• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most HAXXY moment in Pokemon ever?

Battles Subway Umbreon evaded four attacks in a row while it was setting Work up. Then it swept all three of my Pokes.

Oh don't even get me started with the Battle Subway. They are so haxy it's not even funny. My Will-O-Wisp missed a Gyarados three times in a row - it had set up three Dragon Dances in this time and so I then lost to it. >.<

My most haxxy moment is actually something I did for once. For some reason, I was using an Infernape with Fire Punch (with Iron Fist for lulz, I think), battling someone who always beats me. I'm down to my last Pokémon - Infernape - and decide to start spamming Fire Punch, knowing that every one of my opponent's remaining Pokémon take neutral damage from Fire-type attacks. Her Pokémon uses Stone Edge, it misses. "Sweet", I think to myself. Infernape uses Fire Punch, critical hit, takes it down to something like 4% HP, burns, then faints from the damage taken from that.

I was pretty pleased with that, while she was not. I remember her "wtf" response, followed by a small amount of cursing.

Her next Pokémon, Infernape outspeeds, hitting it with Fire Punch, critting, and getting the burn for a second turn in a row.

Much more swearing and caps than last time.

Her next Pokémon, Infernape also outspeeds, getting a crit for a third turn in a row, but no burn.

I still lost in the end, but it was pretty haxxy.

this. a million times this.

same goes for Double Team. I use Double Team, it's like it did nothing at all, but if the CPU uses Double Team it may as well have boosted its evasion +6 that turn. & 9 times out of 10 if the CPU used Double Team & your attack missed, the CPU will use Double Team again & continue this frustrating hax cycle -.-
It's even more rage-inducing when the opposing Pokemon uses Toxic in conjunction with Double Team/Minimize. I'm looking at you, Koga.

I've had so many in the Battle Tower/Frontier/etc. I hate those places with the burning passion of a thousand Red Giants. One of the worst I remember was my defeat at the hands of a Quick Claw-holding Gilgar in Pokemon Emerald's Battle Tower. It was the only opponent left and I had already lost one of my own. Its Quick Claw took effect and let it move first, and then it used either Fissure or Guillotine to instantly KO my second Pokemon. I sent out my third Pokemon, and the same thing happened again and I lost. Pokemon just makes me want to scream sometimes.

Today, I was doing the Battle Hall in SS, and I was doing really well with my Arbok. I did the 29 successive victories required, and it was very tense and exciting at times, and I was anticipating a hotly constestable final against the Hall Brain. And so it came down to this;

Lv. 88 Arbok vs... Lv. 88 Garchomp.

I took it like a man before sulking in the corner.

I was in the Battle Subway, and my Zoroark got paralyzed by a Thunder Wave. Not much of a problem...except it couldn't move for 6 turns! I was really annoyed after that...

I was training my Golett a few minutes ago, and found a wild Watchog. It puts my Golett to sleep, and then uses Confuse Ray on it, so I'm positive that I won't be able to attack. Ever. But then, Golett wakes up. Awesome. It doesn't hurt itself in confusion. Hell yes. DynamicPunch hits - fuck yeah.

I was training my Golett a few minutes ago, and found a wild Watchog. It puts my Golett to sleep, and then uses Confuse Ray on it, so I'm positive that I won't be able to attack. Ever. But then, Golett wakes up. Awesome. It doesn't hurt itself in confusion. Hell yes. DynamicPunch hits - fuck yeah.
Aaaaaaaaaaand this is why Golett is made of awesome and win. Just sayin'. ;-)

Haxxiest moment I've ever dealt with? Clay's Excadrill on Black. Seriously. One Hone Claws and that thing tore my team apart. My poor Samurott couldn't hold his ground, my Sawk, who was one of my strongest fighters, kept fainting and my Boldore was rendered useless. I went through more Revives than I can count and almost lost. So much for Rock Slide not being effective. =/ But I got lucky; Excadrill decided to pop off another Hone Claws and my Samurott Prima was able to take it down. But most of my team was down for the count by the time I won. Thank heavens I don't do Nuzlocke or I would have been massively screwed.

I did not, however, have that sort of experience on my copy of White.

White became a catch-all for every Golett I caught in the Dragonspiral Tower on Black. For the heck of it, I picked through the boxes, found one I really liked and added it to my White team. I started EV training it in Attack, so when I met up with Clay and that Excadrill, out came my Golett.

Two hits. Two hits and Braver, my darling Golett, nailed that pile of slag to the wall. That Excadrill had no chance. Ah, revenge truly is a dish that is best served cold. :evil:

Playing over Wifi against a friend, with both of us using ingame teams.

I send out Pikachu, she sends out Empoleon.

She recalls Empoleon and sends out Flygon. Pikachu uses Return. It's a critical hit! Flygon loses 70% of its health!

It was beautiful. There was another time when above Pikachu two shotted an Electivire.

- Five consecutive Thunders missing with no accuracy drops
- Out of four Jirachi Thunders, two missed and two didn't paralyze
- Crit/paralysis/full paralysis on the same turn.
- Jirachi Iron Head flinching my 100% Suicune to death.
- Immobilization by Attract four consecutive times followed by a Sing miss (this happened just now).

pick one
actually im quite sure i could probably recall some more instances while playing challenge cup, if anyone cares

Last edited:
Lance and his Dragonite. I'm sorry, I can let everything else slide except for that.

My most haxx moment was when the Raikou I was fighting in the Battle Hall landed Thunder on my Exploud twice in a row...even though my Exploud was holding Bright Powder and had Double Teamed a few times.

It's even more rage-inducing when the opposing Pokemon uses Toxic in conjunction with Double Team/Minimize. I'm looking at you, Koga.

ugh, agreed. OR just as bad, thunder wave or another paralyzing move, &/or attract.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom