• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Endgame - Town/Independent Win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 3 - The fall of the Knight [6-25-13]

yes the people who actively chose to lynch mijz aren't mafia while those who made an effort to question him previously but didn't vote him (and froakie who didn't really even suspect him) are mafia? ok son i'm not following that logic

Considering how inactive the game is, there has to be some active scum contingent. It's a fair guess that scum aren't all in the middle.

I would agree with that - most of the players have been somewhat active, posting a few times each phase with reasonable discussion, then of course there are the inactives and, for lack of a better word, the hyperactives. I suppose it would be a fair guess to assume there'd be scum distributed throughout all levels of activity. But that can't be anything more than a guess really! And chasing players because of that? um pls don't

Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Night 3 - Losing time [6-28-13]

Confirmed.

And reads will be listed below from my once-through read of the thread.

Soulmaster; Null read. Inactivity.
m0ckingbird20; Null. Inactivity
Froakie; Towntells mostly. I think you may have been on to something about Hitomi's death. Definitely worth thinking about.
Buoy; Null read. Ive gotten mixed scum and town reads from you throughout. I have to say though I've missed your sense of sarcasm ;D
Phoenicks; Leaning towards Townread imo, though the role is sketchy. The name claim however seems solid in my book.
Neon Borealis; Null leaning towards scum. Nothing but stalling posts and random/bandwagoning votes.
♦Wallflower♦-Now Dark Kyriaki- Null. Inactive.
HumanDawn; Null, I haven't seen enough yet but you seem too set on Harpy's pro-townness.
GliscorMan; Stongly Town reads. After reading the whole thing, I have only gotten town reads from him, with little to no scumreads. He has had good reasoning and ne'er seemed to be grasping for straws.
Harpy; Anti-Town read, independent or not. Has distracted a lot of attention that coil have been better spent. I would like a name claim from you as well. Also, I still remember your potential slip at the beginning. Still worries me a bit.
jda95; Null, slight scumread. I remember you posting a lot, but remember little contributions.
Terezi Pyrope; Null. Inactivity.
Hitomi; Town. Confirmed to have been revived by Kyriaki.
Faerie; Null, inactive.
Oswin; Null, slight scumread. Posted semi frequently with little contribution.
Noivern; Scumreading, the vague posts are not helping your case. However, I was Scumreading on you day 1 too when you were cop.
Pokemaster97; Null, slightly Townread. Posted semi frequently with minor contributions, but seemed to be grasping for straws in the beginning with Jda and Oswin.
GengarWithSunglasses; Null, inactivity.
Nytie; Townread, believable role. If not dead after multiple phases it may be faked.

I'd like to suggest a mass nameclaim. I'll post mine in my next post because I honestly don't remember right now xD

EDIT: I am Simon the Digger from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Who that is I have no clue xD

yes the people who actively chose to lynch mijz aren't mafia while those who made an effort to question him previously but didn't vote him (and froakie who didn't really even suspect him) are mafia? ok son i'm not following that logic

I'm not following it either. Where'd you find it?

I would agree with that - most of the players have been somewhat active, posting a few times each phase with reasonable discussion, then of course there are the inactives and, for lack of a better word, the hyperactives. I suppose it would be a fair guess to assume there'd be scum distributed throughout all levels of activity. But that can't be anything more than a guess really! And chasing players because of that? um pls don't

I agree, let's not chase players. Hasn't worked so far. Let's ask Nytie and Harpy to investigate.

Who would you investigate?

@DrumBeats; I'm the Man in Black from Lost. Anyways: 1) Can you show us how GM is town because I know not just I have gotten scumreads from him yet you are getting strong town reads 2) Nytie's ability protects them unless they hide behind mafia so how is them not dying in the next few phases make them mafia?

Confirmed.
Pokemaster97; Null, slightly Townread. Posted semi frequently with minor contributions, but seemed to be grasping for straws in the beginning with Jda and Oswin.

I don't understand how I was grasping for straws with the Jda and Oswin connection. I was making a point about how people were jumping on Pheonicks for voting the host while no one said anything about those two joke voting even though a conversation had begun already.
@Paperhorse; Is mass claiming allowed?

So are we suggesting that I hide behind jda/buoy/phoenicks tonight? I was considering picking one of them, since they've been some of the most active players.

Under normal circumstances I look up this character, but I'm not that far into lost yet and I don't want to spoil anything Dx I'll take your word on that then.

All of Gliscormans posts have been level-headed and made sense, especially in comparison to many of the other posts in this thread. Care to explain your scumreads on him?

You're putting words in my mouth now. I never said it would make her mafia, but the high chance of death associated with that role would make me a bit wary if Nytie lasted very long. If Nytie would last very long, the claim could be potentially faked.

Poke master, while their joke votes were worth mentioning, you were too dead set in my opinion that they meant something. It was a minor suspicion of mine but nonetheless worth noting.

Statistically, I'll hit mafia sooner or later, and then I will die :(

ahh well i was going off of what froakie said, i see now that it wasn't stated. but i am still rather curious if there's any other reason i've been declared possible scum (particularly from you because the main reason harpy suspects us was because we defended you).

I agree, let's not chase players. Hasn't worked so far. Let's ask Nytie and Harpy to investigate.

Who would you investigate?

At the moment I don't have any particularly strong scumreads. The few people I am having suspicion toward haven't been too active (right now I'm looking at Oswin and Pokemaster), so I'm not exactly convinced on their alignment without having seen them talk regularly.

Also I'm not sure whether I'd believe Harpy's claim. Without going into spoilers that character is without a doubt the main antagonist of Lost and I couldn't see them in an independent role (I could see how the ability could work but even then it's not a very strong fit for the character). And considering you were cleared by Nytie and I have no reason to believe they're lying I'm more inclined to believe you're lying about your nameclaim.

im on my 3ds at like 5am in the morning what the hell happened

lmao the lynch stopper is the same from harpy and catspring pmmm mafia i loved that role ‹3

i don't get phoenicks logic of lynching mijzelffan at all. he said he doesn't want a lynch on him as it would “do nothing for him” as he says he's town but that's untrue because if he lynched mijzelffan and he flipped mafia he'd look town. plus at that stage in the game with how things were going a no lynch would have been better. there's having a lynch to help and there's having a lynch for the sake of having a lynch.

i think a mass nameclaim might be pointless because the mafia probably have safe fake nameclaims(see mm's bible mafia and american revolution) but i'm willing to claim mine if needed

regarding phoenick's name claim mintaka is a fan of yugioh and a big one of crow(check her love shrine albums on bulba i think she has a special one solely for him) so it's very very likely that she put him in and wanted to give him something to protect him from dying in the day

oh and is it just me or is every heroes role so far(including mine and phoenicks's) somebody that the hosts find to be very attractive. it feels like as if this is some sort of battle where the hosts' put in their favourite pet characters and make them battle to death where those who make it out alive mean they're the best and most attractive.

@Harpy; i think you should nameclaim. you've already exposed yourself a lot. may as well.

edit: nevermind

well i've enough of lost and yeah i'm pretty sure that guy was a villain.

I wanted to post one thought but that almost requires responding to everything else.

Would the player who permanently disabled my role please claim?

@DrumBeats; I'm the Man in Black from Lost.

"... The Man in Black ...is the main antagonist of the series."

Mind, unless Nytie is lying or was inebriated on Night 2, I'd trust Harpy's claim.

So are we suggesting that I hide behind jda/buoy/phoenicks tonight? I was considering picking one of them, since they've been some of the most active players.

What about Froakie? Do you think she's town?

ahh well i was going off of what froakie said, i see now that it wasn't stated. but i am still rather curious if there's any other reason i've been declared possible scum (particularly from you because the main reason harpy suspects us was because we defended you).

I don't think you're scum. I think that knowing if you/Buoy/Froakie are scum would open a lot. Otherwise, everyone is possible scum.

i don't get phoenicks logic of lynching mijzelffan at all. he said he doesn't want a lynch on him as it would “do nothing for him” as he says he's town but that's untrue because if he lynched mijzelffan and he flipped mafia he'd look town. plus at that stage in the game with how things were going a no lynch would have been better. there's having a lynch to help and there's having a lynch for the sake of having a lynch.

I believe that a lynch is almost always better than no lynch. I thought Mijz was town, yes. I also hoped I was wrong. The other lynches didn't look as good to me.

I also hoped more people would materialize so we could change.

oh and is it just me or is every heroes role so far(including mine and phoenicks's) somebody that the hosts find to be very attractive. it feels like as if this is some sort of battle where the hosts' put in their favourite pet characters and make them battle to death where those who make it out alive mean they're the best and most attractive.

You gave me an enjoyable laugh.

what do you think of everything? You're our clear, please lead.
last time I was town leader everyone caught fire so I think this is a bad idea

Provided I make it out of this night alive, I am hoping that my ability will be able to determine whether a few choice people are telling the truth about their roles. I'm not naming anyone because that would defeat the purpose.

fwiw, I think Phoenicks is telling the truth about his role because I'm 100% sure he is 0% versed in Yugioh 5Ds and if you think he just picked a random Blackwing support card as his claim he got really freaking lucky because that is a really freaking big archetype. Is that a meta reason, probably, but think of all the other heroes he could have picked from and tell me Crow Hogan would have even been on anyone's list of fakeclaims. He sure wouldn't have been on mine and I practically breathe Yugioh.

As for Harpy's claim about being the Man in Black, is there anyone versed in Lost that will kindly share whether this individual is more independent than mafia because I don't want to spoil myself reading the wiki page in case I ever actually watch Lost

like did this character kill people

but simultaneously, I can't imagine a mafioso claiming to be a series's main antagonist either because that just seems needlessly reckless.

like did this character kill people

Kill people? DID IT KILL PEOPLE?!?

It practically murdered the entire cast!

Anyways, moving on. Sorry that I was completely out of it. I'm really interested to hear why Harpy finds me scum.

Right now, I'm looking at Phoenicks being Town. DrumBeats is leaning Town, too, because of that quick post of reads. But I'm not sure if that's actually a read of mine or just because he thought I looked Town. It's all psychology stuff...

Harpy's name claim isn't making things any better for her... In fact, I'm starting to question if she's really indep at all.

I find HumanDawn's reaction to the mass nameclaim suggestion interesting, but not inherently scummy or town-y.

As for myself and claiming? I plan on claiming next day phase. By then, it should be clear.

@Hitomi; According to the Lost wiki: He has a lot of victims.

In case people try to lynch me off my name claim:
1) I have no idea of the hosts interests and never knew any of them ever watched Lost
2) I've only seen one episode and that was the last one ever that I don't even remember except for it being some really surprising twist on what the island really was or something like that.
3) If you read about him being indep makes sense. I'm actually surprised he isn't a serial killer
4) He has a morphing ability therefore taking someone's ability is kind of like morphing into them

maybe harpy needs to be one of the last few alive to win

phoenicks that's too risky and illogical. you vote the people who you think are mafia not town who slightly might be scum. *shrug* at least people might set their eyes on others now.

hitomi is right. plus he even put in the ¨ ' ¨ in 5D's.

anywho i don't see any danger in nameclaiming. actually i don't think anyone has.

i'm harry potter

why he would be in the game and why i'm not fakeclaiming =

a)paperhorse has read all his books and seen all the movies. (who can blame her)
b)she's even planning to host a mafia game on the series, who's to say she didn't put his role here as a test
c)he's hot. yummy hot.
d)he's been shown shirtless and even in a bath in the 4th movie
e)his sex appeal makes for a perfect candidate to fight off the likes of zenax's dave and mutie's homura.
f) he's very heroic and saves a lot of people but that's not really important

@Paperhorse;

don't worry i'll make sure to show the others that harry has the biggest, hardest dragon eggs ever and most effective wand of them all! if i don't win and make it to endgame i'll at least be the boy who lived!!

@HumanDawn; Sorry but no I just need to survive till endgame. I've told everyone everything about my role. If there is anything that I did not say then it is something that wasn't in my role pm, and that not even I am aware of.

And on another note: You just revealed that you know enough to be able to fakeclaim Harry Potter so you could easily be fakeclaiming as you know enough about the character and know that Paperhorse likes Harry Potter opposed to people like me and Phoenicks who didn't even know of our characters.

And I believe I've looked up Crow before and correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't he start off against Yuusei. I never watched 5Ds except for a few episodes so I only know some things about it that I learned from others.

I think Buoy is likely town -- his last post seemed like a townie working himself into confusion. (Me and Harpy both being mafia -- why would we enter into so many risks together? Self-meta: if I was lynch-resistant as mafia, why would I make myself and a partner targets?)

So I'm left wanting information on jda95 and Froakie and would like Harpy and Nytie to please check them tonight.

Please visit/steal from jda95/froakie/buoy. One is probably scum.

Okay, so, firstly, you now sort of trust me based on the fact that I'm 'confused' (lovely to know, again, that my theory was just me being 'confused'), and you only want information on jda95 and Froakie, yet you end up including me again. The only reason I can guess for this is that Mijzelffan flipped town, but I don't see how that reflects on me at all.

I'm firstly 'likely town', and then I'm 'probably scum'. Which is it?

You wouldn't both be targets at all, though. People might have tried to lynch you that day, but they wouldn't have succeeded, but they wouldn't have tried to lynch Harpy, because they thought it wouldn't have succeeded. Either way, neither of you were true targets during that day, and the general confusion as to how Harpy's stealing role works added to that, I think -- nobody wanted to risk anything between you two because nobody knew how it actually worked.

As well as that, you went into an apparent panic whenever your role got outed. Nobody was suspicious of you for any good reason that day, and you pretty much declared that you were probably going to get nightkilled, yet they nightkilled Dark Kyriaki instead of you -- when there was little to no information on her, and she was also seen as suspicious because of her vote on Zenax D1.

Now, if I had to get really 'confused' and make another theory, I'd suggest that you maybe would've killed Dark Kyriaki because she was being 'rude' to you. You had nobody better to nightkill, to be fair, so you decided to choose someone notably against you. You and Dark Kyriaki had opposed each other several times in the course of the game by then, and her death wasn't going to make you more suspicious, was it? People generally see it as null when a player who has opposed another player is killed. That way, you could get rid of someone against you while accruing no additional flak for it. Then again, that's probably just me 'working myself into confusion', as per usual.

Would the player who permanently disabled my role please claim?

Uh... your ability is one-shot. I presume that it was used up at the end of the phase because Mijzelffan voted for you, and so his vote probably got reflected back to himself. You said you got notified that you couldn't use it anymore -- maybe because it's one-shot?

Speaking of your role, you declared when you had claimed it that it was 'too early on' to get any good idea of whether your role denoted town or mafia alignment. However, I don't really agree. No matter how early it is, you can always make an educated guess at whether a role would be more useful to town or mafia. Personally, I think it's anti-town. You're basically negating every single vote against you, and also guaranteeing the lynch of the player with the second highest number of votes. I don't see how that's a pro-town role at all, although I wouldn't lynch you just based off your claim.

I don't think you're scum. I think that knowing if you/Buoy/Froakie are scum would open a lot. Otherwise, everyone is possible scum.

Even Hitomi? :)

I believe that a lynch is almost always better than no lynch. I thought Mijz was town, yes. I also hoped I was wrong. The other lynches didn't look as good to me.

'I thought he was town, and I lynched him'. You deliberately lynched a person who you believed to be town, when you could have lynched someone who would've gave us more information (Harpy). There's no point hoping you're wrong about something that you think is going to be a mislynch -- it was, whatever you want to say in your defence, a deliberate mislynch, no matter what you 'hoped' or 'wished for'.

The general idea is maybe to try and lynch someone who you're suspicious of.

I'm the Man in Black from Lost. Anyways: 1) Can you show us how GM is town because I know not just I have gotten scumreads from him yet you are getting strong town reads 2) Nytie's ability protects them unless they hide behind mafia so how is them not dying in the next few phases make them mafia?

As Phoenicks and jda95 already pointed out, the Man in Black is the main antagonist in LOST. I don't see how that would particularly make him an independent role at all, but people are probably still going to ignore you and believe you to be independent despite the stacking evidence against it. As well as that, he doesn't morph into people, as far as I can see -- he apparently has the ability to scan the minds and memories of others (rolecop?), and he can take the forms and memories of dead people (amnesiac/mimic?). My guess is probably that you're the mafia rolecop, given that the Man in Black is the main antagonist of his series, although perhaps you are telling the truth. I'm not entirely sure what to think about your claim.

Buoy said:
My guess is probably that you're the mafia rolecop, given that the Man in Black is the main antagonist of his series, although perhaps you are telling the truth. I'm not entirely sure what to think about your claim.

This. Though Nyties claim would disprove it, until Nytie is proven innocent it's worth looking into. Also it could be a good test-lynch for Nyties role considering worst case scenario we lose a potentially antitown independent. However, I think we should hol off on that until we at least get a mafia.

Potential scumteam: Nytie/Harpy. If one of them flips scum the other is guaranteed scum.

@Harpy; I know. I brought the possibility up because you could be lying. The chances of Harry Potter not being in this game are incredibly low. I'd be disappointed if he wasn't even in the game as he's also an incredibly popular hero.

Jack Atlas was the one in a rivalry with Yusei. He was treated as being a sort of antagonist in the first season only, though. There's nothing about Crow that is antagonist worthy. He's basically the Robin Hood of Yu-Gi-Oh!

Interestingly enough, Mijzelffan was against Phoenicks a lot. It would make sense for Phoenicks to mislynch him, and vote him when Mijzelffan is asleep. The nameclaim though... Well, if Phoenicks is Mafia with Neon Borealis, he could come up with the claim for him. Neon Borealis is a fan too, and he actually reviews cards and puts them on tumblr. It's not a stretch to think Neon might have made it up for him and even told him about the card's effect, but then again I doubt that Mintaka wouldn't have put Crow in. As a fakeclaim perhaps? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom