• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most annoying battle?

GoldeenTail

wats a user title
Reaction score
In-game. No Wi-Fi battles, please.

For me, the battle with Ghetsis. I'm pretty sure we all know why. Freakin' underleveled balanced moveset Hydregion...

That one ace trainer in Chargestone Cave that has a Lilligant that knows both Quiver Dance and Teeter Dance.

That one Pokemon I just found freaking annoying as hell as it took down 4 of my other Pokemon and had 3 Quiver Dances in before I K.Oed it.

In-game. No Wi-Fi battles, please.

For me, the battle with Ghetsis. I'm pretty sure we all know why. Freakin' underleveled balanced moveset Hydregion...

Ghetsis. His Hydregion that has super powerful moves that never miss. Took out my team one after another. Barely beat him.

And nobody's going to mention how Ghetsis' Cofagrigus spams Toxic-Protect?

An in-game trainer actually using a viable strategy?! Who'd have thought it?

Elesa was ridiculous when my entire team was weak to Emolga's STAB attacks (Black Version). Pretty much any battle is annoying for me on Victory Road right now, because my entire team is quite underleveled (White Version).

Ghetsis was pretty annoying as I had to item spam just to kill his stupid Hydriegon. I also found any fight when I was facing a Simipour was super annoying. Scald has a ridiculous burn ratio. 4 times out of 5 I get burned. Really aggravating.

Ghetsis' Hydreigon. It was a bitch, I could never have beat it if it wasn't for Chandelure's curse... and my team was all lvl 50-52 too >:C

Elesa's two Emolgas sucked. They kept using Volt Switch, and when I got the chance to attack, I was always paralyzed. Then when I finally beat them, I end up facing her Zebstrika with a level 31 Rufflet in the red. But I beat her though LOL (with the help of 2 Revives and a Super Potion)!

@ all the people who had trouble with Ghetsis' Hydregion, I didn't really spend too much time on him, it was relatively easy, and my Pokemon were 7-10 levels under his PKMN. I don't know what made it hard, no offense to anyone or anything. :\

Elesa's Emolga. The only Pokémon I trained at that time were Pignite and Tranquil. I couldn't use Tranquil for obvious reasons so I had to stay with Pignite. I need to use Flame Charge on the first turn to get the Speed boost, then beat her Emolga with Rollout, of course without Static activating. Then I need to successfully hit the other 2 with Rollout, without missing or activating Static. That was the most annoying battle ever.

Lenora or Elesa's battles. Especially Elesa's gym trainers. That was annoying! All of my attacks missed!!!

I was pretty ill-prepared for Clay's Excadrill. Took me a couple tries.

The Emolgas at Nimbasa Gym were not that fun to face. Granted, I could have used Stealth Rock to make them take damage every time they try to get out, but I didn't want Dwebble getting Speed EVs from them. Oh well.

Cofagrigus was also annoying to face, considering that I used Garbodor against both Shauntal and Ghetsis, since I thought that Pokemon is bait for Toxic Spiking. I guess I didn't see the Toxic-Protect strategy because I used a Poison-type. It's the fact that Psychic is often used, which I didn't expect.

Another battle I thought was annoying was Iris. Her two dragons were dancers, which is naturally bad news if they were to accumulate enough boosts. Luckily, most of my team were female, which means Fraxure isn't that bad (Rivalry), and I am glad Haxorus thought it was a good idea to keep dancing, considering my use of Serperior to stall the Poison (from T-Spikes) and Leech Seed.

Thanks for reading.

I hate battling Boldore. Their Sturdy is obnoxious.

Swanna uses Surf!
Boldore's Sturdy activates.
Boldore uses Smack Down!

Gah!

For those bitch-plaining about Ghetsis' Hydregion, get yourself a Mienshao, EV train it in Attack & Speed, & it can go to town with Ghetsis.

To those bitch-plaining about Sturdy being buffed, I say, Mold Breaker is win!

Aside from that, I would say the Nimasa Gym fight is the most annoying. Dual Emolgas with both having the exact same move-sets?? That bitch is enough to get me into Emolga hunting, & not the kind that trainers usually do. No no, in this hunt, Emolgas are small game, & no match for my Widowmaker Shotgun! Anyone up for some Emolga Pot Pie??

I feel left out.. from being utterly destroyed by Ghetsis' Hydreigon; I practically sweeped his entire team with my Haxorus DD'd. Not trying to rub it in or anything, I actually wanted to see how awesome the AI's strategy was this time around >.<.

Clay and Iris took longer for me mostly because they used their signature TM in conjunction with some power-up status' and I wasn't prepared for that (Hone Claws + Bulldoze, Dragon Dance + Dragon Tail). Also because I tried sweeping Iris' team with the Fraxure I had at that time by Attracting the female Fraxure and trying to set up. Took me a lot of saves before I could pull it off.

Those trainers outside the shopping Mall. I do not need them when I only have one pokemon left at 1hp.

I thought Ghetsis was easy :S

Oh, and Elesa. She defeated me about 7 times.

Ghetsis I struggled with a bit on White, but was pathetically easy for me in Black. Cofagrigus with Toxic/Protect/Shadow Ball/Psychic? Let me just set up 6 Bulk Ups while healing the Toxic damage with Shed Skin along with a few Full Restores. :D Thank god Hydregion missed with Focus Blast, being a super effective special move and all. Would've screwed me over if I hadn't Drain Punched it to the face.

Off the top of my head, Elesa in Black. VOLT SWITCH. >:C I don't even remember how I eventually countered her. Air Slash took care of my Scraggy and Servine, Pursuit on Victini and Solosis, and just taking out my weak at the time Drilbur that Dig couldn't effect. (Surprisingly, I don't remember struggling with her that much in White despite at this point only having a Dewott and a frail and underlevled Pansage for battles. o_O)

Ghetsis. I could tough it out even to beat N by a nose, since I was underleveled, but I lost to Ghetsis and had to do some Audino grinding because of that overpowered Hydreigon. Everything else went down quickly after the level-ups, even Hydreigon, so it was really just my underleveled Pokémon.

Also, Elesa. The only thing I had that was completely immune to her Emolga horrors was Sandile, I think, and the others either fainted or ended up being surprisingly weak against Volt Switch (not by type) so I had to use some residual damage moves. Luckily I didn't actually lose to her.
But now when I encounter Emolga instead of Audino, they are dead. Deader than dead.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom