• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

March 2012 "Pocket Monsters Reburst" Review Thread

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Happy 1-year anniversary, ReBURST! (Well, tomorrow.) It seems like it was only yesterday that the first thread was made.

This weeks chapter is weeeeeird....

97663912.jpg

17530677.jpg

15459870.jpg

53102193.jpg

68257296.jpg

37112457.jpg

97400951.jpg

40989323.jpg

Ok, I'm terribly confused.

Why is Karuta a giant? I don't think growth spurts work like that.

Who's the cat girl? (Really? Chaps? She's wearing chaps? The cowboy pants that, for some reason, are designed to not cover the buttocks and crotch areas? Why not have not wear the pants at all while you're at it?)

What's going on?

(Funny thing on the second page of the second picture; the girl is saying "Gomennyasai" or "I'm sorry". It's a pun on Gomennasai (I'm sorry), but she's replacing na with nya (meow). Oh Japan and its puns.

Last edited:
Why is Karuta a giant? I don't think growth spurts work like that.
This is certainly a shock...

According to Karuta, his self confidence had rapidly made him grow in both mind and body. Apparently, he's going on a journey to train himself, and do some great task assigned to him by the villagers. (I may have misinterpreted the last part.)

Who's the cat girl?
Assuming she likes to refer to herself in the third person, ラグ (Lag? Rag? Rug?) appears to be her name. (I hope I read it wrong. It sounds terrible. It's probably taken from バーグラー burglar, as in cat burglar...)

For some reason, she reminds me of Nami...

Last edited:
According to this pic, the title of this weeks chapter is "Mysterious Beauty, Rug." (Should I go literal and use "Mysterious Beautiful Girl, Rug or Mysterious Beauty, Rug? I like the second one because it's shorter and to the point, but the first is a direct translation.) So I guess it's Rug. (I'm going with Rug because a rug is a carpet, and a cats tongue reminds me of a carpet. Wait, does that mean when Burst'd, Rug's tong-*Shot*)

Oh and here I was getting disappointed at Karta staying in his village. I do hope in future chapters they will meet up with him a few more times.

Rug seems like an interesting character, and she looks like a younger Pauline. Since she's a thief, maybe Yappy wants to get pointers on how to be successful at stealing BH or something. :T

Basically, Rug is stalking Ryouga to get his Burst Heart and then sell it to the GG for a high price. She convinces a guy named Torahige and his gang to pick a fight with Ryouga, knowing that they're all too weak for Ryouga to bother Bursting. Her plan is to nab the Burst Heart while Ryouga's fighting.

Luckily, Karuta, who's decided to join Ryouga and the others, steps in and stops her. At that point, she Bursts into Choroneko.

Karuta's joining Ryouga and co?

Finally! And it only took almost 30 chapters.

But why did he have to grow up? I liked his tiny ninja self from before...

Oh well, at least we finally get a new group member...

Last edited:
Choroneko Burst? A Pokemon known for stealing or doing devious acts. And a girl stealing his Burst Heart I wonder if Rug's name comes from "Burugura"(Burglar).

Karuta. Hariru/Halil, right?(Is slow) Please confirm.

I prefer the old young ninja child, cuter and more interesting in my opinion. And a pretty sloppy choice in my opinion that he just "grew" that big like that. It'll take some getting use to, next thing ya know Carola will have a full set of chichis and the body of a 17 year-old house bunny. I wouldn't mind a change like that, not sure if I should as add a "j/k" after this

Wow, inactive thread ;_;

Anyway, Rug has now joined Ryouga and the others in their group as of the latest chapter.

Two people joining in the same chapter, interesting! I do (have low) hope(s) that Rug will bring something different to the table, and not just be a fanservice version of Yappy. I can see her backstabbing them when someone more powerful comes along and tries to side with the bad guy (for selfish reasons of course!). Until Ryouga makes her see the light lol

Despite all my complaints about this series, it does show that I care for it and want to see where it will go in the long run. :)

So did the Twitter user Eitarou used to get those images from stop posting them or something?

Here's what's been happening the last few weeks:

Chapter 52 - "Two vs. One"
Karuta returns Zekrom's Burst Heart to Ryouga, enabling him to Burst and make quick work of Torahige and the others. After they retreat, Ryouga decides to let Karuta face off against Rug to see how much he's grown. After being caught off-guard by one of Rug's tricks ("My shoelaces are untied!" "Waitaminute...she's not even wearing any shoes in the first place!"), Karuta does his Kage Bunshin thing. Only this time, the shadow Karuta he's making aren't just illusions - all five Karuta end up being real! The drawback to this is that each shadow Karuta only has 1/5 of the real Karuta's power, so Rug is able to swat them away easily with a swipe of her tail. He's about to use the attack again when Rug says that she's sorry! Karuta lets down his guard and moves in close, giving Rug the chance to use her Mero-Mero Capture (恋心捕獲, pronounced メロメロキャプチャー) attack. This technique steals Karuta's heart and turns him into her slave! She commands Karuta to attack Ryouga, and he obeys! At the end of the chapter, Ryouga says he has no choice but to fight back.

