recognisable by the public, especially people in their twenties that grew up watching the Original Series - with a song that is embedded in the public conscious, remixing it is always going to lead to some contention. I think a heightened issue with this version versus Mesaze Pokemon Master is the difference in singer too between the two versions, since that is another difficulty to overcome. For me anyways, there's always the danger of over-comparing to the original and therefore nitpicking the remix apart.

With that out of the way, I don't mind the remix, the singer's voice is overly nasally somewhat and at times, comes off as a bit breathless. However, other than that, it's actually not too bad, I braced myself for worse.

Well, singer aside, this version sounds almost identical to the original. I like it.
The second vocalist in particular sounds pretty good, and I honestly feel a female voice fits better for the part than a male one would here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom