• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Maxim's 100 Questions About HeartGold/SoulSilver

But relegating them completely would make no sense as well. No region consists only of its natives!
Only so that the new Pokemon can fit, they can keep some like Dratini and stuff only get rid of some extremely unnecessary Pokemon up to 23 or so for the new Kanto and Johto pre-evolutions and evolutions and keep the rest.

I'm not saying that they should ignore the existence of these Pokemon. Just make them unobtainable until some proper moment in the game. I can't see Mom in New Bark Town giving you a Razor Fang...
That's giving the National Dex too much power for something that just records Pokemon. Actually allowing your Pokemon to evolve just because you have the national dex, is really bizarre to me.

That's actually an idea but I don't think it would work... HGSS already has lots of new items to add. I don't think that evolutionary items are what we need so early in the game. Some patience, gosh... You'll get your evo in its time.
The flaw in that is, Maybe I want to use Magmortar against Pryce, now I can't do that if I can't evolve Magmar, and no I don't want to wait until a Platinum "Trainer Cafe" thing I actually want to use it against Pryce from the first time I battle him. I'm sure some Crobat lovers wanted to creme Erika but couldn't because it couldn't evolve. And again one or two evolutionary items are not that difficult to place somewhere. Hell the Dawn Stone was found in the weirdest place in the Platinum surely they could do the same here.

And I doubt they would have a lot of coding to do especially if they what used Platinum's engine? (Is that how that technical stuff works, I'm not very proficient in computer programming).

Besides ignoring item induced evolutions would be ignoring, Yanmega, Mamoswine, Tangrowth, etc, etc, and it would be pointless to add them if you aren't going to add the whole bunch.

Bizarre. If that's the way, I prefer the HGSS-DPPt trading to be available only after National Dex...
Well it would be nostalgic wouldn't it, if they did have it that way?

Filb now has CoroCoro scans.

And, to be honest, they brought me much more doubts about the game.

I don't like that new female hero. At any bit!

Expect me to reveal "Maxim's 100 things that should have been done better in HGSS" after the game's release.

The first thing will be:
1. I would put Crys instead of that village-girl as a female protagonist.

Someone is going to be pissed while we will be traversing through the new Johto-no the proper Johto happily.

I don't like that new female hero. At any bit!

You don't know anything about how she is perceived yet. Just because she does not resemble Krys does not mean you should not like her, maybe it is Krys with a few design changes, its possible right?

tl;dr

butthurt nostalgia fans complaining they aren't getting a 100% port of pokemon crystal.

79. Will the new evolutions of old Pokemon be a part of Johto Dex or will they be available after obtaining National Dex? Also, how will the Pokemon which evolve only at specific spots be obtained (e.g. Probopass, Leafeon)?

They should be in. Sneasel, Murkrow, Piloswine, Misdreavus, Gligar, and Yanma are kinda...bad by themselves without no evolution (although, Piloswine is pretty good). Just try and beat the game with them, no evolving. And as for Nosepass and Eevee, Mt. Moon or Silver or Rock Tunnel (a good use), Ilex or Viridian Forest, and Seafom Island (Articuno's Cave) should be nice.

I think that Seafoam is a little late in the game for a possible Glaceon evolution spot. Maybe the Ice Path? Just saying.

And Ilex. Anyone remember that hill around the Farfetched circle? Perfect place to put the rock.

They should be in. Sneasel, Murkrow, Piloswine, Misdreavus, Gligar, and Yanma are kinda...bad by themselves without no evolution (although, Piloswine is pretty good). Just try and beat the game with them, no evolving. And as for Nosepass and Eevee, Mt. Moon or Silver or Rock Tunnel (a good use), Ilex or Viridian Forest, and Seafom Island (Articuno's Cave) should be nice.

Why are you mentioning Nosepass, its a Gen III pokemon right? No need for it at all pre national dex.

Maybe they could have you evolve eevee at Ilix forest or whatever, but for these two gen IV evolutions, I'd prefer if you traded to get them, since how (I know its not anime) in anime May came all the way to Sinnoh just to evolve her eevee to Glaceon. If she could have in Johto, do you think she really would have came?

Why are you mentioning Nosepass, its a Gen III pokemon right? No need for it at all pre national dex.

I think it had more to do with how could Nosepass evolve in HGSS more than it had to with it being in the Johto Pokedex. I say that because Missingyes quoted something that said Probopass in it.

So Maxim , you stopped abusing Soul ?
It must have taken long getting thesequestions ready!

Oh well it was good while it lasted.*shot* XD

Well, any existing mountain/cave would work perfectly for Nosepass>Probopass, except for one thing: Magneton>Magnezone.
Both Probopass and Magnezone share the "magnetic mountain" evolution method, and since they won't make any evolutions work in a way that they would have been "possible" in older games (except for Lickilicky, but I think that was just an error), the evolving area won't be anywhere you could have brought a Magneton in GSC.
So the only option left, if there's indeed a way to evolve those pokémon in HGSS, is a new area (or around a new rock in a pre-existing area).

Out of both Johto and Kanto, Rock Tunnel makes the most sense (barely) because of its proximity to the Power Plant. But the Ruins of Alph/Union Cave or Mt. Mortar stand a chance too. I'm expecting some retconning-in of magnetic meteor strikes.

maybe we will finally see some use for Dark Cave.

Maybe they might add a cave near the Magnet Train track.

maybe we will finally see some use for Dark Cave.

If the sheer awesomeness that is, has been, and always will be Dunsparce isn't use enough for the Dark Cave, I don't know what is.

Now, I think the PokéGear will utilize the touch screen. More than likely there will be a button to switch between the menu and the PokéGear. Also, hopefully, the map on the PokéGear will track the legendary gerbils, it was so annoying having to check the PokéDex every time I changed routes. I was good at it, but it was still annoying. Still is, actually- I'm hunting down Suicune in Gold.

I hope they keep certain Crystal elements- namely, Battle Tower, Odd Egg, Celebi event, legendary gerbil battle music, Buena's Password, ect. Obviously nothing crucial to Crystal's plotline, like the Suicune battle at Tin Tower or Eusine.

Moar space for phone numbers. Srsly. It's such a pain when you got all these numbers you want to keep and another you want but can't have.

Eevee+Leaf Stone=Leafeon. Seriously. It's what they should've done in the first place, they already threw continuity out the window by making Piloswine and Lickitung evolve by knowing moves they've been able to learn since Generation II, so why not?

Wobbuffet getting Encore by leveling up. That or wild Wynaut.

I got an idea about Headbutt trees that'll make everyone happy- have both Headbutt AND Honey work on them! Just have certain Pokemon available only by Headbutt and others by Honey.

Example:
HeartGold trees (Honey only)
Weedle
Kakuna
Beedrill
Venonat
Spinarak
Mankey

HeartGold trees (Headbutt only)
Caterpie
Metapod
Butterfree