Chapter 53 - "The Stolen Heart" (this is the chapter I was talking about in this post)
Rug and Karuta fight Ryouga two vs. one. As the battle progresses, Ryouga comments on how much stronger Karuta's gotten since the BHS. Karuta does the Kage Bunshin thing and then jumps up and does his Moonsault Bite attack. Ryogua charges up his Lightning Parve attack, making Rug think that all she has to do is wait for the two of them to knock each other out before stealing both their Burst Hearts. Much to her surprise, however, Ryouga fires the attack at her instead! She jumps out of the way and drops Karuta's heart, shattering it and releasing him from her spell. Rug then lures Ryouga closer to her by telling him that she's sprained her ankle. She uses her Mero-Mero Capture attack again, but for some reason it doesn't work on Ryouga! "What a strange man,"Rug thinks to herself. Later, Miruto and Yappy catch up and hear about what happened. They want to just take her Burst Heart and add it to their collection, but Ryouga takes it back and tells her that she can join them on their journey instead.

Chapter 54 - "The Path We Should Choose" (this week's chapter)
Now that Rug's Burst Heart has been added to the Compass of Light, the path to the remaining three original Burst Hearts has been revealed. At a cafe, a discussion takes place concerning which way to go. Miruto wants to go to the path on the right because it goes through a large city and should therefore be safer, but Rug wants to go to the treacherous mountain path on the left because it's the closest. After a bit of back and forth, Ryouga decides they should go down the center path since the fact that the beam of light is the thickest means that whoever has the Burst Heart is also the strongest. On the road, Rug asks Miruto if she likes Ryouga. She slips up and says she does, and before long the two are fighting over who's the best match for Ryouga. Miruto thinks she should be his girlfriend since she's known him for so long, but Rug argues that the fact that she's a Burst Warrior means they have a connection that Miruto and Ryouga will never have. The two of them ask Karuta who he thinks likes Ryouga the most, but he thinks they're talking about "like" in the platonic sense and says that he does. Eventually, Ryouga catches up to them carrying a signpost that he found further down the road. It's an advertisement for a strongman tournament in nearby Kanai Town, and the second place prize is a Burst Heart!! (First prize is an HD TV, and third prize is a Super Ball). But isn't there something weird about that...?

Awesome Sauce!

Rug better win 2nd place!

Mero Mero Capture...Freakin' Sweet...LOL at Seduced Teenage Karuta...*Insert Doofenshmirtz singing"Evil Love"*

So did the Twitter user Eitarou used to get those images from stop posting them or something?
Nah, the twitter is still posting them...I checked myself.

I can't read Japanese so I was waiting for someone else to bring it up. :0

Eitarou hasn't been here lately for some reason, but he (as lolipiece) still posts the chapters on Serebii.

And now, for the comments:
Chapter 52:
Miruto and Yappy apparently disappeared in this chapter (being useless again...). As for Karuta, he has certainly gotten better. But, five Karutas holding on to Rug seems a little suggestive, especially when Rug is dressed like that. And after that, Rug then tries to seduce him and succeeded in making him her love slave. At least, Karuta is somewhat older now. It would have been awkward to see Rug seduce a kid.

Chaper 53:
The title is quite clever. Not only does it refer to Rug capturing Karuta's heart, but also Ryouga stealing Rug's heart (while remaining clueless). Now I wonder what Rug had in mind when she decides to travel with them. Miruto seems awfully jealous by it.

Chapter 54:
Another tournament? Hopefully, it would be shorter than the BHS.
As for the prizes, why would an HD TV be more valuable than the Burst Heart (Is there a Stunfisk inside...)? And a Super Ball for third? (Those things exist?)

I think the fact that an HD TV is higher up than a Burst Heart is what's supposed to make the whole thing seem fishy.

Why the heck would a Burst Heart be second place? I wonder if one in Ryouma's gang will win it and give it to Yappy or Miruto so they aren't useless anymore.

HD TV 1st prize? Really? Wow, that's certainly something. Ohhhh, Karuta thanks you for joining :3

74137140.jpg

46554334.jpg

75749389.jpg

52408072.jpg

41018154.jpg

79312121.jpg

65308310h.jpg

11364547.jpg

16456894.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe the HD TV...is actually the TRUE Burst Heart?

Rotom Burst Heart. :)

On a serious note, I wonder when we're going to get non-Gen 5 Bursts? :(

Karuta is now Rug's bitch, Rug is now Ryouga's bitch, and Yappy is nobody's bitch but his own. But Miruto is the bottom bitch...uh oh... literal catfight in 3...2...1...chapters from 54...

@捷克羅姆, LOL at Stunfisk Burst...I imagine a Sailor-type guy with that kind of Burst...O evening star, I wish for Fanart of this Stunfisk Burst in my Heart...

"After that small break that came after a butt-numbingly long tournament, have yet another tournament!!" Which is fine by me, since we will see more kooky characters and their bursts at once. I doubt we'll see any pre-gen 5 bursts until much later, or none at all.

Maybe TVs in that world is a very rare commodity? ...yeah, very fishy.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom