• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Endgame - Town/Independent Win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Night 1 - The first victim

Mijz. Why did you use it?

Freezing votes seems like a more useful ability to mafia than to town because mafia could ensure a mislynch with it while town it would not help at all especially in a game with no private communications. It's possible that Mijz is mafia and wanted to ensure Noivern's lynch after his softclaim. It is of course possible for him to just have made a mistake though the ability just doesn't seem right for town.

Also none of these people have posted

1. @Soulmaster;
2. @Stahl;
15. @J J M;
19. @Faerie;
21. @acs1903;
23. @GengarWithSunglasses;

What are your thoughts?

I think its quite a strange role, and yeah, it does seem to be a role that would be more beneficial to mafia. I'm curious as to Mij used it as well, assuming if he were town.

What do you think about everything else that happened?

Also none of these people have posted

1. @Soulmaster;

What are your thoughts?
So this isn't a post?
This goes and happens often, lynching an inactive won't do much. Yes, I for one have been inactive, but I can cite several games where that has happened and close to endgame I have led the town, so it isn't always a good thing. As well as lynching an inactive doesn't always boost activity, the person in question might post more but not necessarily others, again, speaking from experience.

Well that's nice to know. Thanks for pointing that out.

It does seem like a strange role, but I don't see how people are saying it means Mafia. It could just as easily be Town, someone starts a bandwagon against a Mafia and use it and it stays.

@Soulmaster;

What do you have to say about the other discussions?

I am reading through the thread. Hold up. Done.

This first part of my post is long overdue, but I'm going to go at it anyways. I think its become a habit for Spectrum to vote for the host day and it did cause her a lot of trouble in HumanDawn's Pokemon mafia. Her voting for the host is not helpful at all, though I'm a little surprised(and glad)at how much conversation was generated due to it.

Mij probably froze the votes after having the majority of the votes on Noivern because of his "flakiness." Otherwise, I don't see why he would have done so, wasting such an ability(unless its not 1x)because I can see it being a town role as well. Mij had no need to go for Noivern if he were mafia in my opinion as Noivern had already acted in a way that turned heads.

The point brought up about Oswin and jda both voting for mods is interesting. But I think someone mentioned that jda, Oswin, and Froakie are all friends? However, I did think jda's counterargument against my Harpy when she made that argument against Oswin was rather aggressive, if that makes any sense at all. I will agree that she(my harpy)did seem to be singling Oswin out as he was not the only one doing the whole joke vote thing.

@Buoy; Since it wasn't obvious enough to you: My top suspects are neon, noivern, and oswin right now. Also it is scummy that they did that. It shows they were trying to avoid mislynching him with attention already on them. Which could easily mean they are both mafia and know Phoenicks to be town.

I get why Buoy would think this sounded like a scumslip, especially with the way its phrased, seeming to affirm that Phoenicks is town. Terezi seemed to have bought it, and I'm not sure what to think of that, but I'd just like to note it.

I don't know...sometimes Harpy's attempts of trying to scumhunt can backfire on her. Her arguments were not very strong, but its not easy to make a solid argument during an early phase.

And Spectrum is a girl.

Last edited:

It seems like I have a knack for killing power roles regardless of my allignment. Why did I activate my powers so early? Because I wouldn't want them to go to waste. It's the same reason why most of the time I randomly vig someone night 1 when vigilante. It's not wasting an ability if you're gonna get nightkilled before you can use it otherwise (which would most likely have happened otherwise). Why noivern specifically? He was pretty much my main suspect with his constant switchiness, general agreeability and neutrality and already had the votes on him to make the freeze work.

@Mijzelffan; Is it okay if I ask you to post what you think of Midorikawa/Harpy so far?

“A picture is a secret about a secret, the more it tells you the less you know.”

-Diane Arbus

Jimmy Olsen awoke with a start. He had fallen asleep at his desk again. He looked around groggily. His co-workers at The Daily Planet had all left.

Jimmy hit the desk with his fist in frustration. He wanted to get these photos processed by the morning. He loaded the photos he took today into the computer. Jimmy’s stomach growled. He was so tempted to leave and grab a burger. “No,” he thought as he gritted his teeth. “If I find any evidence in these photos, Mr. White will give me that promotion.”

Suddenly, the lights flickered and went out. It was completely dark. Jimmy’s computer shut off along with the lights.

“DAMMIT.” Jimmy shouted. “THIS IS NOT MY DAY.”

“No, it isn’t” a voice hissed from behind him.

Jimmy turned around. “Who’s there?” he asked, frightened.

The villain never answered. He simply struck Jimmy in the head. The janitor found Jimmy’s body the next day.

Hitomi has been killed. She was allied with the Heroes.

Hitomi,

You are Jimmy Olsen, from the Superman comics and the television show Smallville.

sm08-aa-0002_zps89799aaf.jpg

“Some secrets are better kept.“

Originally appearing in the Superman comics, you are a photojournalist who works for the newspaper The Daily Planet. You have a close friendship with Clark Kent, but you are blissfully unaware of who Clark Kent really is. You also provide helpful information to Superman when he is trying to catch villains. On Smallville, you are portrayed as a young photographer with a lot of potential.

Since you are a skilled photographer, every night you may take a picture of a user, and you will see if someone visited that user that night. Post the phrase Visit: user in the quicktopic.

You are allied with the Heroes. Defeat the Villains to win.

It is now Day 2. Phase ends 6/24/13 at 10:00 PM EST

Last edited:

Now is way too early to be speculating about role-based abilities. Spreading information right now helps the mafia.

Harpy, if you're softclaiming something useful to town, you shouldn't be.

Vote: Noivern

Now that you're a new slot, what do you have to say about the game?

It's a reaction vote for pressure.

Do I have to mention someone every time they become relevant?

It's not as though I'm conspiring to lynch a slot with no basis for a lynch whatsoveer.

Hitomi noooo.

I feel like we're still at square one. Who still hasn't posted as of the phase change?

What dafuq mafia

Superman'll have something to say about this.

It's a reaction vote for pressure.

Do I have to mention someone every time they become relevant?

It's not as though I'm conspiring to lynch a slot with no basis for a lynch whatsoveer.

Mentioning your vote target is common courtesy as it gives them a chance to defend themselves and hopefully, get information in case they forgot to check this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom