• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most useless pokemon moves?

HURR DURR SPLASH LOL.

Rock Polish, Mud Sport, Taunt, and Growl (not so much useless, but I really really hate it)

Metronome is kinda lame. Sometimes your Pokemon uses an awesome move like Judgment, other times it does something lame like the infamous Splash. And one time I had my Clefairy use Metronome and it turned into Fling; I won the battle I was in with that one attack, but Fling caused Clefairy to lose her Exp. Share and it took me months to find another one so I was very upset.

Defog is the worst move ever. I'd rather use Splash than Defog because not only does Defog not accomplish anything useful, it removes Stealth Rock/Spikes/Toxic Spikes....on the enemy's side. Splash forces you to waste one turn, as opposed to Defog not only wasting the turn you used it, but the ones you spent setting up those useful entry hazards.

Taunt too.

I don't care if I get infracted for flaming, but these are absolutely retarded posts.

Last edited:
Water/Mud Sport
Feint
BOTH Protect/Detect. One is good, but two attacks that are the same, except the name?
Memento
Mud Slap

And one time I had my Clefairy use Metronome and it turned into Fling; I won the battle I was in with that one attack, but Fling caused Clefairy to lose her Exp. Share and it took me months to find another one so I was very upset.

That happened to my brother once. One of those moments where the worst possible outcome happens out of nowhere. Speaking of Metronome, I taught it to my Primeape once. Total waste of a move spot. The odds of a useless move occurring are much greater than the odds of a good move.

Switcheroo. It's basically the same as Trick. Also, Feint (it should work, even if your opponent is using Protect).

You know splash, and both the sports to a lesser extent.
But there are some moves that are very useful someone said Rock Polish? You kidding? thats what makes slow rock type useable sometimes.
Protect? Perfect staller and scouter. Ninjask is helpless to Baton Pass without it, too.

I find Protect/Detect to be rather useless, they seem mostly like stalling to me. The only good time I can think to use it is when the opponent is using a charge then attack move (eg SolarBeam).

Also Feint. The chances of it working are very low, and even then it's not that great an attack.

Detect. It has 5 less PP than Protect, and it's the SAME EXACT THING! And the sports. Geodude and Mud sport. Reeaallly.

I've won many a battle with that move. If anything, you should have said Flash/Sand Attack there. Because Mud Slap is just a better version of that.

Unless Mud-slap is used against a flying type or a Pokemon with Levitate.

Well a lot of moves are considered useless depending on the battle itself...
In my experience, Focus Punch is pretty useless if the pokemon using gets hit before it gets to punch.

Splash FTW, people!!! :p

all sports, tail whip, growl, splash, helping hand, leer, dragon rage and super fang

No, maybe, yes, DEFINITELY NO, kind of yes.

Memento. It can't even be mean looked, or anything.

After reading through the thread, I am disappoint. Protect is not useless. It's great for helping you predict what your opponents next move will be, Toxic Stalling, and various other situations.

Rock Polish is a very good move, considering that the majority of the pokemon that can learn it are slow anyways.

thats the thing most pokemon who learn rock polish are slow as crap

oh and pursuit if used as a pokemon is being switched out will do 80 dmg oh wait crunch/dark pulse do the same amount AND they can flinch/reduce def

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom