• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New D/P Anime Scan... Nugai's (Shinji's) r/ship to group revealed?

Hikari's finding Pikachu alone only to later return it to Ash is an unfair representation of the games, where GBA Pokémon can only be traded at the very end, and cannot be returned to their original trainers.

It's starting to sound like there are a good few differences between DP and AG's beginnings. The whole first episode of DP seems to be about Hikari, not Ash, and Ash and Hikari don't even meet until episode 3; Hikari has her first adventure and chooses her starter without Ash being present; she meets Pikachu before Ash; she and Ash don't get along; Hikari won't be a willing student to Ash, if she's going to be his student at all; Ash will have not just one rival, but two, and both rivals will be brought into the action a great deal earlier than Drew and Harley; Hikari appears to be more prominent than May was, generally - she's been given as much focus in those summaries as Ash, possibly even more.

It is nice to know that Ash and Hikari's interaction will at least be different than Ash and May's was.

The thing is though, Hikari has "beginning trainer" spirit. I bet after she loses her first battle, she'll realize that she has a lot to learn and can't act so impulsive and then tone herself down to learn from Ash. After that episode she may very well interact with Ash calmly and learn from him.

The idea of Hikari doing Contests is annoying however. Let's hope she realizes that Contests "aren't her thing" and decides to do something else.

Hikari's finding Pikachu alone only to later return it to Ash is an unfair representation of the games, where GBA Pokémon can only be traded at the very end, and cannot be returned to their original trainers.
Oh my god nobody cares.

*coughs*

Well, while they already brought up the fact that nobody gives a !#@$%@#$%. There is also the fact that A TRADE DIDN'T TAKE PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE FOUND PIKACHU!!!!! NOT CAPTURE!!!!!! THE POKEBALL MECHANISM WOULD PREVENT THAT!!!!!!!!!! IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S LIKE SAYING THAT SATOSHI COULDN'T COME IN TO THE SERIES TILL THE END BECAUSE HE HAS PIKACHU!!!!

Er....sorry...school getting me a little stressed. ^^;

^^;;
yeah that was a little extreme...

but anyways, I think Hikari may be hardheaded and resemble ash more than any other character. Which is why I think the idea that they get in fights often will stick as a long running gag.

So, Ash really catch mukkuru.But, if he is still searching for pikachu, which other pkm, than aipom and mukkuru, he will use on the 3 Vs.3 battle?

but anyways, I think Hikari may be hardheaded and resemble ash more than any other character. Which is why I think the idea that they get in fights often will stick as a long running gag.

That was Ash/Misty's dynamic, are they really going to repeat that with Ash/Hikari?

Well, it doesn't seem much of an AG rehash, at least for now, does it? Hikari seems strong willed, from what the summaries say, quite different from May at the beginning of AG.

Also, seems Ash is getting Mukkuru and Naetle in the first five episodes. :O

"Nugai" was a translation of "New Guy", which Pie took to be his name. Later it was pointed out to just be a description, but the name stuck.

Not quite. More like someone asked what his name was when we had no idea what it was, and I made up Nugai thinking it'd be easily identified as a parody of New Guy, which is what we were all calling him. A few people thought I was serious. I decided to see just how many people I could fool by continuing to call him such - and, well, now we know how many.

I can link you to the post where I said I would do this, because I did come right out and say I'd be using it to try and trick people. XD

Shinji, eh? Does this mean Satoshi/Shigeru/Hiroshi/Shinji is gonna be called ShiShiShiShiShipping?

Well, you should start to think like "AG is over, some things happened" and watch DP, even if it's a rehash... It's improved one. Upgrade.

People still were buying Pokemon Emerald.

So Ash and Hikari don't get along?

Why am I getting flashbacks of Misty now?

According to you, Hikari's english name is Maysty.

And if those are the evos, damn them. Damn them to hell. Both of the promising starters ends up as dead-ends, and the Donkey Kong reject end up by far the coolest of the three.

Oh, well. Guess I won't be breaking my tradition of always going for the fire type this round either.

It looks more like Ash treats her as a n00b and mocks her for being a beginning trainer, possibly because they fight over Pikachu in episode 2, like Jo-Jo suggests. I don't think this is going to last for too long.

That would be good then. A newbie who thinks she knows better than an experienced trainer? Could be interesting.

But that dynamic probably won't last passed the 4th episode because of her first battle. :/

I've got some sincere doubts about the sketches. Evidently, it's a collage of photos taken of hand-drawn stuff...

- Why would they show us these versions?
- Why would they have it in the magazine?
- I'm seeing some wrinkles and folds - see the upper left corner of the Hikozaru second stage - wouldn't they take better care of their stuff?
- If the last stage of Hikozaru was that much cooler than the other two, wouldn't Ash have it rather than Naetle? Wouldn't Brock have Naetle rather than it? Come on, they don't like Brock THAT much, and they wouldn't think twice about giving Ash the hero the most heroic Pokémon of the bunch.
- ... Christmas tree? What the...?

I dunno, I'm guessing those are someone's interpretation of the evo lines that somehow got mixed in with the scans.

That would be good then. A newbie who thinks she knows better than an experienced trainer? Could be interesting.

But that dynamic probably won't last passed the 4th episode because of her first battle. :/

It would be cute if they kept that up threw the whole series, any ways I was right about the new guy being the new rival for Ash, huzzah I get to keep my 20$ for that bet too ^_^
I can't wait to see them fight like that. I hope they do an episode where the new rival meets Gary LOL AHH Poor Ash he'd have to deal with Hikari/new rival/Gary/Team Rocket. I hope Hikari gets girl rivals like I've been speculating.

I'm glad that Hikari and Satoshi will have a different dynamic then the past characters. Its also pretty cool that Hikari is getting top billing in the premiere.

Interesting. This dude does look like a rival, alright. But what about Brock? What the heck is going on here?
And I call fake on the starter drawings.

Ya know, it would be interessing if Hikari would prove that she has a talent for Pokémon in their battle and manage to keep up with Ash until she gets beaten.

Though this is more or less confirmed. The rival's name is indeed Shinji. The official site has a picture of him hidden. The original link is http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/contents/pokemon_dp/images/shinji.gif
shinji.png

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom